“Rather Tired Looking Hotel”

Premier Inn Milton Keynes South West (Furzton Lake) Hotel
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Ayr, United Kingdom
“Rather Tired Looking Hotel”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Arrived to check in to find the area outside reception crowded with people drinking and smoking. Hotel reception was brighter than corridors. We have no complaints re staff,the were very keen to help. Room was dull and towels were greyish.we found the whole hotel in need of a refurb and brightening up. Situation is pretty near the lake. Restaurant was busy and for what we paid it was acceptable. Again a refurb woulda help. Didn't bother with breakfast as we felt it was overpriced. If this is typical of Premier Inn we would not stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank margaret1850

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Korean first
Gravesend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2014

A very nice and welcoming stay. You can have a lovely walk around the lake and feed the ducks. The breakfast was scrummy with a very big choice, hot and cold. Very nice menu for an evening meal with a wide choice of drinks. You have the option of sitting in or outside, which is lovely on a sunny day.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very clean and very spacious also very comfortable and a very relaxing atmosphere with amazing views from our hotel room.

We also had a lovely meal from the restaurant attached to the hotel.

We would defiantly recommend and we will defiantly be returning

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Clare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Stayed at this hotel last night, having spent the day with other members of family who were staying at The new Centre Parcs @ Woburn. Having stayed in many Premier Inns of late and read various reviews, I knew there was no air con available so when I booked, I asked for a room with windows that open out, not just a half inch and was happy to take an upper floor to get that. Also to be facing the lake, to avoid road traffic noise mentioned in earlier reviews.
I arrived late in the evening and the car parks seemed very full but I found a space in the end. Booked in by helpful reception staff who could read my requests and allocated me room 313 on third floor- yes it had windows that open well.
What I later became aware of was, I was on the main road side, not the lake side of the building and could understand the road noise comments. However, I shut one of them and I slept well but noise was still noticeable in the morning.
Bedroom and bathroom standard PI standard, no complaints, even one positive was the good ventilation in the bathroom, no steamy mirrors even after a shower.
I took breakfast, (continental or full English style) and whilst you can choose cereals, fruit, juice and toast yourself, cooked food is ordered from your table, not the self service buffet style so you can choose what you like the look of- I personally prefer that but my ordered breakfast was fine. My order was taken by a helpful waiter and delivered to me by a waitress- the waiter later apologised for not bringing it himself ! Nice touch.
In daylight, I can see it is an older style building, a nice location to stay but bear in mind the road noise comments if you are on the wrong side of the building. On my floor, the odd numbered rooms were road noise side, so see if you can get book an even number one ?

Room Tip: Get a room facing inwards towards the lake to avoid road noise.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Essexmanager
Widnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Let me start this by stating that the Hotel and pub are not owned by the same group.

The Premier inn itself was very clean, and all of the staff were cheerful and polite, but it is in need of refurbishment to bring it up to the standards that most people come to expect from this brand, but I have no real complaints about this.

The attached pub however, is quite shocking! I appreciate that they were busy as it was a MotoGP weekend, but the pup is dirty and the staff seem to have a relaxed attitude that comes across as if they really don't care.

Whilst our evening meal was OK, with slow service and my wife's starter being sent back as it was cold, the breakfast was truly terrible.

We were shown to our table with some mumbling from the waiter that mentioned sausages and eggs, but we had no idea what it was he actually said.

The table we were shown to was visibly already occupied, but before we could say anything, the waiter had disappeared, so we found somewhere else.

Food was lack luster and there were packets of Juice, croissants and cereal piled up on the stairs that just didn't look good at all.

Please Whitbread, take on the lease of the pub and bring in one of your brands with your training.

I may visit the Premier In again, but I will avoid the pub and dine elsewhere!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Twistedmoss
West Kirby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2014

This is the second time we have used this hotel as a base to travel in and out of London by rail and was excellent value. The hotel has ample free parking and is as you would expect of a Premier Inn. A couple of things to be aware of, 1) there is no air con and 2) there are three floors and no lift so this may be of concern if you have mobility problems. The premier inn breakfast is good value if you are travelling as a family (children are free) and the standard of breakfast was very good bar the coffee (most PI hotels have a decent machine whereas here it was a large urn of quite weak brew). We did not eat at the attached pub this time but from recollection it's acceptbale in an emergency. MK isn't the easiest place to find eateries and the one occasion we ate in MK rather than London we visited the Frankie and Benny's nearby instead. Special note though to Lynne and Daniel on reception. Two lovely and friendly people (contrast to the normally bland and anonymous PI staff) who really made a fuss of my 5yr old son and whenever they saw him asked if he'd had a nice day out.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed for 2 nights this week, we had 2 rooms on the 3rd floor with NO LIFT, Smells in both bathrooms from the drains, when we came back from having the afternoon out we found there was no disabled spaces left with me having a disability i find walking a problem saw only 2 cars displaying disabled badges in the bays and others with out one. went out the next day came back with one room with the beds not being made and another with only one towel so the housekeeping hadn't done their job properly the rooms needs updating and finally better service at the restaurant.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Milton Keynes South West (Furzton Lake) Hotel, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. Your experience was far below our usual high standards, but please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.