“wonderful”

The Granary
The Granary
Ranked #16 of 32 Milton Keynes B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 November 2011

ive just come back home from a wonderful 2 night stay at the granary . I was very impressed . I brought my dog with me as i didnt want to leave her in kennels and this was perfect . A lovely working farm with fabulous walks . My room was superb . Wonderful shower and bath and a lovely comfy bed . Had the most wonderful 2 nights sleep as it is so peaceful due to the quiet location although it is very near the M1 you wouldnt know it . The people where wonderful made me and my dog very very welcome . I felt totally relaxed and at ease and felt they went the extra mile to make sure i had a lovely stay. The cooked breakfast was excellent also and very flexible as to times etc. I will most definitely be booking to stay again . Highly recommended , the best i have found in the area and especially because it is dog friendly. Thanks for a fantastic stay.

Room Tip: I had ground floor which was great because i had my dog with me .
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
TheGranaryPage, Manager at The Granary, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2012

Im glad you had a nice time with us. We hope to see you again.

There are newer reviews for The Granary

Reviewed 4 September 2011

I stayed at the B&B when I had to work in Milton Keynes recently and would really recommend it to anyone else looking for somewhere to stay whilst working in the area (provided that you have a car). Much better than similiarly priced, generic, business hotels, beautiful setting on a farm, well located for Milton Keynes and the M1 and a lovely breakfast!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

Im glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights whilst working in Milton Keynes. Relaxing setting in the country side. Very quiet and easy to get to. Free wifi and excellent breakfast. Will be back here when Im working in the area again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
TheGranaryPage, Manager at The Granary, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2011

Thank you, we look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 31 May 2011

Booked as a quiet B&B before a big meeting . Arrived and could not get in.had to ring alex to get in . Room nice then went out. Arrived back at 9.30 to find a huge event going on below - had I known about this I would not had booked.30plus people eating a meal and chatting until gone 11.00 with bottles clanking and chairs scraping until midnight. Not helped when I turned back the bed to fin the worst crumpled sheets I have ever seen . I was convinced it had been slept in and the linen was stained. Called alex and insisted on a room change. I refused to pay on basis of disruption and he argued sheets were clean. He should unsure he has a better iron! He said he woild waiver the bill but given I was a paying guest and customer this was not the quiet stay i had booked - the function Gathering below had no soundproofing at all and no sleep was possible until after 1 am

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Griffblack
TheGranaryPage, Manager at The Granary, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2011

Thank you for your review and I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. We do not normally host evening functions. This was a one off that was arranged at short notice for friends, which unfortunately went on longer than expected.
The sheets in question were dried on a metal clothes horse which left marks. A large undersheet was used which was to big for this mattress, giving the impression it was crumpled and used. I can assure you all our sheets are washed and ironed after every use.
None of the above is acceptable for paying guests and all has been rectified for future bookings.

Reviewed 3 September 2010

Lovely B&B in a lovely location. You forget that you're only a couple of miles from the M1. The room was very nice with a very comfortable bed and good shower.

Breakfast was very tasty with plenty of choice and the dining area was just what you would expect from a farmhouse B&B.

One thing that would improve this B&B would be if the owners provided details of walks around the farm as the location is the main selling point.

All in all highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank jackiemcc71

Reviewed 6 July 2009

The kids loved the open spaces, the renovated building, the tennis courts, the freedom.
The adults loved it a bit less - we felt that the care and attention to the little things could be better. Loved all the organic stuff for breakfast but the cooked food could have been attended to a bit better - and cooked a little less long.
B and B guests do not know the area, very often, so the owners should be able to provide them with maps and know something about what's around!

We'd come back to the building and the location...but think that the owners should try to make the guests feel a bit more welcome and less like a bit of bother.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family

Thank you for your review, and I am sorry you were not 100% happy with the experience. We are always trying to improve our establishment and they what we can offer our guests.

Reviewed 14 November 2007

This is how B&Bs should be. Beautiful buildings, great rooms, superb home-cooked breakfast, nice staff - all for 40-50 quid. This is one of the best places I've stayed in at this price bracket. The rooms are in an old, well, granary, I suppose - and have been tastefully and beautifully converted. Comfy beds, ensuites and plenty of books to read. There is plenty of parking, lots of flexibility on arrival times and breakfasts - you can even do a bit of yoga in the evening. The only slight downside is that it is a bit isolated for business travel (drive into nearby Salford for a decent pub meal) - but for a weekend break and a bit of tourism it would be superb. There is even free wireless - and more importantly it works! Places like this show travel-odge-type places up for the shameless and soulless rip-off that they are...I recommend you give it a go!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)