“Great!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Great!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2010

I stayed at the Novotel while I was in Milton Keynes for a business meeting so really didnt expect too much. When I arrived I was pleasantly surprised. The entrance to the hotel really makes you feel like you've arrived!
The reception staff were really friendly and helpful and check in went quite swiftly. They were expecting me, had taken into account my request for a quiet room.
Dinner was good. The staff were friendly, informed me of the specials and once my order was taken left me to read my book in peace - not like other places where they are always asking stupid questions.
The bed was lovely and firm - just right for my back - allowing me to get a wonderful nights sleep.

Overall a great stay and will happily come back again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sthandi10, General Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 23 July 2010
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Novotel Milton Keynes. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Please feel free to post your comments on www.tripadvisor.com to tell others about your stay with us.

Yours sincerely,

Sharon Thandi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
leeds
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

I stay quite frequently in milton keynes and picked the novotel this time due to the fact that it had leisure facilities. I was extremely disappointed with my room as it needed a serious overhall. It was scruffy, the strip lights flickered on and off...very annoying and the bed needed throwing away. The room needed modernising, things like a flat screen tv with good reception would have made a big difference.
My main problem was with the room service which i had on the first night. It had obviously come straight from the freezer to my plate and tasted like it had been there a while. Little touches like not serving the sauce in cheap sachets would have also been better...or bringing cutlery up with the meal?!
My advice is, if your staing in milton keynes...stay at the Hilton!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank live0ut0fsuitcase
Sthandi10, General Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 19 July 2010
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent booking at Novotel Milton Keynes.

I have had now the opportunity to share your comments with my housekeeping and F&B departments and re-training has been carried out immediately to ensure that all your concerns have been adressed.

This is certainly not a true reflection of the high quality upon which we pride ourselves at Novotel and I can assure you that I have implement retraining measures this morning with the management teams at the hotel. I am available if you wish to discuss this matter further.

Once again, may I thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to my attention, as we do value our guest’s feedback in an effort to improve the quality of our services. I trust that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Novotel in the future.

Should you need any further information please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2010

We always stay here when in MK, which is a couple of times a year.
For £50 per night per room we had a large quiet room, a clean functional bathroom, an excellent breakfast, use of the (small) gym and the pool. My only complaint would be that the bed is a king not superking. Apart from a pub, there's not much nearby but the city centre is only a 5 mins drive.
There was a (wedding?) party in the function room but our room was far enough away from it that we could not hear it.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sthandi10, General Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 23 June 2010
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay at the hotel on 1st June whilst visiting Milton Keynes. It is good to hear that you visit the hotel regularly and are overall pleased with the rooms, leisure facilities and the Elements buffet breakfast. I have passed on your comments to our head office with regards to the size of our beds as currently all of our beds are of king size. I will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future and hopefully meet you at the hotel.

Kind regards
Sharon Thandi
Worthing
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2010

We booked in for 2 nights, and as the hotel is in the middle of no-where, were relieved to see the restaurant looked good.
We asked at check-in about the need to reserve tables for dinner and were told there would be no need.
All went well the first evening, with a pleasant, if expensive, dinner in house.
We had a good night's sleep, as we had asked for a quiet room, which overlooked a bluebell wood, which was a bonus.
Breakfast was OK, although the hot buffet items kept running out - I suppose it's better than sitting there going cold.
After a day out we went to eat in the restaurant at 6.30. It looked deserted, but we were told there was no chance of a table until 8, as everyone had arrived at once (where were they all then!). We were offered bar snacks in 45 minutes if we wanted to wait, although there were empty tables at that time.
The staff member was helpful, and ordered us a taxi to town, where we managed to find somewhere to eat - not always easy without booking on a Saturday.
We did feel we were being misled by the hotel. It was obvious the restaurant was not booked (it was still empty when we returned). The more likely explanation is that there were insufficient staff to cover events in the hospitality areas as well as the restaurant and bar, and that these therefore suffered.
I appreciate hotels make much of their money from weddings, coach parties, etc. but do feel that this should not be to the detriment of independent guests, as obviously was the policy at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Sthandi10, General Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, 2 August 2010

I can assure you that your comments have been shared with the Food and Beverage Manager as well as with all the team here at Novotel Milton Keynes and that re-training has immediately been carried out to ensure these isolated incidents do not occur ahain.

Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2010

Stayed here the night before a business meeting in Milton Keynes. Great hotel, well equipped, with good restaurant and bar facilities, lovely rooms and a very pleasant atmosphere in general.

Check in was smooth, courteous and informative. I asked for a smoking room at check in and was given one on the second floor of the hotel. The room was large, clean (immaculately so - refreshing change for a smoking room) and well equipped with a good sized TV, separate toilet from the bathroom (not so important for solo travellers, but a nice touch), large work area and very comfortable queen sized bed.

The hotel also features a very nice health suite, with a lovely pool. The key can be obtained from reception before using. The bar area is comfortable, with plenty of seating. The drinks aren't cheap, but are in keeping with general hotel prices. We took an evening meal in the hotel restaurant. The choice of food is good and is well presented and well cooked - again, at reasonable prices. It provided exactly what was needed in a comfortable and pleasant environment. Service was quiet and efficient and of a very professional / good standard.

The room provided a very comfortable nights sleep at a very reasonable price. The hotel offered very professional, quiet and efficient service and the place was immaculate throughout with a host of good facilities. Basically, I couldn't have asked any more of the place - it lived up to the best of expectations for the type of hotel it is.

My title relates to subjective location. Location will always be subjective in a hotel review and trying to rate it by stars is almost impossible. It is in Milton Keynes, slightly off the beaten track, but is in a quiet, easilly accessible location. Most of the major attractions of the city are a cab ride away, but they're not far so don't expect to pay much.

Car parking is available at the hotel and is free of charge.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2010

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip tp Milton Keynes in February. Having previously stayed in other hotels in the area, I was extremely surprised by the high level of service and facilities this hotel has to offer. The rooms were spacious, the swimming pool was great and the food quality was of a very high standard. The only small point I had was that I found the WIFI charges to be very expensive compared with other hotels.
I am looking forward to returning to this hotel in March and would recommend it to all business travellers visiting Milton Keynes.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2010

Stayed here twice with work. Approx 79 quid or 89 quid with breakfast. Clean & comfortable with good space in rooms. Very nice staff. Pool & gym on site [not checked out yet!]. But it is the restaurant which is the biggest surprise - it is really very good for a chain hotel. Well priced dishes which are excellent and at least 'bistro' standard in presentation and taste. Well done to the chef ! So what if it's a 3 quid cab ride into town, at least it's better than the snooty girls on reception at the Ramada Encore. Miss that; stay here.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business