Best Western Milton Keynes Hotel
Ranked #21 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Good hotel for over night business trip.Lovely breakfast and staff.Only critisim it was a bit cold in the room but I am generally a cold person so wouldn't put that as a down side to this hotel.Two of my collegues stayed at the same time and didn't have a problem so must have been me.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 May 2013

I'm glad I was only staying he one night. The room was in a fairly poor state of repair mouldy bathroom ceiling, shower leaked and had to be left in the bath to prevent the dripping noise from keeping me awake. Door lock was loose and needed to be slammed to engage the lock so was weary when leaving the room. Staff not very friendly and reception only staffed in the morning, had to call the bar for somebody to check me in.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Overpriced £60 for an outdated bathroom with mouldy grouting, no sink plug, loose toilet flush, no soap, no liner in the bin, condensated double glazing, rotted windowsill, unfriendly female receptionist. Doors had to be slammed to trigger locking mechanism.
Pub food - pub food standard, blokes pub.

Room Tip: Stick with Premier/Holiday Inn for business trips.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank NancyChick
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I was staying here as I was attending a couple of courses opposite at Dermaspa.This was the only reason I chose this hotel out of convenience to the course location,as the reviews I'd read about it on Trip Advisor were not that great beforehand.I was lucky (either that or am easily pleased) as the room I was given(Room 18) was of good size and clean.It had everything you'd need,kettle etc and every day the bathroom was cleaned so although a basic room it suited me fine.If I were to stay there again then I'd pick this room.There is a bar/pub downstairs which did get really busy one of the nights with Football being shown but I cannot say that it was overly noisy,but then my room was out the back anyway,so perhaps why?If you are looking for somewhere to stay the night be it for business whatever then it's fine.Just 'No Frills'.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank belle2827
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Booked into the hotel as I was attending a Christmas diner with collegues and didn't wish to have to drive home and staying would allow me to drink. This was suppose to save me money as the cost of the room was cheaper than hiring a taxi for the 50 mile return journey but I just received my credit card statement from that period and found out that they charged the room to my credit card twice. "Not a happy camper"!! The room was clean but was noisy when others talking in hall outside room.

Room Tip: As the hotel is part of the pub I had to wait several minutes for a receptionist to come check me in...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Stopped here for 2 nights for the British grandprix at the Silverstone Circuit, Towcester.
Good location for silverstone, and nice location in general. Broughton seems quite a new town.
First impression room was spacious enough; double bed, iron/board, hairdryer, trouser press (did not work), LCD satellite television, Tea and coffee making facilities... the basics really.
The bed was comfy enough, 2 pillows each.
Large dressing table to get ready.
Large wardrobe.
The bathroom had a bath with a shower hanging above. AMAZING powerful shower. yes there is mould above the bath which was slightly off-putting and could do with touching up... but no complaints about the bathroom really (large mirror, heated towel rail).
Yes the walls are rather thin, you can hear your neighbours and people in the corridor, but we were really tired so fell asleep quickly and did not bother us.
The Hungry Horse is the pub/restaurant attached to the hotel. We had our evening meals here, we were more than pleased with the food and service, plus the cheap prices!!
Overall we had a easy stress-free stay, all we needed as a base. Percet for a night or two.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tash B
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I stayed for one night on a business trip in room 31:

- Mould on the bathroom ceiling, corner of the bath, bathroom tiles
- Bearing gone in the bathroom extractor fan - so noisy that I was afraid to turn the bathroom light on in case I woke the neighbourhood
- When i did turn it on there was only 1 dim bulb working in the bathroom
- Big black lump of something fell out of the hot tap when I turned it on
- Very dirty / mouldy window frames
- Breakfast average but cutlery, plates need replacing
- Mugs all chipped and need replacing
- Bedroom walls very thin – makes for a noisy stay

On the plus side - a nice friendly young girl on reception. She deserves to work at a better hotel.

Room Tip: There are much better hotels for the same price in Milton Keynes
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business