“did not enjoy stay at all!”

Premier Inn Milton Keynes South Hotel
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice location is about all I can say.
Staff at desk in the morning rude and unhelpful. Despite my colleague and I both having reservations confirmed with breakfast through Redfern travel (and documentation to prove this) the receptionist resolutely refused to allow us to take breakfast before we paid for it. She said it wasn’t included. It took a phone call and fax from Redfern to satisfy her and she still wouldn’t budge even after the phone call demanding a fax before she would allow breakfast to be taken.
She barely said a word to me was discourteous and unpleasant both to me, my colleague and the staff at Redfern travel who were extremely patient in trying to resolve this issue for us with this lady who can only be described a stony faced un-budging unhelpful and completely lacking in customer service.
The rooms are just ok standard premier quality - which isn’t for me at all. I find them dated, not brilliantly clean there was black all around the bath, the toilet door barley closed as the toilet obstructed it. Towels were greying holey and hard. Wi-Fi free for 30 mins pointless by the time I log on to my work account 30 minutes is up!
I would like to say you get what you pay for but at £85 per night I expect far more and get it at other chains such as the Novotel and holiday inn including free WIFI. It’s certainly budget accommodation, service and fare but not at a budget price.
Breakfast poor quality, cheap juice, vile coffee (just instant served from a flask) so tastes awful, cheap jams, pre-packed croissants. Only half decent bit the crumpets and Kellogg’s cereal which they can’t spoil well maybe they can with warm milk and no choice of skimmed!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mutlee
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Milton Keynes South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of customer service and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs, your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice upgraded rooms with lovely beds and good bathroom. Excellent location overlooking a lake incorporating a windmill.
Good choice of food in the adjoining restaurant at a very good price.
Easy parking.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, good location, nice to wake up with the sun rising from the lakeside, room was clean, bed was excellent, staff at the adjoining restaurant/pub could do with being a bit faster at certain jobs but overall would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lake.
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Premier Inn is always our first choice if we're going away in this country and once again our faith in them was justified. Hotel was in a beautiful setting opposite a lake, which our room overlooked. Usual PI room facilities, clean and comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful. We ate both nights in the attached restaurant and found the staff friendly and attentive. I wasn't happy with my meal when it came and when I informed the staff they dealt with the problem quickly, replaced my meal and even gave us a free round of drinks as way of an apology! Hotel only a couple of miles from Bletchley so suited us perfectly.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor Rm 208. Very quiet, lovely view no lift though.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jod65
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We chose this particular hotel because it is away from main road and faces a very nice lake. The room was good, free from road noise, and the check-in person was first class (friendly, efficient and promptly provided extra towels and a bed sheet instead of a duvet on request). However, the catering offered by the food franchise was very poor - poor service, limited menu where the strategy seems to be pile it high with lower quality food.

1  Thank David C
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Arrived at the hotel managed to find a disabled parking space, which was good as there was not to man of them. Booked in and was allocated a disabled room has requested, only to find the bed was much to low for my wife who is disabled, there was no sower only a bath which is very difficult for my wife cannot raise her legs to get in and out of a bath, the staff provide raisers for the bed and I had to help my wife in and out of the bath to use the shower there were plenty of grab rails fitted which was a gods send, breakfast was very good staff are very friendly and helpful which made up for the short fall of the room provided, the management however need to look up what facilities are required for a disabled room, full praise to the staff though.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ken T
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Very pleasant and the outside area is excellent there are tables and benches with parasoles to sit and have a meal or just a drink.it has a large beautiful lake with swans and ducks a children's play area and what a way to enjoy a relaxing summers evening good food in the brewersfare 2meals for £10 and friendly staff to serve it the swans and ducks do like you to feed them some bread all in all I would recommend this hotel we went with friends and had a great time

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends