Stayed here for one night, Friday 1 August 2014. Friendly reception. Lift out of order, but not a problem for us. Spacious room (115), basic but clean.King size bed was very comfy. All was well until we arrived in the dining room at 9.30 am for the £13.95 a head breakfast. What a shambles! Breakfast is served buffet style. We went for coffee first. No coffee in any of the jugs. Never mind, it will arrive soon, so let's have some fruit. Only 3 slices of water melon available, all other trays empty. No crosissants or other pastries, just a few fruit buns. Half a french stick. Never mind, let's go for the full english breakfast. Lots of sausages, no bacon, 1 gloomy looking fried egg, a tray containing a few scraps of watery scrambled egg, half a tray of mushrooms, no baked beans, no hash browns.
There was nobody around to ask for more food, although to be fair the coffee was replenished by about 9.45, as was the bacon and the beans. The fruit did not get replenished in all the time we were in the restaurant, neither did the french bread or pastries. This was done by one man, who also seemed to be responsible for clearing plates and seating guests. Management need to look at this, as it was clear from the list of guests we were crossed off from upon entering the restaurant that this was a busy service. The small amount of food on offer was not acceptable and represents very poor value for the £27.90 paid.
We were in a hurry to leave, so did not have time to hang around waiting to find someone to voice any complaint to. However, when we were queing to check out at 10.15 am, a couple of men were having a furious exchange with one of the front desk staff about the lack of food available to them at the breakfast buffet....
Would stay at the hotel again, as it is handy for MK shopping centre, but would recommend you eat breakfast elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Check in and relax at family-friendly Novotel Milton Keynes hotel in a quiet location on the edge of Stanton Wood, a four-minute drive from town. Start your day with a hot buffet breakfast in our cosy restaurant. A session in the sauna and a dip in the heated indoor pool are a great way to re-energise at Novotel. Please be aware that we have a Parking Management System to secure the our parking. You would need to register your car in reception. Have an sparkling stay!!! Novotel Milton Keynes stay ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Novotel Milton Keynes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Milton Keynes Hotel Milton Keynes
- Accor Milton Keynes
- Milton Keynes Novotel
- Novotel Milton Keynes Buckinghamshire