“Great Hotel in a Lovely Setting”

Premier Inn Milton Keynes South West (Furzton Lake) Hotel
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel in a Lovely Setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

We have stopped in a number of Premier Inns and have always been very happy them. The location of Furzton Lake is lovely, overlooking the large lake which you can walk around in just over an hour. Hotel was very clean and the staff are very efficient and friendly. The pub attached is very popular, the food is great and again staff are very efficient and friendly. Furzton Lake Premier Inn is a great place to stay and we would not hesitate to book with them again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
MKCSWManagement, Manager at Premier Inn Milton Keynes South West (Furzton Lake) Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your stay with us, it would appear we certainly made an impression!!

I'm clearly biased but it is easy to see why we get so much return business, myself and my team work really hard to deliver the bits we can influence- Service, Attitude and Cleanliness. It's great to see these things have been appreciated.

As for the things we can't influence we are very lucky! We have a great position and enjoy a great relationship with the attached pub/restaurant. I will be sure to make them aware of your review.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future...

If myself or my team can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to get in touch.

01908 523200

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

We chose Premier Inn because they could accommodate 7 of us easily and cost effectively. The drive to Xcape ( ski centre) was literally 5 minutes and also 5 minutes from the centre of town. We were greeted by happy cheerful and helpful staff. It was easy and relaxed and there were no surprises.

The location was good with a lake a lots of space to park, walk or sit in the sun, yes sun it was out!

Breakfast was good, efficient and plentiful. A good cost effective location meeting every need for a family rendezvous!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Tarquin H
Dear Guest,

Thanks for leaving such a great review of your stay with us, it really makes all our hard work worthwhile.

To hear that you had such a great stay is testament to the fact that we all at Furzton genuinely love our offering and will always try to make a great impression.

Our location and free parking score us nearly as many points as my 'star' team do...

It really is much appreciated and i will be sure to pass on your feedback to the management team of the pub next-door too!!
Thanks again and please do not hesitate to get in touch if myself or my team can be of any assistance in the future.

Milton Keynes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

Friendly knowledgeable receptionists. Jackie is a star.
Location by the lake was excellent.
Tv was a dissapointment about time premier inn updated rooms.
Rooms are clean with fresh laundry daily.
Overall excellent value for budget hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

How lovely it is to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Furzton Lake.

Let's get the negative out the way 1st- the TV!! We are enjoying a huge expansion plan as a company and such works are done on a rotation basis, however there is a clear strategy in place to update these, we are expecting to find out real soon as to when they will be replaced in our hotel.

As for your other points please rest assured I will make 'Jackie' aware of your kind comments, it's always great to see someone singled out as it usually means they have made a great impression.

I am really proud of my team and we are all very proud of our wonderful location..

Thanks for showing us it's worth all the hard work, we love it when guests leave so happy.

Please fell free to get in touch if myself ,or my team can e of any assistance on the future,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

great location. a bit cold being near the lake but everything else was great. great location if you are after a bit of peace and relaxation away from the hustle and bustle of the center. restaurant next door for your convenience.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your stay with us, it really makes all the hard work worthwhile to read that you enjoyed your stay.

All of the points that we directly control seem to have made a clear impression with you all, your comments about cleanliness, staff and comfortable stay just makes all we are trying to achieve feel noticed..

I will be sure to make my team aware of your review, hearing that you would definitely stay again is all we can hope to hear.

Thanks once again for your feedback and please feel free to get in touch should myself or my team be of any assistance in the future.

Broadstairs, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

The staff at this hotel are the most helpful that I have come across in a long time, nothing was to much trouble. The only bug bear was that the breakfast was a bit pricey(£8.25) if you are a small eater like me, but my husband and son had a great time filling up their plates over and over again!! Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a cheap, clean and comfortable stay.

1 Thank Donna J
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

After camping in Derbyshire Easter 2012 and getting snowed in in a tourer, I decided this Easter to book into a hotel. The premier inn at Furzton Lake had family rooms at a reasonable price. I booked for 9 nights. We had a really nice welcome from Lynn upon arrival and the room was really big and more importantly clean. The family room had a double bed and two singles which was great. The en-suite was spot on and there was always plenty of hot water. I booked the breakfasts and the offer was for the kids to eat free with a paying adult so that was good. The food was nice. I only found 2 faults. 1. The fried eggs had solid yolks, but not really a problem as they will cook poached and boiled ones to order. 2. The hair dryer has this daft button you have to keep held down when using it. I have very long hair so I did find this a pain. Overall it was spot on and I wouldn't hesitate to go back. Also if you are thinking of using it as a base, it took me about 8 minutes to get to Gullivers. The centre MK not as long as that.

Dear Guest,

WOW what a review.... Reviews like this are what makes us realise i guess why we enjoy so much repeat business. It really does seem like we made an impression and that makes all our hard work worthwhile.

I am more than sure that other travellers will find your review most helpful. I will be sure to make my team aware of your review and in particular Lynne.

To get a named mention usually means that someone has made a great impression and for that we are all really pleased.

As for the hairdryer please contact myself or my team directly and we will arrange for you to have a 'conventional' plug in hairdryer in your room on arrival should you decide to come back and visit us again..

In the meantime if we can be of any assistance please feel free to contact us on 01908 523200.

Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

After previous stays at this hotel during Easter and Halloween, we were looking forward to seeing what was being done for this Easter. Unfortunately, apart from a Tombola, the usual effort of decorating the reception and having an in room "hunt the chick for a prize" was not present this time. :( Much to the disappointment of our little one who always associates this hotel with this game.

Also, despite calling previous to our stay to get a lake view room, the note on the computer was missed and we had to go to the restaurant to have a meal before our lake view room was ready.

Our room was spacious and of the usual Premier Inn quality except for the bathroom door looked a mess on the inside and could have done with a bit of attention/repair.

Staff were helpful enough. The hotel just did not have the same wonderful greeting/atmosphere as we had previously received on arrival. I think we had been spoilt on previous stays!!

Dear Guest,

Please let me firstly apologise for falling below your expectations on this occasion....

It would appear that a simple message being missed has caused us to lose that wow factor. Over Easter there was a charity tombola in operation as this we felt meant at least our adult guests would get something out of the 'instant win' style of a tombola...

In rooms that we knew children would be in there was also another little surprise in operation which i can only guess got overlooked due to the same 'missed message'

For that we are truly sorry.....

It would appear that we still scored in many areas and for that we are thankful.

I really hope you will feel like visiting again and if myself or my team can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to get in touch.