“For £25on a Saturday night it can't be beaten....”

Premier Inn Milton Keynes South West (Furzton Lake) Hotel
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I can't believe you can stay in a decent hotel on Saturday night for £25, but Premier Inn proved me wrong. As a budget hotel I'd put it at the top end and would have been prepared to spend nearly £100 and still thought it value for money. Great stay, thanks. I even woke up to a lakeside view...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Milton Keynes South West (Furzton Lake) Hotel

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights on business in January and whilst you generally know what to expect with Premier Inns I did feel this one is in need of a little TLC. Room was clean, staff very friendly and helpful (also helping me with my bags to my room) but the room was cold despite the heater and the towels looked a little tired. I was facing the pub which was slightly quieter than a road facing room. The lake is lovely and good for a quick run but probably best seen in the summer. The restaurant was not the greatest for food or drink so would suggest eating elsewhere if you can but does the job if you want to stay local.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed here for an early Christmas shopping weekend. Arrived in very wet weather. Staff were helpful and accommodating. Room was a good size and the restaurant next door provided a welcome meal in such inclement circumstances.

Would have no problem recommending this in the future. The value for money was excellent considering it was a weekend stay.

Room Tip: take advantage of £29 rooms - exceptional value
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We received a warm welcome on arrival and enjoyed a great value breakfast. It has a lovely location overlooking the lakeside. Would be a really nice place to visit to walk around the lake during the warmer summer months.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed here for one night when we went to a Wedding on New Years Eve 2013. We could not get in at the Hotel where the Wedding was being held until the next night. After a 5 hour drive from Bolton due to Traffic we were greeted with great smiles. All the staff we encountered, even the maintenance man were great. Room was comfy and clean, in fact it was better than the more expensive Hotel we stayed in the following 2 days. 30 mins free WiFi. Would stay again. Can't comment on the food as we missed Breakfast.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Nice hotel with a good view over Furzton Lake. The hotel was of a good standard, as Premier Inn's usually are, with large amounts of parking spaces, comfy beds and a good selection for breakfast, if you chose to have it.
On arriving at the hotel, the staff were very welcoming, even at 8pm on Christmas Day. We had two rooms fairly close to each other, one for my Brother and I and one for my parents. Only one towel was given in one of the rooms, but a quick trip to reception quickly sorted that out.
I never noticed that the window in the room was open before we arrived and we had the heater on full blast because it was so cold, so the room almost had its own weather system, the stay was for only one night though, so it wasn't much of a worry.
On leaving the hotel, there was nobody in reception. Understandably, it was Boxing Day morning, so I didn't expect tons of staff to be around, but even pressing the buzzer a sign told us to press and waiting for a good 10 minutes, nobody turned up.
We just left the keys on the side and left.
Overall, good stay, nice views, but a few little changes would have made our stay excellent.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This is a typical, no frills Premier Travel Inn which we got at a bargain rate for our stay over Christmas, visiting family. It was clean, tidy and warm. We were in a room on the third floor. it is near a very beautiful lake well used by dog walkers.

No lift, so could be tricky with a lot of luggage. No telephone in the room and I couldn't get a signal on my mobile. This could have been tricky in an emergency.

The reception staff were efficient and helpful. We had no need for breakfast so can't comment on that. There was a large restaurant next door which served a carvery as well as the usual. It was very busy when we had a quick lunch on our arrival on Christmas Eve. Again the staff were efficient and friendly.

It is what it is, I would not have been happy to have paid the full rate but at the bargain rate of £29 a night it was fine.

Room Tip: Room facing the lake are quieter. No lift.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple