“The lady who managed the hotel in 2006 is the worst example of customer service i have EVER recieved”
Review of Church House Hotel

Church House Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Milton Keynes
Church House Hotel
Ranked #31 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
bucks, england
Reviewed 6 February 2011

This is a review of a surprise party booking at this hotel in 2006
(I tried leaving a review before but trip advisor didn’t appear to want to publish - so I will try again with not so in depth details)

The lady who managed the hotel in 2006 (unsure if still the manager) was the worst example of customer service I have EVER received.

The woman changed the rates each time I spoke to her. Said unkind remarks.
She was generally VERY rude.

The hotel itself was nice - however it is the experience that would make me return somewhere
And this experience has left me well clear to never return

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank tracey1983uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Cambridgeshire, England
Reviewed 4 September 2010

I arrived on a Saturday to this hotel that looks like a large house on a sleepy sub-urban estate. I was greeted cheerfully but was not shown to my room - although directed adequately enough. The room is adequate, but is really quite cramped for 2 people, especially the en-suite (I have seen larger wardrobes!) There is an advertised restaurant from 1800 to 2130 but the staff were unable to contact the chef so I had to walk to the local 'Brewer's fayre' type pub for meal. I was unable to sample breakfast as I had to check out early but I felt £10 was rather steep.
In the end as it was a cheap room through a late deals website I can't complain at the value, but I wouldn't want to spend much more for the service received.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Fen_Scorpion
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2010

a converted (large) house and run by a single person (as far as I could tell). My single room was very small and facilities limited (e.g. few tv stations). Very small lounge and eating areas downstairs. Small, but pleasant garden with tables and chairs. The guy running the place was very helpful. Generally quiet environment, but some noise occasionally from other rooms. Breakfast ok, but a little expensive given things like orange juice concentrate. Generally clean and tidy although beginning to look a little worn in places. Not everything working as it should (e.g. loo flush and taps), but good shower (too small for bath). Ok for mid-week couple of days (weekend rates considerably more) if you want to be situated NW of central MK.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank mab032
Shrewsbury
Reviewed 11 June 2010

Please try this great small and friendly hotel.Nicely furnished, spotlessly,clean,comfortable and quiet yet close to the city.Bhola is the Nepalese guy who runs it and he is a truly great host and an excellent Chef.All you ever hear in answer to any request is "No Problem" and he cannot do enough for you.The food was top and well presented.All in all a great hotel and value for money.Once you have visited you will want to return and when you do please say hi the Bhola for me.
David Jephcott FRSA

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank TheVirtualComposer
melbourne
Reviewed 7 June 2010

We found this hotel to be absolutely delightful; it is more like a large house than a hotel and its setting is lovely (look out for the swan that sits on the side of the road).
We received a warm welcome when we booked in and thoroughly enjoyed the intimate bar area where we shared drinks and travellers' yarns with our fellow guests.
Our room was very large and comfortable and as the hotel is in such a quiet area we had a wonderful nights sleep.
If you have to go to Milton Keynes for business or pleasure then this is the place to stay.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 10 June 2008

We booked out the whole of this small 10 bed hotel for a private weekend party and on reflection was absolutely the perfect choice of venue for us.

Both Wendy and Christina were delightful and bent over backwards to ensure our stay was the best and most comfortable it could be. Rooms were clean and cosy and the communal areas and bar area inviting. They also had a lovely outdoor area with quality garden furniture that we made use of as an outdoor breakfast area and evening beer garden (we were lucky with the weather!).

The hotel is set in a quiet residential area about 10 mins drive from the city centre and rail station. They serve only breakfast at this time but I understand they are looking into providing evening meal solutions. A great choice for people seeking honest no fuss value for money with friendly service.

Nick, London, UK.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Nick1575
Epsom Surrey
Reviewed 28 May 2008

Pleasant small but well run hotel in a quiet secluded part of MK. Ideal for business use. My stay made a success by Kristina and Wendy.

• Liked — Felt like being @ home
  • Disliked — No internet access
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)