“I Feel This Hotel Has Been Given A Raw Deal” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Campanile Hotel Milton Keynes - Fenny Stratford

Campanile Hotel Milton Keynes - Fenny Stratford
Ranked #29 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
London, United Kingdom
“I Feel This Hotel Has Been Given A Raw Deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed on a Saturday night as we were attending a function nearby and we were a bit apprehensive as we had booked before we read the reviews and didn't really know what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised, the room was very clean with TV, towels and hairdryer, the bed was comfortable and the linen clean. The staff were very efficient and and attentive and we had a friend moved closer to our room with the minimum of fuss. The cooked breakfast was superb, I have had worse breakfasts in 4 Star hotels. Overall we were very pleased with the standard of this hotel and would not hesitate to stay there again if the need arose.

Room Tip: Ground floor Bletchley wing is very handy for the car park.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Barnsley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I like to push the boat out when I am going away for the weekend . However I sometimes work away from home in the week and when I do I try and find low cost places to stay. I was working in Milton Keynes and was very happy with the accommodation here. The nightclub over the road wasn't open the night I stayed so I cannot comment about the noise levels. Some rooms face the nightclub across the road so it may be worth requesting a room facing behind the hotel. Unlike some other reviews here I had a good nights sleep. The hotel manager booked me in and checked me out. I found him to be very friendly and efficient. Although I didn't eat here I thought the bar was comfortable with free wifi. My room and ensuite we're clean.
I am scoring this based on my needs for low cost work & business hotel

Room Tip: Avoid a room facing the nightclub across the road.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have stayed here several times, but only through the convenience of it being opposite the nightclub I was going to with friends.
The staff are very hot and cold - some are really welcoming and helpful, others are atrocious, The bar is pleasant enough (even if it never seems to have any change in the till) as is the restaurant, the rooms are adequate and usually clean.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank PaulaDee1963
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in august 2013. ood paring and easy to find.
the room.
comfortable and quite with a good bathroom. could have dome with a bit more wardrobe space though.
it appeared to be mostly work/business travelers that were here but no problems. most were in before about 10 pm and gone by 8:00 am. no larger louts or piss heads about.
the breakfast was good and a full English cooked for you on request. evening menu is limited but good.
the staff were polite and professional.
I had a good stay and would use again.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back away from the road. it's not a problem but at the back there are just...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Tauranga
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here in August. We also had friends and their parents stay there as we had travelled from New Zealand to see family & friends. The room was damp and the bathroom smelt terrible. The staff didn't care less and had no manners. The Hotel is right opposite a night club which goes on until 6a.m. it is called PInk Punters. I suggest anyone intending to stay there check put Pink Punters on the Internet first. The drinks were over priced and the bar shut down early. Very basic rooms with no doors on the wardrobe. The worse place we stayed in.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Milton Keynes hotels

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

This is a basic budget hotel off the A5. I did not use the bar or food facilities. I was given room 25 on the ground floor which is rare as a single female traveller and the inside lock of the room door did not work, so I did not feel secure. The light by the door flickered constantly so could not be used and I had to wipe down the desk area as it was still sticky from the previous occupant. It is very noisy all night due to facing the main road and you will need an eye mask as the lights outside mean the room is never dark. The carpet is also stained and the general decor is a little tired.

On the good side, I had a friendly welcome at reception, the bed and linen was clean, as was the small bathroom.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away form the main roads and check your inside door lock works.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Hazel R
Henfield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed at the Campanile (M.K.) last Saturday night hoping for a good night's rest as we had an early start on Sunday. What the website does not mention is that it is accross the road from an enormous 'Gay Lesbian Bi-Sexual and Transgender' night club, which plays VERY loud music into the small hours.. we were unable to shut the window as it was a very hot night and there is no aircon and even when we did try to shut the window the music was still very loud.I am not sure what time the music eventually stopped, but I think a lot of the guests were clientele from the night club as there was a lot of talking shouting and door banging after the nightclub had closed and the hotel is very poorly insulated to stop noise from the corridor..
I feel anyone booking this hotel should be told about the nightclub, unless they fit into one of the categories that enjoy the services that the club has to offer.. Steve Sussex

Room Tip: All rooms suffer from severe nightclub noise.. no aircon
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple