Premier Inn Milton Keynes South West (Furzton Lake) Hotel
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Newton Heath, Manchester, England
“Good base”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed for Ford fair. Excellent location, great car park, nice food. Plenty of space for our car club, and all in all would recommend every time.
could Maybe do breakfast a little earlier, but thts just me.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Korean first
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

As you approach the hotel, you cannot fail to be impressed by its location next to the parkland and lake. However, as soon as you see the building itself, all hope fails. It has a distinctive late 80s, early nineties look to it that says "it is going to be S**t inside". It is. The levels of cleanliness are as you come to expect from Premier Inn - there is no complaint there. But the interior is badly designed, dingy, poorly lit and swelteringly hot.
Check-in girl struggled to process the reservation, failed to inform me of the good night guarantee and committed what is for me a major gaff that verges on utter incompetency - on my return to the hotel after my first full day at work nearby, I asked for my room key by the number. She politely retrieved the key from its locker and gave it to me without checking I was the person booked into that room. I could have been anyone gaining access to the stuff in my room. I know that Premier Inn train their staff to check the name against the room number as the checks are performed at nearly every other Premier Inn that still uses keys.
The room was as dingy and hot as the rest of the building but at least someone had put a table top fan on in the room before I got there so there was some relief. For that I am grateful.
The bathroom was unusually small, the extractor fan did not work and the annoying soap dispensers they fit everywhere now was positioned badly - some distance from the basin and the inevitable drips from it had stained the faux marble surface. The toilet flusher was broken and it took a 'knack' to use it.
Again, I would stress the house keeping was well done and up to the standard I expect (the reason I use Premier Inn).
There seems to be plenty of complaints about the breakfast chaos. I had two breakfast there and encountered no problems. The young girls front of house were very polite and efficient on both mornings, despite the tables of thuggish looking manual workers, being unhelpful to the ordering process, mucking the girls about a bit. Also the east European labourers were 'complicated' to deal with. The staff seemed to cope well.
The food was cooked to the normal standard and arrived quite quickly as well, As normal, the toast from the idiotic toasting machines was rubbish and causing a bottle neck. But this is normal at Premier Inn restaurants.
In summary, I would avoid going there again if I have a choice of staying anywhere else in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Jarrow
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Whilst most of the Premier Inns are much of a muchness, this ones location makes it special. Alongside the lake at Furzton in the middle of built up Milton Keynes, this is a great place to relax. The real gems are the reception team! They really couldn't have been more helpful on our stay after a local wedding. The room was clean and tidy, although perhaps the decoration is getting a little tired, but then so were we and had a good nights sleep. Good breakfast at the Fayre & Square pub next door. If you need help while you're there, just ask Lynne or Daniel at the reception and they'll do there best to sort you out, great front of house team.

Room Tip: There's no lift so if you need to take a lot of luggage to your room, try for a ground floor loc...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed one night here as we were attending a family party. The hotel is in a great location on the lake and has the added benefit of a bar/restaurant attached to it with plenty of indoor and outdoor seating around a water feature. The hotel itself was nice and clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly. The food at the restaurant was o.k. and they were quick to serve and clear away. Would stay here again and recommend to others.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed Thurs 24th July '14.
This hotel is in great location and easy to get to, We were greated by two lovely receptionists and the check in Was v.quick and painless,lovely big clean room and the staff had a fan going for us on our arrival do that the room Was cool.
We had a lovely walk around the big lake and Then into the ajoining pub, again staff very good, friendly and efficient - food good and reasonably priced ( 16oz gammon + Lasagne ) could of been warmer I suppose, but overall a really gud evening at this P.I.
However, the breakfast experience Was the worst I have had at a PI, first of all the breakfast is Not a buffet and you are shown to a table by a rather stressed waitress, there are items missing From your order and the continental breakfast area Was missing items too,croissants, coffee + bread all ran out.
We entertained ourselves watching the two waitresses rush around like mad things trying to keep up with orders and restocking while waving there arms and complaining to each other that they were too many people - I saw them turn at least 4 people away because of attending 2 mins b4 and 5mins after last brecky orders....harsh !
The actual food Was Poor too, I always really look forward to my 'buffet' brecky but this Was Poor, very fatty greasy Bacon and the sausages were inedible ( Yak )
Please make it a buffet breakfast - sort the bangers out and have another member of staff on for Breaky and it could be the best PI ever !

• Stayed July 2014
Scotland
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Recently stayed at Premier Inn Milton Keynes Furzton Lake for 2 nights, booked 4 rooms to accommodate my family from Carlisle and France for my son's wedding. I have no complaints with the hotel but the service was appalling from having to repeat myself on saying what type or rooms we required and not getting it right anyways to breakfast each morning being a shamble, Horrible coffee, having to run around looking for clean cups, plates, juice, coffee, water..., you name it was missing at some point! May be this was a one off, the hotel was busy, but then management should have provided more staff. I have stayed in many Premier Inns and have always found them reliable with the conditions of the rooms and helpful staff. I felt I should highlight these issues. Otherwise we had a great meal one evening in the restaurant and the hotel is in beautiful, peaceful settings and decor.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Milton Keynes South West (Furzton Lake) Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of customer service and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs. We hope to welcome you back in the future.
Norwich Uk
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed over at this Hotel after a late decision to attend a show and nearby silverstone, we were going to drive down on the saturday but as its always a long triop when driving a Marina decided to book in our favorite Budget hotel chain and booked here.. again Rooms spotless Friendly staff Good reasonably priced food at the restaurant next door.. everything we expect from the premier inn chain.. oh and free wi fi as they were testing a new system.. top marks to PI Again Thanks