“Milton Keynes”

58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Milton Keynes”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I hated this place. At first I thought I would like it because it was a modern city similar to the USA, but once we arrived I hated its cement & blacktop. It had no personality unlike the local villages which I have quite gotten used too. We stopped at the Shopping Mall which was large but to crowded for my liking. I did buy the biggest bunch of flat parsley in the history of the UK for a quid. I have no intention of going back and you might consider the same.

Visited July 2014

Oxford, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Ok for nipping to primark”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I have recently visited MK1 to take my daughters to primark. I knew it was next to the dons stadium so thought it would be well signposted. How wrong could I be! I shop in the centre regularly but couldn't find MK1 for quite some time and had to ask for directions in a garage.

When we arrived parking was easy and the area was clean and tidy.

There are only a few shops primark, H&M, M&S, BHS, next, new look and river island. Needless to say my son was very bored.

The girls loved it though. I just wish their was somewhere to eat other than the BHS cafe which was not very inviting. A coffee shop would be great here.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Emma E
Milton keynes
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Dreadful”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

As i entered the cafe at bhs i was felt to be in the wrong place by what i could describe as the manager in their. i ordered a coffee and panini witch wasn't to bad but my main issue with the cafe was the managers lack of personal hygiene. the guy described wearing a grey suit absolutely stunk of body odor witch put me off eating all together. i would not recommend this store to anyone. steve

Visited February 2014
3 Thank StEvAt
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Primark comes to town.”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Good location retail shops including M&S, BHS, H&M, Top Shop, River Island & New Look - only down-side is the car park layout causes queues of traffic.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank lpcruiser
London, United Kingdom
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“BHS/Outfit Cafe - Very Grotty Indeed”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I visited the BHS/Outfit cafe and considering this has only been open for a very short time it's very grotty.

Firstly, the food on offer was extremely limited - you'd have thought that people had been panic buying pastries and cupcakes since the shelves were so bare.

The tables were not cleared, so when we sat down we had to move the previous people's plates and dishes to a central table which was piling up with left overs, used cups & plates. The chairs were covered in food too, so we also had to wipe these down. (When we left thirty minutes later, the plates still had not been cleared away and the staff were nowhere to be seen).

One of our drinks was served in a chipped cup with a black hair sticking out of it - I hope the hair was from someone's head and not elsewhere.

After eating we used the toilet - you need a code from your receipt to enter the toilet - so you can only really use the toilet once you've finished shopping and bought your goods. There are only two single cubicle toilets, one of which was broken. We went inside the working toilet to find the lock on the door didn't work - it didn't seem to be a case that someone had broken it, more a case of it was never fitted correctly - so we had to take it in turns to keep guard so the next user didn't walk in on us.
Also, the toilet was filthy too, so we had to clean that up before we could use it.

All in all, it was a pretty bad experience. The odd thing was that the store and cafe were not busy, so it wasn't even a case of the staff being too busy serving to deal with cleaning.

Visited March 2013