“Sunday lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Visited for Sunday lunch today, very nice meal, good service limited menu to Sunday lunch only but very good no complaints all home cooked. Couldn't possibly eat a dessert but saw others enjoying theirs.

Date of visit: September 2017
Helen I, Owner at Old Red Lion, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Reviewed 29 August 2017

This is a place that I have been to very infrequently and promise that I must go back. It has a reputation for excellent food - we went on the August Bank Holiday Monday for a quick lunch and sat in the garden that has amazing views over a flat valley. A live band was setting up while we were there - a common feature apparently.

I had a very good Greek Salad - I didn't try the beer as I was driving but they had a good range and some very interesting pink gins.

We do plan to go more often - its reputation amongst my friends is very good.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Sunny bank holiday weekend night in the garden enjoying a great band called Just Nuisance. Really good atmosphere everyone singing and dancing. Great BBQ going all night. Bar staff were great. We will be back next time.

Thankyou great weekend

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Visited for a Sunday lunch with another couple, so four of us. We had booked a table but as there were a few free it may not have been necessary. The menu basically consisted of a selection of Sunday Roasts which is limited. However the quality of the food was very good and the ambiance of the place was warm and inviting. All staff were very pleasant, efficient and friendly. Will visit again when in the area, but maybe we'll make it a week day to sample their normal menu. - Recommended

Date of visit: August 2017

Thankyou for your comments, we have just changed all are menus and Sunday lunch menus with more choice

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Popped in for lunch as had heard good reports of this place.So glad we did.On entering we were welcomed by two charming staff members and the surroundings and decorative order are a credit to the management, so comfortable and clean. We ordered our starters my wife had Broccoli and Stilton soup whilst I opted for King prawns in garlic both were excellently presented and were very tasty. For mains my wife chose Lasagne whilst I chose Home made Chicken,Ham and leak pie. Wow piping hot the pie was served with vegetables and creamy buttery mash. The portions were large, so much so that whilst I managed to eat 90% of mine my wife although she thoroughly enjoyed the meal but had to leave more due to the large portion.This pub is really fantastic.The views from the garden area are terrific. If you are passing this is a must visit place.Two points though make sure you have a healthy appetite and secondly the pub has no car park, so it in on street parking.But this is a minor problem in what I can assure you will be a great visit.