Campanile Hotel Milton Keynes - Fenny Stratford
Ranked #29 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
“mmmmmmmmmmmm”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Saturday night in Fenny Stratford was an experience probably best not repeated. Good greeting at reception but that's almost where the positives end. Went through to the bar for a drink but there was no -one there to serve us. That's because they were checking people in. Wouldn't have been too much trouble to let us know that they would be with us in a minute.

Another plus the room was clean, a reasonable size and the chambermaid was a brilliant member of staff joking about my room not having had a bath mat put in it when it was cleaned. She should be front of house!

Location a bit bizarre. Look opposite the hotel and you will see what I mean.There was nowhere to sit outside and have a drink whilst there was space and an area to go

We were woken at 3:55 by a fire alarm being set off by drunken revellers. No one checked we had evacuated the building??

Breakfast was the proverbial burnt offering. Charcoal flavoured croissants are new ones on me.

In short I won't be back

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I recently wrote a review for another Campanile (Wakefield) which was superb. Sadly, this place lets the side down dreadfully.

The rooms are OK and generally clean. The bar staff play hunt the server all the time and restaurant staff were so good at the game we didnt find them 'til breakfast!!

The hotel is opposite some kind of planning monstrosity which professes to be for Gay, Lesbian, Transgender, etc. or the Pink Punters as they are known. I have no objection to such places but I do object when a never ending prosession of revellers are returning to the hotel shouting, singing and crashing through corridir doors - dare one say - with gay abandon. The 4.00am fire alarm did little to improve a poor nights sleep especially when it was due to drunken behaviour. There seemed to be no night porter around and the alarm was silenced without any apparent investigation by staff.

Some what bleary eyed I looked for an apology at reception the following morning, there was none. Staff were still paying hide and seek and when I did find the server she pointed to a table and I was left to my own devices.

There were Croissants and Danish Pastries which were so badly burned they were inedible. Maybe they caused the fire alarm!!??

There were no baguettes. Sugar is hidden to ensure you cant find it and of course the staff are still playing hide and seek. There was no red fruit compote, there was one small slice of ham and for the duration of our visit to the restaurant - nothing was replaced or refilled/ The service was atrocious at best.

This place is a classic example of dreadful management and no understanding of the term Customer Service. The manager of this place should be sent to Wakefield for a month to learn the art from an expert.

Room Tip: Ask them for a room away from the partygoers and well away from corridor doors. Take your own whist...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Timthetrainer

Travellers are raving about these Milton Keynes hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2013

booked a 2 night stay (Saturday/Sunday). Arrived at reception to find it deserted, waited nearly 10 minutes for a member of staff to arrive and when they did there was no "sorry for the wait"! Rooms are basic and ok however the walls are paper thin. However my main complaint was the noise on the Saturday night! The hotel is opposite a popular nightclub however with the level of noise I thought I was in the club! My partner and I hardly got any sleep which wasn't great as I was running a half marathon on the Sunday. Add to this a member of staff shouting at a gentleman around 7 am to get back to his room! Overall I found the hotel average and the staff unprofessional, I will not be staying again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Darren B
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

After some of the recent scathing reviews on here I was expecting a nightmare, but considering I booked fairly last minute for the Grand Prix weekend and it was at least 1/3 the price of any other place - I figured I could cope.
I needn't have worried, everything was fine. Comfortable bed, abd fully functional shower and TV. What else do you need when you're just looking for a roon for a nught or 2?
Yes, the walls are thin if others are noisy and the road outside is busy, but if you're prepared for that, earplugs are cheap!
Didn't try the restaurant as there are supermarkets minutes away, and MK has plenty places to eat.
Not luxurious, but wasn't expecting it to be.

• Stayed June 2013
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Having read some of the recent reviews we were a little worried about what we would expect.
As it turned out we didn't have to worry. We spent 3 nights over the British Grand Prix weekend and found the accommodation to be more than adequate. Room was comfortable and clean. The restaurant was not that attractive but the staff especially Robert were very attentive and polite.The food was very good. Not five star but it fulfilled our needs very well.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2013

The rooms are average and they have a nice clean bar and restaurant area. The only complaint I have is that they shut the bar and kicked us out at 10pm. We were buying rounds costing £26 a time so they missed out on some profit there, Having worked in a hotel myself I find it incredible that they shut the bar so early when there were people in spending, we were all guests. We were there for a family wedding the next day so you can imagine how much we would have spent had they remained open.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 2384Travelerpete9519
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

My company know I will throw a fit if they try and book me in here again

You get what you pay for and if on business some companies dont want to spend much,

Terrible rooms, and several 9 day stays over the past 5 years and on one occasion I had to change rooms because the quilt was dirty.

Awful service with rude staff and terrible food.

If you have to stay here don't eat in house there are some fabulous restaurants 1/2 mile walk away.

Light night bar/club opposite and guarantee you will be woken by screeching and drunken laughing.

Don't...... Just don't especially on business. Much better budget hotels available in Milton Keynes

Stayed June 2012