“Best value in Milton Keynes”

Premier Inn Milton Keynes East (Willen Lake) Hotel
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Best value in Milton Keynes”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Very Best value for money -and quality- for our purposes.Great staff.. Our family lives nearby and this is an outstanding location -especially on a sunny day. Really appreciated the handling of my special request to do a BBC radio interview from the office - and was given a cup of tea as well!. Keep up the great £29 offers for off peak periods. Well done!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank denis148
PIMKManagement, Manager at Premier Inn Milton Keynes East (Willen Lake) Hotel, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear denis148

Thank you for your fabulous review!

I do agree with you that we have very friendly and helpful staff who are always happy to help in any way that they can.

I am glad also that you enjoyed our lovely location besides the lake.

Thank you again for your review and we very much hope to welcome you back again soon.

Premier Inn Team Leader

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed at the Premier Inn Willen Lake for two months, July and October. Good location on a lake, you got c.mk a short drive away, fine dining in the restaurant downstairs and Lenny Henry snuggles with you when you sleep, even though it is only on a brochure! But seriously, wicked staff, Victor keeps it real, Tendai is always a ray of sunshine in a morning, Lorraine is fair, fair and square! Oh yea, and Dales pretty cool too!

Stay in room 18, I left a piece of my heart in there!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Swift1985
Dear Swift1985

Thank you for your 5 star review!

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed you stay at Premier Inn Milton Keynes Willen Lake.

It is great to hear that you found our staff to be go so good, and enjoyed the lovely location and the great food served next door in the pub / restaurant.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed here for business for 2 months in July and October, and what a fantastic hotel with such friendly and helpful staff. I've stayed in a few different hotels in the area previous to this over the past 3 years and wouldn't stay anywhere else going forward. My company now use the hotel as the place to stay when our other members of staff have training in MK.

Very spacious and clean rooms with breath taking views over the lake. Ideal location for all with great food and easy access to anywhere within MK within 5 minutes.

The staff couldn't do enough.. I managed to ruin one of my shirts using one of the irons in the hotel, and without even questioning was give a full refund and managed to get a brand new iron for the room.

First class service, the kind you'd expect at a marriott or double tree chain.. They take a lot of pride I'm there hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Liamnich

Thank you for your fabulous review of Premier Inn Milton Keynes Willen Lake.

I am delighted to hear that you found our staff to be so friendly and I do agree with you that we are "the friendliest hotel in MK!"

I am glad that you found our rooms to be so good and enjoyed the lakeside views.

It is good to know also that you enjoyed the food in the adjoing pub / restaurant.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed one Saturday night to attend a course at SnoZone (3min drive away).
Another great nights stay, Premy Inn is always a safe bet, nothing fancy just comfy, good beds, good bathrooms, good hot shower, big breakie at a good price. Willen Lake did all the above, in genuinely nice surroundings too, some lucky rooms must look over the lake, breakfast in the restaurant does too.

Two negatives:
You arrive at the hotel you've paid for and have to pay £4 for overnight parking, NCP not Premier Inn own the car park, it's a poor reception.

Dinner at the restaurant (attached pub) is very average, it's 'get what you pay for' pub grub. Big plates, low quality. If I was there again I'd be driving to Xscape, there's a variety of good chain restaurants. Breakfast in the same joint is still good Premier Inn standard though, would book that again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ZMatt12
Dear ZMatt12

It is good to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to be good. I am glad that you enjoyed your breakfast as well in the adjoining pub / restaurant.

I will pass on your feedback regarding dinner to the pub manager.

I do agree that we are in a great lakeside location and near to Milton Keynes centre as well. If you stay with us again, our reception team are always happy to recommend places to visit and places for dinner if you feel like a change.

Thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Heathfield
Reviewed 11 November 2013

If staying in or near Milton Keynes consider this hotel which has adequate rooms in a quiet, attractive location. Staff are very friendly and pleasant. The ding experience is not haute cuisine but good value and well presented. The breakfast was especially good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Swife
Dear SWife

Thank you very much for your review of Premier Inn Milton Keynes Willen Lake.

I am glad that you enjoyed our lovely quiet location, next to the lake.

I am very pleased to hear that your found our team to be friendly and pleasant. I do agree that the adjacent restaurant provides very good value, quality food.

It has been a pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope to be able to welcome you soon.

Suffolk
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed for 1 night, and found the usual helpful and friendly staff and good clean room. Car parking is £4 for 24 hours. The setting is very nice, overlooking the lake. If you are likely to spend much time at the hotel it is worth enquiring about a 1st floor room with good views - and I think some have balconies. There are swans, lapwings, geese, cormorants, shags etc. to look at!
The breakfast, despite the setting, was OK but not one of the best we have had. The coffee served in large pump jugs was weak and tasteless. They do have sachets of instant coffee there, and making your own is a better option. My wife supercharged her cup with one of these. We did meet up with family for a Sunday late lunch before checking in, and it was a good value children friendly experience, with lovely staff. Not the healthiest menu, and impressively large helpings - but worked very well for this occasion.

Room Tip: A room on higher floors give better lake views, and some have balconies.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Richard W
PIMKManagement, Manager at Premier Inn Milton Keynes East (Willen Lake) Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear RJWSuffolk

Thank you very much for your great review.

It is good to know that you found our staff to be friendly and your room to be clean. I am very pleased you enjoyed the hotel setting, with all the different wild birds on the lake.

I note your comments about the coffee at breakfast and it is good to hear that you enjoyed a very nice family Sunday lunch. I will ensure that this feedback is passed to the manager at the adjoining restaurant.

If you stay with us again please contact reception on 01908 678534 and we will do our best to ensure you are allocated a room with a balcony.

Thank you again for your review and we very much hope to see you again soon.

Becky Berry
Wootton Bassett
Reviewed 29 October 2013

If you read my other reviews you will see that I regularly stay at and review Premier Inn's. The experience is always so different but this particular stay was outstanding.

I pulled up in the car park(you need to pay and display) and it was set in a forest type area on the edge of the lake. I was greeted at reception by a lovely gentleman called Dale whose customer service skills were exceptional. He advised me where my room was and off I went.

I opened the door and was amazed at the room...I had a big balcony overlooking the lake. It did not feel like a Premier inn room but a luxury hotel! The bedroom inside was the the usual high standard and overnight it was so quiet. All I was woken up by in the morning was the ducks :).

I ate dinner in the restaurant attached and the food was good quality. I struggled with connecting my wifi to my iPad so I went back to reception and dale took over and sorted it for me and was so helpful.

The breakfast was also good quality with help yourself cold buffet and orderable hot items.

All in all a brilliant stay and much better standards than Milton Keynes Central so if you get a choice choose this one :)

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear AnnekaM500

Thank you for your wonderful review of Premier Inn Milton Keynes Willen Lake.

It is fantastic to hear that you experienced such great customer service from Dale. I am really pleased you loved your room with the balcony and found it to be comparable to a luxury hotel.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Becky Berry