“good hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Halifax, United Kingdom
“good hotel”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

we stayed here for 3 nights this month, Good welcome when we arrived, sufficient towels etc in room but we asked for extra and they were brought to the room straight away. Breakfast was so good, we asked for vegetarian sausages and they were cooked for us, all you needed for a great start to the day. Pool just functional, enough for a swim, changing rooms could be bigger but no charge for the locker was a bonus. Waiters and waitress very good, quick to please. Also great for us bathroom and toilet were seperate.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Slagier11, General Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Dear Guest, I am very glad to read your positive comment. Thank you very much for booking with us. I will share your feedback with our hotel team, I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We look forward to welcoming you back at the Novotel Milton Keynes. With kind regards, Sylvain Lagier, Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2012 via mobile

Not overly impressed but it is cheap and convenient so don't expect anything great. Highlights : room size, decent tv, nice staff. Lowlights: food not good at all, bit basic. Overall ok, but wouldn't stay here for leisure.

• Stayed July 2012
Slagier11, General Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Dear Guest, I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Novotel Milton Keynes. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. I have noted that you were not impressed with the food quality. We usually get good comments in this area but please be sure that we will review our standards with all the kitchen team as we need to stay consistent in this service delivery. Thank you very much for sharing your experience and I hoep to welcome you back at the Novotel Milton Keynes. Regards, Sylvain Lagier, Hotel Manager
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I stayed here from the 13th of July until the 15th of July.

Good bits:
- Exterior of hotel
- Interior of lobby in hotel
- Free parking
THATS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Staff were very poorly communicated, I stayed in an EXECUTIVE DOUBLE ROOM with my GF and this was disgusting, I was quite shocked as the hotel looks fab from the outside and the lobby looked fantastic, although when we got to the room it had VERY OLD decor, dust, limited channels, 2 FLAT pillows and 2 towels, bearing in mind that we were staying here for 2 x nights. Left the 'clean my room while im out' card on the door when shopping and to return to have the room still unclean.

Hotel has a pool and jacuzzi, though we didnt have time for this we werent even shown or told where to go and that we had this as an option.

The toilet was in a seperate room to the bathroom?!!?!?! AND to make it worse the toilet room its self was very very small to move around in.

We opted for breakfast and this was very standard, you probably would be best going to a macdonalds drive through.

Evening came and we had plans to go out for a few drinks and a bite to eat, bearing in mind we're not from Milton Keynes so we did not know about MK concert THE BOWL which was happening this weekend and therefore there were alot of people around. Asked hotel to call us a taxi and they advised that it would take 2 hours - i understand that this was the case as of the evening activities in MK but what annoyed me was that I was TOLD to re-consider my plans for the evening?

I was really dissapointed by this hotel.

SUMMARY, GO TO JURRY INN!!! better decor, treated better, nicer food, though it doesnt have parking.... i would now be happy to pay for overnight parking at jurry inn in MK.

I hate novotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Novotel Milton Keynes, but I was very disappointed to hear that your overall experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your constructive feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.
I really hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you that Novotel is the right destination in Milton Keynes. Regards, Sylvain Lagier, Hotel Manager
EXETER
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I stay here on business probably 80 days in a year. The rooms are basic but usually comfortable. Usually the beds are fine (some are not) the rooms are usually very clean (although the bath plugs don't always fit and the grouting is sometimes a bit grubby). Bar staff are friendly and the range of drinks is good (brandy bowls need to be bought though as Hennessy xo should never be served in a tumbler!). Food is good although the menu could perhaps be changed more often. Parking is easy and there is a decent swimming pool. What separates this place out is the manager, Sylvain. He is a consummate professional and leads by example. The regular staff take their lead from him. One difficulty is that staff changes sometimes mean that you receive inconsistent service, but by and large if they get some brandy bowls this will remain my hotel of first choice when I am in MK.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank martyn s
, General Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Dear Guest, First of all....thank you very much for your feedback and for your loyalty! I really appreciate your comment and please be sure that your next Hennessy XO will be served in a proper brandy glass. I personally guarantee it! I will review this with my F&B Manager as I cannot accept this from our service standard. Again thank you so much for using the Novotel Milton Keynes and I look forward to welcome you personally on your next visit! Best regards, Sylvain Lagier, Hotel Manager
Daventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here for the night with our two boys (9 & 6) for a day at Gullivers Land the next day. The room was more than accommodating for the double & two single beds. Lovely and clean. The staff were very friendly. There's a swimming pool but i can't review as we never got to use it (our own fault). Breakfast was amazing, loads of choice. There was a little play area in the foyer with an xbox so you can imagine how pleased my boys were. Overall, lovely hotel, looks good on the inside & out, and for £45 for the room, well worth it. Fully recommended. :)

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank donna s
, Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. We, at Novotel Milton Keynes, are really pleased to read how enjoyable your stay was, for you and your children. We hope you will be able to enjoy our Leisure Centre on your next trip!

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you wish to stay again with us, I will be very pleased to assist you.

Kind Regards,

Laure Selle, Reservations Manager
Derbyshire
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Stayed at the Novotel overnight on a Saturday. The rooms were clean and well appointed. the reception staff were helpful and we took advantage of prepaying a special rate for breakfast as there is nowhere within walking distance close to the Hotel. Breakfast was adequate with a reasonable selection and good value at the pre-pay rate. The hotel is located a shorted Taxi ride (about £3) from MK centre, which ensured a decent nights sleep as its away from the noise and night life of MK. A good value hotel and so much nicer than the Travel Lodge

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
, Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comment on Tripadvisor.
It is a real pleasure for us to know you have enjoyed your stay and have been well looked after. You can be ensured that your feedback will be passed on to the Novotel Team, as it is an encouragement for all of us to keep going the extra mile for our guests.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel, and hope your next stay will be as pleasant and relaxing as the previous one.

Kind Regards,

Laure Sele, Reservations Manager
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2012

This hotel is fantastic, gorgeous food, clean and the staff are lovely. Our visit was ruined by a group of youngsters partying all night in the next door, hotel staff asked them to reduce the noise level which they did for all of 5 minutes.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your great comment about the hotel. However I am very disappointed to read that your experience have been ruined by some noisy guests. This is a very difficult subject as we are not able to identify every guests booking with us. I will still review the internal procedures with my Front Office team to avoid this kind of incident. Noisy guests will be invited to leave the premises. I hope that we will get another opportunity to welcome you back at the Novotel wihtout this issue. Kind regards, Sylvain Lagier, Hotel Manager