“Excellent”
Review of Swan Salford

Swan Salford
Reserve with OpenTable
Swan Salford is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 539 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Price range: US$23 - US$39
Cuisines: European, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: .The Swan Salford is an attractive Edwardian pub in a lovely village setting, 10 minutes from central Milton Keynes and just 1 mile from junction 13 of the M1. It’s perfect for a drink after work and as somewhere to meet, eat and drink with friends. The Swan combines top quality pub food with modern brasserie dishes. We serve food all day. Drink quality draught beers, ale on hand pump plus a carefully chosen wine list with quality variety value. Meetings & private dining available.
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We turned up without a booking for Sunday lunch and were welcomed and given a table even though the place was packed. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was exquisite and reasonably priced. The menu was very varied and difficult to choose between the dishes! Would definitely go back and also recommend to everyone.

LeeHallGM, General Manager at Swan Salford, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you very much for your recent review. I'm really pleased that we were able to accomodate your party on what was a busy day! I have passed your comments regarding the food and service you received onto our teams and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for Swan Salford

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I always enjoy coming here, the ambiance, and the service but what has gone wrong with the Chicken Caesar ? It's morphed gradually from classic to something completely different. Today the anchovies were in batter! Please go back to the original.

LeeHallGM, General Manager at Swan Salford, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for your review and comments regarding your recent visit. I'm glad you enjoy your visits here and the quality of the food and service you receive. In regards the Caesar Salad we did make a slight alteration on the Spring Menu to the presentation of the dish. I have passed your comments onto our Head Chef and these have been taken on board for the Summer Menu, in the meantime we can always offer the alternative if requested.

Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Haven't been here for a while as I've always been disappointed with the food and service. But this was a friend's choice for a birthday celebration. For a start 10 of us were squashed onto a table more suited to 8 people - there was hardly room to lift your knife and fork. The food was reasonable but tiny portions and the service I'd describe as distinctly hands off. No one came back to check if our food was ok or if we needed more drinks. I had coq au vin - three bits of chicken and so sign of the bacon lardons or black cabbage on the menu. My side dish of 'roasted roots with honey and thyme' at £3.75 was a dish of boiled carrots. My other half was decidedly disappointed with his steak - at around £18 - it was over-cooked and accompanied by 10 chips. I had ice-cream for dessert and, as I couldn't read the small print, asked the waitress if it said 2 or 3 scoops. She said it could be either. What she failed to mention was that the charge would be for 3 scoops whatever you had. I just came away feeling distinctly underwhelmed and ripped off. Two courses and a glass of wine came to £73.00 for two without service. I seem to be in the minority. Seems to be popular with the trendy set who clearly don't mind paying for adequate food at high prices. Wont' be rushing back.

LeeHallGM, General Manager at Swan Salford, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you for review regarding your visit with us in March. My sincere apologies that you did not enjoy your visit with us.

I have passed your comments regarding the quality of the food you received onto our Head Chef who will of course raise the Steak comment with our meat supplier.

In regards the service you received your comments do not reflect the standard that we pride ourselves on and I have discussed the points you raised with my managers and front of house teams as a check back could have resulted in your comments being rectified at the time.

I hope that you will try us again in the future.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

The Swan is without a doubt our favourite restaurant in Milton Keynes. The food is amazing quality and the menu seems to change every time we're in there, although the always keep the classics. The Sunday lunches are incredible, the steaks cooked to perfection and the deserts are almost orgasmic. The staff are polite, friendly and on the rare occasions that something isn't perfect they bend over backwards to fix it. The only down side is the price, it's high end for a pub, but you're paying for quality.

Thank you very much for your review, it's so nice to hear from one of our regular guests that this is their favourite place to visit, not to mention a lovely recommendation. I have passed your comments on to our chef and front of house teams and look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Kind Regards

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Lovely choice of food , well presented and good service , would highly recommend it. great atmosphere.

Thank you for your comments regarding your visit with us in December. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit in terms of both food and service.

Thank you for your recommendation and I hope you will visit us again soon.

Regards