“Beautiful place very pretty”

Premier Inn Milton Keynes South Hotel
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
hull
“Beautiful place very pretty”
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here after a day at Thorpe park , it was relaxing lovely scenery lake v pretty comfortable night , staff v helpful rooms great , food lovely , extra pillows given , fan in room and a bath .. Tea and coffee facilities , brilliant ..

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank pennie s
Rizwan A, Manager at Premier Inn Milton Keynes South Hotel, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Firstly, thank you very much for your time in writing such a fantastic review for our Hotel.

I am very pleased to know that you had a great experience during your stay with us. At Premier Inn we all go extra mile to deliver exceptional guest service and a great good night sleep. Positive feedback like this always helps to put smile on team’s faces and helps to deliver more.

Please be assured that your feedback will be passed on to both the team in the Hotel and the Pub next door.

Once again let me take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback and recommendation.

Hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Bromborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2013

A very good hotel which is located to the south of Milton Keynes. It is situated within a huge well maintained parkland setting. The building has been constructed from an old windmill and attached buildings. It is surrounded by a very big lake and woodland. There are several footpaths which entirely surround the lake, ideal for an evening stroll or to join the many joggers who were using it during my stay. The Hotel is very quiet and well maintained. The staff were ALL very attentive and pleasant. Not easy at 0700hrs when we came down for breakfast. The restaurant was very well presented and although was not used by my wife and I (we had eaten earlier elsewhere) was very popular by other residents. A mid range price for a very good location. Recommended without reservation.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Koppite2617
Rizwan A, Manager at Premier Inn Milton Keynes South Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear Guest,

I am glad to know that you had a great experience during your stay with us. It is always nice to know that our team are delivering the high standards to each and every guest staying with us. The location and the lake view are just amazing. At Premier Inn we believe in value for money and I am glad that you have recognised that by mentioning the price. Our Aim is to make sure our entire guest have an exceptional experience and such a positive comments always helps our team to deliver more.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and for your recommendation. Hope to see you again soon.
Ballyclare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Great location, play park on the doorstep and ducks to feed. The lake is fantastic to walk around too. Rooms were spotless and food in the restaurant was good. Staff were very friendly and helpful,we will def be back soon.

1 Thank Kathryn E

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We have just returned from our 2 night stay and had a lovely time. Reception staff gave us a warm welcome and produced a map on which they marked places we wanted to go. I had read reviews which recommended asking for a view of the lake which I'm really glad I followed. I was just disappointed we didnt get one of the 4 balcony rooms but will know what to ask for next time. Room was basic but clean and the bed really big and comfortable. Plenty of space for the single bed too. The housekeeper was really helpful and provided us with sheets as the weather was too hot for the duvets.
Good supply of tea and coffee in the room too.
We had prepaid breakfast and was surprised at the choice, it is provided in the ajoining pub. Again really helpful staff. We also ate here on both evenings as it was easy with a toddler. Food was as you would expect from a chain pub/restaurant...nothing spectacular but very tasty. There was an issue with the scampi but staff resolved the problem and gave us a refund and free alternatives and drinks. Great choice for kids too.
All in all a great value for money stay.

Room Tip: I would suggest balcony room over looking the lake.
1 Thank norwichgirl311010
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to know that you and your family enjoyed the stay with us at Premier Inn. At Premier Inn we completely believe in value for money and feedback like this proves it very well. Our team will be very happy to know that their hard work has been recognised and please be assured that this will be passed on to both the teams in the Hotel and the Pub next door.

Once again let me take this opportunity to thank you for your time for the positive feedback and for the recommendation.

Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Settled on this hotel as it was the only one left in Milton Keynes that was vacant. The rooms were good and the staff were very helpful. However what started as a pleasant stay turned very sour when we went for an evening meal at the pub next door! On approaching the bar to order, I was curtly told by a member of the bar staff to join the queue. What queue? I could see no sign indicating where I should queue. Then I noticed a large group of people in the middle of the bar. Ah, I have found the queue which I joined. I stood there for fifteen minutes watching one member of staff try to cope with the ever increasing line of patient customers while the remainder of his colleagues seemed to be busy passing the time of day with each other, ignoring the ever increasing huddle in the centre of the bar. At the end of the fifteen minutes, I was still only halfway to the bar and I decided to vote with my feet and go elsewhere for my meal. I returned to the Premier Inn reception where the receptionist could not be more apologetic or more helpful. She immediately sought out the bar manager, but, unfortunately for her, I overheard their conversation and his response to her was that that's the way they did it and I would have to put up with it. Sorry Mr Manager, it is MY money I am spending and I will choose where I spend it - not in your establishment! I went to another pub in the same chain where the experience could not be more different. The morning was no better, I had prepurchased a breakfast. Having got the table, the waitress took ten minutes to take my order and then foolowed another twenty minutes for my breakfast to arrive. During this time, I was offered someone else's breakfast!

A hotel I would like to revisit as I was impressed with it - but not until the pub n ext door does something about it's services AND it's staff.

1 Thank KeithParker1949
Dear Guest,

Firstly, thank you very much for your time in writing a feedback for our Hotel.

I am very pleased to know that your Hotel experience was great. Feedback like this about the Hotel service always puts smile at our team’s faces and helps us to deliver more and more so that our guest can come again and again.

I am very sorry to hear about your experience in the Pub next door. The pub next door is not managed by Premier Inn but we all do work as a TEAM so that we can deliver an excellent service to our guest. Please be assured that you feedback will be passed on to the Pub management and hope fully this feedback will help them to understand were they are going wrong and can turn negative into positive.

Once again thank you very much for the feedback and hope to see you again soon.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Lovely hotel, picturesque with the lake view from your window, however the Canadian geese do not shut up at all and I was awake all night. went down for breakfast (which I had paid for) only to be told that there wasn't any because the chef had rung in sick!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Firstly, thank you very much for your time in writing feedback for our Hotel.

I am very pleased to know that you like the Hotel setting and the location. I am very sorry to hear about your experience in the Pub next door and about the geese, which kept you awake. Please be assured your feedback has been passed on to the higher management in the Pub, who will be looking into this immediately.

On behalf of the Pub please accept my sincerest apology and this will be dealt effectively and immediately.

Once again thank you very much for your time and feedback. Hope to see you again soon.
Kent
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Very nice location next to the lake, although being on the car park side was a minus, but not too bad. Prime location for Woburn Safari Park. Great restaurant adjoining. Very large room and very clean, although some of the furniture was a bit dated. The TV was fine, but due to the size of the room was difficult to see as it was as far away from the bed as it could possibly be

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Rizwan A, Manager at Premier Inn Milton Keynes South Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Firstly, thank you very much for your time in writing such a positive review for our Hotel.

I am glad to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us at Premier Inn. I completely agree with you that the Hotel is located on such a beautiful setting, which just relaxes your stay. I am also glad that you found our hotel value for money and that’s what Premier Inn is all about.

Feedback like this always helps the team to deliver more and go extra mile. Please be assured that the feedback will be passed on to both the teams in Hotel and Pub next door.

Once again thank you very much for your time and feedback. Hope to see you all soon again.