“Great food, fantastic environment, friendly service”
Review of The Cross Keys

The Cross Keys
Ranked #8 of 596 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Cross Keys is a traditional pub and dining venue located in the heart of Milton Keynes, 3 miles away from the Centre:MK shopping centre. Our passion is catering for people looking for good quality, fresh, homemade food. Our head chef James sources local produce to create classic dishes with a contemporary twist. Here at the Cross Keys our aim is to provide the top quality dining experience with all the character of an attractive country pub. It's the perfect setting to meet with friends, celebrate a special occasion with the family, or just have a chilled drink after work. We cater for all occasions, big and small. We hope to see you soon. Hannah (Manager) & James (Head chef)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited in the week with friends, our first time back to The Cross Keys since its refurbishment. The restaurant looks great, especially on a sunny evening when we visited where you can take advantage of the garden.

Food is really good, menu offers a great selection. I had the Risotto, followed by the salted caramel and chocolate praline tart, would definitely recommend both. Service from Eri and the team is great!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This gastro pub has had a major overhaul which has increased its capacity by 100% and the fact that we were unable to get a reservation of a Tuesday night attests to it popularity. The next week we decided to go on a Wednesday. We managed to get a table but it was still heaving with a mixture of couples,small groups and the odd group of 10+. The Food was excellent, I had the scallops on butternut puree to start and followed it with a vegetable risotto which I was able to add a pan fried fillet of Salmon to. My better half had Olives to start with and followed them with Oven baked Cod served with Dauphiniose potaotes and mushy peas. This meal was advertised as Hand Battered Cod with thich cut chips and as you can see our waiter Eri was very helpful in getting us what we wanted. As I was not driving I had a pint of Erdinger wheat beer which was very good and followed it with a glass or 2 of Malbec. We had a great meal in a buzzy place and it is certainly worth a visit

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

An excellent evening with great food in a relaxed but friendly atmosphere.
The waiting staff were very friendly and efficient

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was the first time I had been to the Cross Keys since the refurb.
I was a bit disappointed by my last visit which was for Sunday lunch. The portion size was huge! it just all lacked a bit of finesse, potatoes not crunchy outside, fluffy inside and veg was very under cooked.
This was a while ago.

The refurb is beautiful. Really comfortable seating, everything was lovely and clean and the staff are a credit. I had the fish and chips and it was so good, I actually couldn't finish it all. Everyone else had one of the burgers which although juicy, were apparently very nice!
I'm sure I'll be the judge of that some time.

I will definitely recommend this restaurant and I will be trying the Sunday roast again soon.

Perfect also for lazy afternoon on a sunny day in the garden.

Thanks for treating us to such lovely food, great atmosphere and beautiful surroundings.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped here as a refresher to a Sunday bike ride. Perfect setting and will allow dogs in the garden area so brilliant for a Sunday walk or ride. Staff always friendly and helpful and plenty of affoordable bar snacks.