“I have no idea why this place is so popular”
Review of Swan Salford

Swan Salford
Reserve with OpenTable
Swan Salford is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 556 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Price range: US$23 - US$39
Cuisines: European, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: .The Swan Salford is an attractive Edwardian pub in a lovely village setting, 10 minutes from central Milton Keynes and just 1 mile from junction 13 of the M1. It’s perfect for a drink after work and as somewhere to meet, eat and drink with friends. The Swan combines top quality pub food with modern brasserie dishes. We serve food all day. Drink quality draught beers, ale on hand pump plus a carefully chosen wine list with quality variety value. Meetings & private dining available.
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Haven't been here for a while as I've always been disappointed with the food and service. But this was a friend's choice for a birthday celebration. For a start 10 of us were squashed onto a table more suited to 8 people - there was hardly room to lift your knife and fork. The food was reasonable but tiny portions and the service I'd describe as distinctly hands off. No one came back to check if our food was ok or if we needed more drinks. I had coq au vin - three bits of chicken and so sign of the bacon lardons or black cabbage on the menu. My side dish of 'roasted roots with honey and thyme' at £3.75 was a dish of boiled carrots. My other half was decidedly disappointed with his steak - at around £18 - it was over-cooked and accompanied by 10 chips. I had ice-cream for dessert and, as I couldn't read the small print, asked the waitress if it said 2 or 3 scoops. She said it could be either. What she failed to mention was that the charge would be for 3 scoops whatever you had. I just came away feeling distinctly underwhelmed and ripped off. Two courses and a glass of wine came to £73.00 for two without service. I seem to be in the minority. Seems to be popular with the trendy set who clearly don't mind paying for adequate food at high prices. Wont' be rushing back.

LeeHallGM, General Manager at Swan Salford, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you for review regarding your visit with us in March. My sincere apologies that you did not enjoy your visit with us.

I have passed your comments regarding the quality of the food you received onto our Head Chef who will of course raise the Steak comment with our meat supplier.

In regards the service you received your comments do not reflect the standard that we pride ourselves on and I have discussed the points you raised with my managers and front of house teams as a check back could have resulted in your comments being rectified at the time.

I hope that you will try us again in the future.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

The Swan is without a doubt our favourite restaurant in Milton Keynes. The food is amazing quality and the menu seems to change every time we're in there, although the always keep the classics. The Sunday lunches are incredible, the steaks cooked to perfection and the deserts are almost orgasmic. The staff are polite, friendly and on the rare occasions that something isn't perfect they bend over backwards to fix it. The only down side is the price, it's high end for a pub, but you're paying for quality.

LeeHallGM, General Manager at Swan Salford, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you very much for your review, it's so nice to hear from one of our regular guests that this is their favourite place to visit, not to mention a lovely recommendation. I have passed your comments on to our chef and front of house teams and look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Kind Regards

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Lovely choice of food , well presented and good service , would highly recommend it. great atmosphere.

Thank you for your comments regarding your visit with us in December. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit in terms of both food and service.

Thank you for your recommendation and I hope you will visit us again soon.

Regards

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We often use The Swan but lately whilst the food has been very good the service leaves a bit to be desired. On the last occasion we had to wait a while to be attended to and then even longer for our orders to be taken. The waiting staff were somewhat perfunctory - a smile would help! As ever the food is to a high standard but this should be expected as the prices are not cheap. Nevertheless we have not been put off and will continue to visit.

Thank you for your recent review. I have shared your comments with my management and front of house team and offer my apologies that on this occasion the speed and quality of service was not up to the usual standard you have come to expect from us. I am pleased that you enjoyed the food you received and that the experience will not deter you from visiting us again in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 11 March 2014

we have been a number of times, and never been disappointed. the Sunday roast is great value, and excellently prepared. there are always a good range of interesting specials. good service and a nice ambience. Highly recommended.

Thank you for your review regarding your Sunday Lunch visit. I have passed your comments onto both our teams and am pleased that the quality of the food and service you receive is the reason you have returned to us on a number of occasions.

Thank you for your recommendation.

Regards