“Not bad, a decent budget hotel”

Campanile Hotel Milton Keynes - Fenny Stratford
Ranked #31 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Reviewed 11 July 2012

This hotel was booked for a bit of a getaway as there is a club across the road that I’ve been to and wanted to visit again.

A real bonus for this hotel is that parking is on site and it’s free! Check-in was simple and the staff on reception was warm, friendly and informative. This is a budget hotel and the facilities are basic but really quite decent. The bed was firm and comfortable, no complaints as I slept really well. Only one set of pillows between the two of us, so that was a little inconvenient.

During the night, I noticed a little noise from the other rooms around and there was a small dog that yapped occasionally which was quite annoying. I sleep pretty soundly and didn’t notice any noise from the road nearby.

The hotel in general is a little basic and could do with a bit of a revamp, but all that said it was quite decent. Loved the sweets and biscuits that were left in the room which lifts the standard of the brand above its competitors.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie B

Reviewed 11 July 2012

Quite noisy. Rooms very clean. Expensive for what was supplied. Long wait for dinner. Much preferred Premier Inn and much cheaper

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2012

This hotel seems to be frequented by large noisy groups of people. There was loud noise (people talking, laughing and loud music playing) noticeable from a number of rooms. The ground floor was particularly noisy with guests partying in one room. A dog was barking constantly in the room on the other side. We asked to be moved to another room. This room was on the 2nd floor overlooking a large nightclub across the road. I found the doors on the rooms were very thin & not very noise proof which added to our dilemma.

Room Tip: Top floor and towards the back of the building!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Andries J
Reviewed 18 June 2012

This Hotel is very good value for money.
We stayed overnight
The parking is plentyfull and well lit.
The staff were all very helpfull, friendly and polite.
The room was average size, very clean, bathroom the same, and the shower was lovely and powerfull, with very hot water. Comfortable bed.
It also had tea/ coffee facilities in the room which was nice to see.
There was a choice of cooked breakfast ( extra £2.75), or regular breakfast , which was very nice.
All in all a great little hotel, and great value
Would I stay here again....... Yes....

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank popo99
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Check in was done by a girl who obviously had not been on the customer service course! Surly and quite rude. Room passable for one night, noisy on the 1st floor I came out of our room and nearly was knocked down by 2 guys running full pelt down the corridor. The room had a kettle and a spoon.... No coffee or tea or even cups or glasses! The bar staff were the same as the receptionist not helpful or even happy for our custom. Ordered a vodka and coke ended up with a gin and coke! As for a double and he didn't even let the optic refill before emptying it into my glass, didn't even apologise when my man when back to the bar to complain. Was woken at 620am to a member of staff shouting at a customer telling him to get out now! Ok there may of been an issue but it could of been handled in a more proffessional manner, not saying "just kick em out!" would def not recommend this place even if they were giving away free rooms! Only upside was having Pink Punters across the road.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank MissPJF
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I travelled to Campanile Milton Keynes to get away for a few days and was thoroughly impressed by the hotel and I really enjoyed my time here. I arrived on a busy saturday morning, and the young girl behind reception greeted me with a beaming smile and immediately made me feel welcome. I went upto my room, which was very spacious and extremely clean. It contained everything I needed. Very soon after arriving, I went down for breakfast. There was a large variety of things I could have at a very good price. Again, the friendly receptionist helped me out on how to get to such places that I wanted to visit, such as the Bletchley Code Breaking place. I came back from a busy day out and slept well, the bed was comfortable and there were no disturbances. I left the next day thinking about what a wonderful get away Milton Keynes was and how good the hotel was. I would recommended this to anyone! Good rooms and good staff = winning combination!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Overall, I did not think this hotel was too bad. It appears to have several French people working in there and they run it like a French hotel. It is a French chain and the restaurant, bar and breakfast is very similar to the hotels I have been to in France. Dinner Bed and Breakfast is a good deal at £80 a night. The menu is not extensive for evening but there are some inetersting French style choices on it with specials every night.

The room itself was small and was dissapointing in itself. With our hobby, we need a little extra room to put our equipment in etc. The pillows are small and do not fit the bed space.

The bed was comfortable enough and I slept quite well. Others did hear noise late at night with people coming out of the night club over the road and some staying in the hotel who made quite a bit of noise. Possibly better to have a room looing in the other directtion tot he nightclub as some people did not hear the noise. It is on the outskirts of Milton Keynes and is easy to get to with ample free parking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not overlook the road as the nightclub can be noisy after hours.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends