“Brilliant one night stay”

Novotel Milton Keynes
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant one night stay”
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We stayed New Years Eve with the kids for one night in an Executive Suite booked through Booking.com.

ROOM - Was ready when we arrived at 1pm, excellant! It was fair sized with a double sofa bed for the kids. The toilet was seperate to the bathroom, all toiletries are included and the shower was excellant, no problem with wet floors etc. The room had tea/coffee facilities and also, only in the Exec rooms, ipod docking station (great for charging our iphones) and tassimo coffee machine which i didn't have a clue how to use and there were no instructions. A hairdryer is supplied but was attached to the drawer it was in so didn't really reach the mirror and wasn't warm at all, take your own. There was also an iron AND board! in the room. The safe was very easy to use.
The room was cold when we arrived but we put the heating on and it soon warmed up.

We needed 2 more towels and got these instantly, the Tassimo machine was leaking when we arrived and was also sorted straight away. Brilliant flat screen TV and free Wi-Fi in Exec rooms.

Bar/Rest - I have put pictures of the menu on, as we didn't eat here I can't comment. It was £13.95 for Breakfast which i thought was daylight robbery!! Bar staff all very friendly.

There is a VERY small area with building blocks for kids and an Xbox 360 with two controllers - this is their 'play area'. However it did keep my youngest occupied until midnight.

Pool/Spa- We booked this hotel because of the pool for the kids. It was 1.2 metres deep at both ends, very clean but a bit cloudy. Towels are supplied at the entrance - you help yourself, lockers are small but free, the changing area in tiny so most people wear their robe back to their room. The steam room and Sauna were great, as always these pools are unsupervised but they do have life rings and emergency buttons. My youngest used the pool in the morning before checkout too.

There was a huge wedding at the hotel and we expected a lot of rowdy people returning to rooms late but never heard a thing.The staff were all very pleasant and for the price we paid it was an absolute bargain. Hotel and room very clean, brilliant.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Slagier11, General Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
Dear Guest, I am very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write this very exciting review. I am so pleased you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the very near future and let me take this opportunity to wish you a very happy new year! Kind regards, Sylvain Lagier, Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Coventry
Reviewed 30 December 2012

We stayed here for a quick one night getaway and took advantage of all of the facilities available. The swimming pool was great, nice and warm! The hotel is great for a quick stay, but I dont think I could stay here for more than that because, unlike it says, the rooms wern't soundproof. We could hear people going up and down the corridoor all night. The breakfast was great, though.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you for leaving your comments in this website. I am happy that you liked the hotel but disappointed that you did not manage to get a full night sleep.
Our bedrooms have good soundproof and I am very surprised that you could hear noises from the corridor. I am sorry to hear that.
Please let us know next time you will visit Milton Keyne and we will be delighted to allocate you a bedroom far from the lift and stairs.
All the very best for 2013! Kind regards, Sylvain Lagier, Hotel Manager
Heacham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Went shopping to Milton Keynes decided to book a hotel close to city centre, location was not bad. However I waited over 1 hour and 25 minutes for a meal within the restaurant and the steak was not cooked I think the cow was still alive, also we only had 1 bath towel, dirty bathroom plus ceiling was falling apart, toilet had next doors vent in it which was not nice. Spoke to general manager which I feeling was passing the time of day regarding my complaint, my advice would be to save your money and go to another hotel.

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest, I am really sorry that your experience in our hotel was not up to standard.
You mentionned that you spoke to me but I do not recall any discussion we had regarding the matter. I take all guest comments very seriously and I invite you to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss further. Thank you amd kind regards. Sylvain Lagier, Hotel Manager
Kissonerga, Cyprus
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Stayed at this hotel early December 2012 for 2 nights.
Very clean and tidy and breakfast was very good indeed.
Rooms are spacious and the bathrooms were large, maybe the reason for this is the toilet is not in the bathroom itself. I think most Novotels are the same in this respect.
Free car parking and close proximity to the shopping areas, although too far too walk comfortably.
Lots of security fencing around the perimeter of the hotel, suggests there may have been problems in the past?
all in all a good location and value for money

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guests, Thank you very much for posting your fantastic comment! I am very glad that you had a great stay with your family. To answer your question, the fence has been built to create a level of security around the hotel. We have more than 100 car park spaces on our property to cover. The security of our guests is one of our priority.
Again many thanks for staying with us and I wish you a very great year 2013!
Kind regards, Sylvain Lagier, Hotel Manager
West Sussex
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Went to visit family in Milton Keynes and decided to stay at Novotel hotel for a couple of nights ,as i work in the hotel industry I always check what others are saying before I book anywhere , good reviews so we booked , I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived, the hotel was much better than I had expected for the price , we had a lovely relaxing enjoyable stay and would not hesitate in staying there again when we visit family .All the staff we encountered were polite and friendly . I personally could not fault it .Next time thou we must make sure we have time to use the pool .

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest, I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Novotel Milton Keynes. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. Happy New Year!!! Kind regards, Sylvain Lagier, Hotel Manager
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2012 via mobile

Great location, rooms spacious & comfortable, economic separate from bathroom- fantastic! Excellent service on arrival, communal areas very chic & modern- a big city boutique hotel in a little town- loved it!

• Stayed December 2012
Slagier11, General Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 28 December 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for sharing your comment. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again at the Novotel Milton Keynes. Happy New Year! Regards, Sylvain Lagier, Hotel Manager