Novotel Milton Keynes
Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$71
Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
US$81
Mercure Milton Keynes(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
US$74
Mercure
US$74
US$66
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
US$105
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
US$78
TripAdvisor
PremierInn.com
Travelocity
Chicheley Hall(Chicheley)
TripAdvisor
1,282 results
All reviewsswimming poolseparate toiletx boxnice poolchanging roomspancake machinesteam roomleisure facilitiestown centresofa bedreception areareception staffone night staybooked this hotelbuffet breakfastfamily roomvery pleasant stay
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel has a welcoming lobby area and is child friendly. There is even a little play area with a games console. The Wifi is excellent and free. Sadly this is where my praise ends.

There are serious hygiene problems in this hotel. Being able to smell urine from previous guests is not a feature I would expect in any establishment. The rooms all have a toilet that is separate from the bathroom. The first thing I noticed about the room containing the toilet was the putrid wafts of stale pee. This was reported to reception and someone from housekeeping was sent along to deal with the problem. Not being able to hang around and wait, I scurried down to the ladies in the lobby and was horrified to discover something that looked like a dirty protest all over one of the toilet seats.

I headed straight to the reception desk to report the issue in the ladies toilets and couldn't help but overhear a family who were making a complaint about hygiene issues about the swimming pool area: dirty floors and a smell of urine near the sauna. Yuck! Needless to say I didn't go swimming.

By the time I returned to my room, housekeeping had been to 'solve' the pee issue with a few squirts of air freshener. This barely even put a mask on the problem. The place is need of a deep clean. I've read a few of the reviews on here and am not the first to report about urine smells. The place is, for want of a better word, minging.

All staff members I dealt with were polite, but behind the smiles hides a hotel jumping in germs. We were offered a complimentary stay because of our unpleasant experience, but I'd rather sleep out in the open air.

Room Tip: Take your own air freshener. You'll need it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Scox456, Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, and I am sorry that you feel this way about your stay. I will admit that the rain at the weekend caused issues with our drainage system, and this is an issue which our Maintenance Team needed to deal with. I will certainly take your feedback regarding the pool area and ladies toilet to the Housekeeping Manager, as I know that this does not reflect our usual standard of cleanliness in this hotel.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights while visiting friends in the area. Overall a very enjoyable stay. Complimentary wifi was great! The room was very clean (and well cleaned each day). Shower was nice pressure and good supply of hot water. Towels were huge and very soft - much appreciated. Bed was not soft but I slept very well. I enjoyed the sofa in the room so that I could watch tv from it or read.

Enjoyed the gym and pool was nice as well. There are steam and heat saunas if you're so inclined to use them. They took too long to heat up so I didn't get a chance to try them.

Had breakfast one morning but at 14 GBP I didn't want to spend that much each day so I went to the local grocery store and bought some fruit and croissants. The bar was nice and staff very attentive. Enjoyed a glass of wine my first day there. All the staff I talked to were very nice and attentive. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Scox456, Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Guest

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will certainly share your feedback with the team here. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel Milton Keynes in the future.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The Novotel Hotl, Milton Keynes is a budget hotel trying to be an up market hotel. The staff are very friendly and efficient but the quality of the romms are what lets the hotel down. The beds are very hard and unconfortable. The noise transmitted between rooms became an annoyance on my first night due to the number of parties that were being hosted by the hotel.

Room Tip: Cannot think of a positive thing to say about the rooms
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Scox456, Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback which I will certainly share with the team here.

I am glad that you found positives in our staff and I know that they pride themselves of this attribute. I am sorry that you found our bedrooms not to your liking. A hard mattress is not I will admit, to everyones taste and I am sorry that you found this uncomfortable.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed here overnight with two children. Room had a double bed and two small sofa beds for the children.
Everything was superficially clean and tidy. TV, hair dryer, toiletries, 2 large towels and 2 small towels, clean bedding, comfy bed. Powerful hot shower which was great.
The toilet was a separate room to the bathroom and unfortunately it appeared not to have been cleaned very well. There was part of a clothes label and fluff in the corner when we arrived and a strong smell of urine. (Perhaps the tile grouting would benefit from a good scrub) so I think the room would benefit from a more thorough clean every so often.
We tried out the pool, which was lovely and warm, but there were old tissues floating in it, which were a bit off-putting.
Breakfast was included in the price and ok.
All in all a perfectly adequate room for a family stay in Milton Keynes.nice pool. Kids liked the games console in the entrance area. Free parking. Friendly efficient receptionist.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Scox456, Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your feedback and I am glad that you had a positive stay overall. I will certainly take your feedback to the team here and address the issues you raised.

We hope to see yo again at the hotel and welcome you back for a hassle free stay.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

After 23 hours of traveling from South Africa we booked in on 08 May 2014 and arrived at reception with less than a zero welcome or explanation of parking , facilities etc. later, In the room the bath plug did not drain whilst taking a shower. Reported this to reception and they sent a maintenance man who said bath plug stem was too short and took it away and said he would return later with correct plug .. After 5 nights on 13 May still no bath plug and cannot bath and nobody gives a damn. Paying 65 pounds a night for standard double room and was booked to depart on 14 May for Scotland, however we decided to stay longer and asked to extend my stay as my sister who lives in Bletchley has just finished her chemotherapy and radio therapy for cancer and was told that they had no room available for me and my partner for Wednesday night 14 May 2014 and I would have to check out. However could upgrade me to a double executive room for another 5 nights for 80 pounds a night from the Thursday night 15 May 2024, however would have too check out and find another place to stay for one night and then return and check in on the Thursday again. When I left on Monday 12 May to go visit my sister I was informed by Marta in reception that they had a cancellation or two for the Wednesday night 14 May 2014 and that I could stay in the standard double room I was in from day one and they would upgrade me the following night. .. Without the bath plug and bath facilities (only shower facilities) however would have to pay 129 pounds per night for the one night. I was outraged as this was double the current rate and 49 pounds more a night for the double executive room I had booked for the remainder of our stay from the next night on. Where is the logic in this?? She went into the back office and spoke to a manager who said that is how it is. ABSOLUTE EXPLOITATION OF THE CONSUMER AND WEARY TRAVELLER. I am extremely busy over here with my ill sister and cannot afford the inconvenience and have to stay at the Novotel for that one preposterous night. To think when I planned my trip from the South Africa to the UK , I had other choices of the Hilton Hotel, Double Tree and Ramada in Milton Keynes , yet chose the Novotel.. Big mistake, as they have no service nor ethics and only want to exploit the weary traveller. I am an Executive Director of a National accompany in SA and understand what excellent service and return business is all about, but clearly staff and management at Novotel Milton Keynes don't have a clue. Next year, myself and a huge group of business associates and friends in SA will be traveling to the UK to support the Springbok rugby team in the Rugby World Cup to be hosted in the UK as well as thousands of fellow South Africans. When I return to SA next week, I am going to forewarn them on all social media , travel agents, press, consumer watch, twitter, Facebook etc, not to even consider the Novotel Group due to my experience which has left me with a bitter taste. I am an avid traveller and don't mind paying if the service is great and there is good value for money, however in principle I despise exploitation, especially when I continue to stay at the Novotel for the duration of my stay .. So much for appreciation of loyalty. Hopefully when I get the upgraded executive room we will be able to take a bath.. But then who knows what to expect with a hotel that plays Russian Roulette with travelers. Really unhappy and disappointed. Len Coetzee

Room Tip: Book another hotel in MK.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Len C

Dear Len

Thank you once again for taking the time to give us your feedback and I am glad that we managed to discuss your concerns directly. I am glad that you have decided to stay with us until next week, and I look forward to providing you with the level of service we can deliver, and indeed pride ourselves on for the rest of your stay.