“Great value”

Novotel Milton Keynes
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights whilst going to racing at silverstone.
Clean and simple, descent food for dinner and breakfast, good swimming pool and leisure centre. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Can't find fault at all here. It's not within walking distance to the town centre but is handy for silverstone at a low cost. There is a small park right next to the hotel which has a lovely animal trail for kids or is a good jogging track.

Stayed: April 2014
Scox456, Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and I am glad that your stay went well. We hope to see you at Novotel Milton Keynes again in the future.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,219)

Reviewed 20 April 2014

The Novatel Brand is below substandard, and if a health department, if such a department exist in England, would shut it down. RUDE STAFF. Period. It took 45 minutes to check in with one person in front of us. You can tell a hotel quality by staff turn-over rate and nobody there seemed to have worked for the hotel for more than a few weeks. "I am new" was the standard answer. Rugs are old and smell. Bathroom and shower head had mold beyond comprehension. The room was tiny.
This hotel isn't for a dog. we spend about 120 nights a year on the road and this is the worst hotel ever. MY ORIGINAL RATE WAS 47 AND 59 STERLING FOR THE TWO NIGHTS. NO BREAKFAST. WHEN I WENT TO CHECK OUT THE RATE MORE THAN DOUBLED. NOBODY COULD ANSWER WHY AND HONESTLY, NOBODY REALLY CARED. I CAN SEE WHY THE CHAIN IS CLEARLY BECOMING A RUN INTO THE GROUND HOTEL. DO NOT GIVE A CREDIT CARD. AND I SIGNED FOR THE ORIGINAL RATE.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.....a tent would be a better option.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Michele

Thank you for your feedback and I will certainly speak to the Reception team about how it took you so long to check in and what the confusion was with the rate you booked at. If you are perhaps able to assist me and let me know the dates you booked and your name as this would allow me to fully investigate the issues you had with the rate you booked at. My email address is h3272-gm@accor.com.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

My family and I have stayed here many times. Reviews are always a personal thing but we have always found it to be a great hotel to stay, staff always polite (albeit overworked on a busy formula 1 weekend). I've never experienced smelly drains etc but maybe I've been lucky, and only once have I been awoken by a drunken domestic going on (which gave us something to laugh at, but that's just us), I can't hold the hotel to blame for some of the guests that stay here.

It's a 3 star hotel that has a pool, sauna, gym, steam room and great little relaxing bar, the breakfast is always good, what else can you ask of a 3 star hotel. For the price I think you get very good facilities, the price does rocket when big events are on, but if your here for a weekend just visiting when nothing is on it's very reasonable and relaxing.

It's my first and only place to stay when visiting this part of the world, and I'm here right now typing this waiting for the family to wake so I can have breakfast. For the money, I don't think you can go wrong.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Many thanks for leaving your feedback and I am glad that your stay went well. We look forward to seeing you at the hotel again.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Room was clean, basic but as expected for the grade. Staff were very helpful and pleasant. Breakfast buffet was one of the better ones I've had. Bar was a nice pace to relax in and also some nice outside tables in the sunshine. All in all a good hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Lee

Thank you for your feedback and I will certainly pass it onto the team here.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Do not book this hotel. It is dirty, smelly, uncomfortable,
It is not like other Novotels.
Our toilet was very smelly, bathroon is dirty, carpet had marks and dirt on,..3 nights hell!Requested uppor rooms but put into ground floor.. No wifi can be connected in the room.
Poor service with alarm calls, over all. Avoided breaffast and pool after seen the room standart of cleaness. Will not stay again..

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bircan h
Scox456, Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and I am disapointed that your stay did not go well. I know that your stay is not representative of the usual level of service we provide, and if you find the time I would like to hear, more so I can address any issues where needed.
My email address is h3272-gm@accor.com.

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

The room we had was comfortable but the smell of the drains was not good. Also the house keeping staff walked into our room and gave us extra pillows, which we didn't request. Children were running up and down the corridors at 7:30am. Will be complaining to hotel management.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Scox456, Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback and of course I am sorry. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss. My email address is h3272-gm@accor.com.

hotel Manager

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We spent 3 nights here, my partner on a course but I stayed at the hotel and it was lovely, the swimming pool was great unless there were baby classes on and the young parents could be a little jelouse and unfriendly, but the staff were always caring, kind and knew that I wa on my own during the day and saw to my needs and constantly asked if I was enjoying my stay. We did not have to pay for the meals thanks goodness as breakfast was £16 which I feel is extortionate and the main meals are £20 + and are made to highest restaurant standards ie: a small portion of everything, chips came in a lovely little basket on your plate that contained 6-8 and a measly lettuce leaf and a slice of tomato and the smallest piece of chicken I have ever seen, alsways hungry. If you can afford this then it is a real treat. Lovely rooms and accomodation and so comfortable the best nights sleep ever as good memory foam mattresses no expense spared.

Room Tip: I don't think you could choose a wrong room they are all fantastic with highest refurbishment an...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Scox456, Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for leaving your feedback and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that the team here were attentive to your needs. I will certainly pass your feedback regarding the food portions to our kitchen team.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back to Novotel Milton Keynes in the future.