“Excellent Hotel, poor restaurant”

Novotel Milton Keynes
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tring
“Excellent Hotel, poor restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

We had three rooms with small children. The hotel was brilliant - good rooms with lots of room (even with two extra children's beds in a room). Only hotel room ever with separate wc and bathroom! Swimming pool, gym and steam room were all good. Staff really child friendly. The children and grandchildren voted it the best place ever.
Would have been 5 star but the bar and dining room were bad. On a Friday night with only two other tables occupied, the 8 of us (including 3 small children) had to wait over an hour for the main course. Even the starters took 40 mins. Strong complaints resulted in cancellation of 2 child meal charges - big deal on a £130 bill!! The bar on Friday and Saturday was staffed by inexperienced staff. Many mistakes made and long waits.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Scox456, Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Guest

I am glad that you found our hotel to be a relaxing and family friendly destination.

I will certainly discuss your comments with the Food & Beverage Manager as I truly believe that your experience does not reflect our usual high standards of service. I hope to welcome you back again and indeed show you that this is the case.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Worthing, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

The hotel is nice and clean and has good facilities for a city stop hotel. Food good and staff helpful. I would recommend the Novotel over the majority of business city hotels in Milton Keynes of this price range.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback. We hope to welcome you back to the Novotel Milton Keynes in the future.

wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Great base for families. Staff were helpful and friendly and check in was smooth and quick. There is a family area in reception which we didn't use, but if we were staying for longer would be great as it has an XBOX and toys.Pool is small, but good and steam room and sauna were clean and sufficiently hot. Breakfast was delicious, plentiful and we had lots of choice. Staff were attentive and we were supplied with Sunday papers - lovely!

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your kind words. I am glad that you enjoyed many aspects of the hotel and I hope that next time you find enough time for the X-Box!

n.west of england
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I was staying with my Mother, and my partner and six month old child. It was a stopover to coincide with our trip to Towcester Racecourse. Check-in was smooth enough. Although I requested a cot, it hadn't been placed in the room but we knew this was no big catastrophe and acknowledged the staff member when he said that it will be in the room on our return from the races,
It wasn't . . .
After a couple of unanswered calls to reception it was brought up by two male staff members who spoke minimal English.
There was no mattress in the bottom and the frame of the cot protruded through and only my partners alertness prevented a catastrophe. My partner in between feeding and changing our child rang down to reception to speak to management to complain but got no answer. All being tired we decided we would wait till the morning to speak,the following morning a female manager came to the room to address the situation and had the audacity to ask why we didn't report the problem sooner!!
When she seen the state of the cot and realised we had to use cushions from the settee for him to sleep on she appeared a little more sympathetic, yet only a "little" too. We was given a 30% discount and a free breakfast which I felt was the very least they could do. We have taken photographs and videos of the cot that was presented, and don't wish to elaborate any further by showing these until I gain a satisfactory response from Novotel personally. I add that the female staff member in the Bar area was a credit to the team,sadly I didn't get her name.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Scox456, General Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Novotel Milton Keynes, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

I am sorry to hear that that we were not able to fix the problem you had with the cot but more that you were not satisfied with the discount offerend. If you wish to discuss further please contact me directly at h3272-gm@accor.com.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Novotel Milton Keynes and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Kind regards,

Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed for one night over the weekend, staff at reception were really friendly and informative. Room was nice and clean. Bed very comfortable. The swimming pool, sauna and steam room was my highlight! Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Scox456, Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that we were able to make your stay a great one and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Suffolk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed here with some friends and we managed to get two double adjoining rooms. A very pleasant stay and the use of pool and sauna was amazing. Would highly recommend it. The snowdome isn't too far away so we went sledging, great fun.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback and I will certainly share it with the team. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I personally also love the Sno-dome- A great fun attraction for all ages.

We hope to welcome you back to the Novotel Milton Keynes in the future.