“SUNDAY LUNCH”
Review of The Potting Shed

The Potting Shed
Reserve with OpenTable
The Potting Shed is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 353 Restaurants in Maidstone
Price range: US$13 - US$39
Description: The Potting Shed, a down to earth eating house which has been created in the unusual style of a potting shed with a grass roof and decorated with gardening tools. The big dining room is vaulted with a wooden clad ceiling and opens to our beautiful garden which boasts an amazing outside space and a great kids play area as well as a herb and vegetable garden. Open all day from breakfast to Dinner.
Reviewed 7 January 2018

Birthday Sunday lunch for 6 good service and excellent food.Will go again and highly recommend the Sunday roast.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

We had an amazing meal on New Years Eve at the Potting Shed. I will be honest, New Years Eve, mass catering, my expectations were not very high. I was very, very wrong. The service was exception, the staff could not do enough for us, even remembering the beer I was drinking (put this into perspective, they must have had 75 diners, plus other people at the bar - so no mean feat).
The food was exceptional. It all arrived at the same time, all tables, all courses, which again, was exceptional bearing in mind the number of diners. I had the lamb as a main, it was exquisite - perfectly cooked and the vegetables were out of this world, really, really tasty.
If this is the standard on a busy New Years Eve - you will not be disappointed whenever you choose to dine with them.
Exceptionally impressed - very well done to the team,

Reviewed 31 December 2017

we arrived after being to a pantomime in Maidstone. Service was excellent, I ordered a venison burger which was put out before the rest of the meals ordered and consequently sat on the counter for between 5 and 10 minutes before being brought to our table. After being told that the counter was keeping it warm I succeeded in getting the waitress to take it back to ensure that it was hot before I commenced eating it. The food was generally of a good standard and as already stated the service apart from this one blip was excellent. Would I return yes I would plus my wife, daughter and grandson enjoyed what they had.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Went to potting shed recently .on entry their is a bar and seating area where we were very well looked after by bar manager kieron. restraunt one big open space but cosy .men had cod chips and mushy peas the ladies had lamb shank all very nice as were deserts. will return

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

Well what can I say, I had heard about the potting shed so thought I’d give it a try. I wanted some one nice for a date and not break the bank expensive. When we first entered it was quite loud in there, we then got took through the bar then out to the back where it was a lot quieter and much more conducive for a couple chatting etc. The staff were very attentive and polite. The food was lovely, I had venison and horseradish and potato gratin which was lovely but not massive. My other half had the lamb shank which was also lovely and a bit more food, yes I was suffering from meal envy.. we were the last ones in that side of the restaurant but the staff were happy to let us sit there and chat which was really nice. Definitely will be going back again.