“Clean and friendly”

Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Clean and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Rooms have tv and ironing board and kettle and other tea making stuff there, rooms are clean and spacious , hungry horse but have value for money deals and staff are helpful aswel, lots of free parking and a nice park for the kids to play on, not very far from town centre or Kingston shopping centre

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Anthony B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel for one night whilst on a course over at the HD Brow training centre. I found it to be basic but clean. The bed was comfy, tv worked and there was a tea/coffee tray. Shower was good and bathroom was clean. The staff were helpful and friendly. I went to the pub part for dinner and breakfast. Its a hungry horse so its just good old pub grub at a great price, the staff behind the bar were all very lovely...beer was nice too but dont tell my boss ;) in the morning breakfast was good filled a gap ready for my day and it was so cheap I couldn't believe it! The food tasted greeeat! Would definatly stay again if I was over that way again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Kasey C
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

While this place was mostly clean the furniture was dated and the grouting in the bathroom was pretty mouldy. The shower head was badly in need of descaling. Scapes and dents all over the place. Very very thin walls and noisy plumbing. The curtains were nearly falling off the rail. Dirty windows. OK in a pinch, as the bed was decent. I've done worse, but wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Milton Keynes hotels

Lancashire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Arrived and had to wait 25 minutes in reception after going into bar 3 times to book in.
Bed very comfy.
You can hear next doors tv
You can hear doors slamming
Bathroom very dated and a little mouldy
Excellent breakfast

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank katrina72
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

Was surprised to find no disabled parking spaces. Had to park at end of car park. there were a few spaces near the entrance and all had been taken except one which was blocked by a plastic bollard. You have to call someone to reception using the phone on the desk as the hotel is attached to a pub.Someone came very quickly. I was told there were no disabled spaces,i looked out to the space blocked by the plastic bollard but was not offered this.it had been reserved for someone, on what basis I don't know. But I was more surprised by the 'and that's the end of story' attitude. I wasn't offered help with my bags so had to make two trips to the car park and it wasn't even suggested that I could park in front just to unload.So I was left wheezing and in pain.in the morning I noticed two cars parked right in front even though there were no marked spaces.this was not offered to me as an option either. I had go to the car park again around 2300hrs as I had left my phone in the car. to note; althoughthe car park has lighting it wasn't alight so theres no point parking under a lantern.
I didn't eat there but I looked at the menu and the prices are very reasonable. The room wasn't bad.Pluses are: it appeared clean(i'll come back to that) there was a trouser press,iron and ironing board and a fullsize kettle. the drinks tray was nicely presented with some nice biscuits. 7There were also lots of sockets,important in this age of charging batteries. I counted 7 of them!
The negatives are that the rooms have keycards. mine stopped working and had to be reprogrammed however at night the door front door is locked and there is no receptionist so if your key stops working whilst you are on the outside I don't know what you do. there is an emergency number so remember to take that with you if you are going out at night. I couldn't get the free Wi-Fi despite following instructions.The toilet was very close to the wall. Teabags were just taken from a regular box i.e they were not individually wrapped. The worse par was really the bathroom. Im a bit concerned about a pedal bin not having a plastic liner.Also when I pulled back the shower curtain in the morning I found 9 black hairs in the bath. A bath is easy enough to rinse and they were highly visible. I decided to put my glasses on and look at the floor. Was amazed bythe number of hairs,all black.Im grey so they cant be mine and also there was one ther a good 30cm long by the radiator. My head is shaven so theres no way its mine. Its one thing to mop a bathroom but this should be done first so that its dry by the time the room is finished being prepared and then the vacuum can be passed everywhere including the bathroom. The state of the bathroom left me a bit concerned about what I was walking in on the carpet.
The worse part is check-out 10AM is really too early. in fact I have never experienced this before.it didn't help that this one particular day I was in no rush. I made one trip to the car about 915AM and on my way back the woman at reception asked what room I was in. I told her and added that I was leaving yet. Despite this,ten minutes later at 924 to be precise, the housekeeper came into my room!! Talk about push someone out!!!

Room Tip: pointless if you have mobility problems