“Friendliest hotel in MK”

Premier Inn Milton Keynes East (Willen Lake) Hotel
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
“Friendliest hotel in MK”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed here for business for 2 months in July and October, and what a fantastic hotel with such friendly and helpful staff. I've stayed in a few different hotels in the area previous to this over the past 3 years and wouldn't stay anywhere else going forward. My company now use the hotel as the place to stay when our other members of staff have training in MK.

Very spacious and clean rooms with breath taking views over the lake. Ideal location for all with great food and easy access to anywhere within MK within 5 minutes.

The staff couldn't do enough.. I managed to ruin one of my shirts using one of the irons in the hotel, and without even questioning was give a full refund and managed to get a brand new iron for the room.

First class service, the kind you'd expect at a marriott or double tree chain.. They take a lot of pride I'm there hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
PIMKManagement, Manager at Premier Inn Milton Keynes East (Willen Lake) Hotel, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Liamnich

Thank you for your fabulous review of Premier Inn Milton Keynes Willen Lake.

I am delighted to hear that you found our staff to be so friendly and I do agree with you that we are "the friendliest hotel in MK!"

I am glad that you found our rooms to be so good and enjoyed the lakeside views.

It is good to know also that you enjoyed the food in the adjoing pub / restaurant.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Premier Inn Team Leader

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed one Saturday night to attend a course at SnoZone (3min drive away).
Another great nights stay, Premy Inn is always a safe bet, nothing fancy just comfy, good beds, good bathrooms, good hot shower, big breakie at a good price. Willen Lake did all the above, in genuinely nice surroundings too, some lucky rooms must look over the lake, breakfast in the restaurant does too.

Two negatives:
You arrive at the hotel you've paid for and have to pay £4 for overnight parking, NCP not Premier Inn own the car park, it's a poor reception.

Dinner at the restaurant (attached pub) is very average, it's 'get what you pay for' pub grub. Big plates, low quality. If I was there again I'd be driving to Xscape, there's a variety of good chain restaurants. Breakfast in the same joint is still good Premier Inn standard though, would book that again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ZMatt12
Dear ZMatt12

It is good to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to be good. I am glad that you enjoyed your breakfast as well in the adjoining pub / restaurant.

I will pass on your feedback regarding dinner to the pub manager.

I do agree that we are in a great lakeside location and near to Milton Keynes centre as well. If you stay with us again, our reception team are always happy to recommend places to visit and places for dinner if you feel like a change.

Thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Heathfield
Reviewed 11 November 2013

If staying in or near Milton Keynes consider this hotel which has adequate rooms in a quiet, attractive location. Staff are very friendly and pleasant. The ding experience is not haute cuisine but good value and well presented. The breakfast was especially good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Swife
Dear SWife

Thank you very much for your review of Premier Inn Milton Keynes Willen Lake.

I am glad that you enjoyed our lovely quiet location, next to the lake.

I am very pleased to hear that your found our team to be friendly and pleasant. I do agree that the adjacent restaurant provides very good value, quality food.

It has been a pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope to be able to welcome you soon.

Suffolk
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed for 1 night, and found the usual helpful and friendly staff and good clean room. Car parking is £4 for 24 hours. The setting is very nice, overlooking the lake. If you are likely to spend much time at the hotel it is worth enquiring about a 1st floor room with good views - and I think some have balconies. There are swans, lapwings, geese, cormorants, shags etc. to look at!
The breakfast, despite the setting, was OK but not one of the best we have had. The coffee served in large pump jugs was weak and tasteless. They do have sachets of instant coffee there, and making your own is a better option. My wife supercharged her cup with one of these. We did meet up with family for a Sunday late lunch before checking in, and it was a good value children friendly experience, with lovely staff. Not the healthiest menu, and impressively large helpings - but worked very well for this occasion.

Room Tip: A room on higher floors give better lake views, and some have balconies.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Richard W
PIMKManagement, Manager at Premier Inn Milton Keynes East (Willen Lake) Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear RJWSuffolk

Thank you very much for your great review.

It is good to know that you found our staff to be friendly and your room to be clean. I am very pleased you enjoyed the hotel setting, with all the different wild birds on the lake.

I note your comments about the coffee at breakfast and it is good to hear that you enjoyed a very nice family Sunday lunch. I will ensure that this feedback is passed to the manager at the adjoining restaurant.

If you stay with us again please contact reception on 01908 678534 and we will do our best to ensure you are allocated a room with a balcony.

Thank you again for your review and we very much hope to see you again soon.

Wootton Bassett
Reviewed 29 October 2013

If you read my other reviews you will see that I regularly stay at and review Premier Inn's. The experience is always so different but this particular stay was outstanding.

I pulled up in the car park(you need to pay and display) and it was set in a forest type area on the edge of the lake. I was greeted at reception by a lovely gentleman called Dale whose customer service skills were exceptional. He advised me where my room was and off I went.

I opened the door and was amazed at the room...I had a big balcony overlooking the lake. It did not feel like a Premier inn room but a luxury hotel! The bedroom inside was the the usual high standard and overnight it was so quiet. All I was woken up by in the morning was the ducks :).

I ate dinner in the restaurant attached and the food was good quality. I struggled with connecting my wifi to my iPad so I went back to reception and dale took over and sorted it for me and was so helpful.

The breakfast was also good quality with help yourself cold buffet and orderable hot items.

All in all a brilliant stay and much better standards than Milton Keynes Central so if you get a choice choose this one :)

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear AnnekaM500

Thank you for your wonderful review of Premier Inn Milton Keynes Willen Lake.

It is fantastic to hear that you experienced such great customer service from Dale. I am really pleased you loved your room with the balcony and found it to be comparable to a luxury hotel.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We arrived here on Friday afternoon and had a friendly welcome from the Duty Receptionist.
Although the booking was made some months ago, we were disappointed that a room overlooking the picturesque Lake Willen had not been reserved for us. Instead, we were allocated a room at the back of the Hotel with a view of the recycling bins alongside tables and chairs stored for the winter! However, the Receptionist did try to find a Lake view room for us, but was unsuccessful in his search for this.

When we went to our room, we found that a hand towel was missing, but one was quickly put in the room after notifying the Receptionist.

The Staff are very friendly and give the impression they enjoy their work.

The room we had was up to the typical Premier Inn standard ~ spotlessly clean with very comfortable beds. We had dinner in the adjoining Fayre & Square Restaurant which was very good value for money with commendable service. Breakfast is taken in the same place, for which there was a vast selection of dishes to choose from.

The view overlooking the Lake is stunning with many Swans, Ducks & Geese always on the lookout for tit bits of food.

To sum up, a very pleasant stay and ideally situated for visiting the nearby Milton Keynes with its fabulous shopping malls.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Lake will give you a fabulous view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear RAY A

Thank you for your review of Premier Inn Milton Keynes Willen Lake.

I am so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay, found your room to be spotlessly clean and our staff to be very friendly. It is good to hear that you enjoyed the adjoining pub / restaurant as well.

I do agree with you that we are in a stunning location with the beautiful swans and geese on the lake.

If you stay with us again please telephone us on 01908 678534 and we will do our best to ensure you are given a room with a lakeside view.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Chippenham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Extremely friendly and helpful staff, nice room overlooking the lake.A good nights sleep -nice and quiet at night, but a little too warm for me. Tasty breakfast which was much appreciated, as we got back late and only managed a pint and a bag of crisps the night before!

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Michelle Y
PIMKManagement, Team Leader at Premier Inn Milton Keynes East (Willen Lake) Hotel, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear Michelle Y,

Firstly thank you for writing us a review on the TripAdvisor website recently.

I am glad to hear that the team here made your stay a welcoming one as we pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and making guests feel as if they are in a home away from home.

Although we are not affiliated, only co-joined by buildings, with the Lakeside pub next door. I have passed on your comments about the breakfast you had, and unfortunately they do stop serving food at 10pm daily but we have a number of takeaway menus behind reception should you stay with us again and arrive after 10pm.

Again thank you for the time taken to write us a review and we look forward to you staying with us.

Regards