“First time visit”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We visited the Tandoor Mahal for the first time in April and the food was great, the service was great and will be going back either for a sit down meal or a takeaway.

1  Thank jason B

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I booked this for my Medway Curry club after hearing good things about it.

Firstly I booked for 9 people but when we turned up they only had it set up for 8 people. In the end this didn't matter as someone dropped out, but it wasn't a great start. The service was perfect good and friendly, but the atmosphere was dead. It was a Tuesday night, but we were there for 2 hours and there were only 2 other people there that whole time!!!

The food was sadly very poor. My main course was very greasy and the naan was burnt. Having spoken to others they were also of the same feeling that it wasn't up to standard.

Also please do check out their claims of having a 5 star food hygiene rating for yourselves.

1  Thank James S
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I booked a table a week ago to celebrate my husbands birthday. We went out in torrential rain, dressed up only to discover that we had been allocated a table which was for collection of take away. We said we were not happy to accept this table only to be informed that they used these tables at the weekends. I am afraid this restaurant has become greedy it has forgotten about its customers and thinks only in pound signs. We walked out, took a taxi home and ordered a take away from somewhere else. I refuse to ever visit this restaurant again.

2  Thank Karen P
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The building is like a reverse TARDIS - it looks bigger on the outside than it is on the inside!
Good food, reasonable prices, friendly and welcoming staff. I've been here several times now and haven't been disappointed.

(Try the thali - great way to have a bit of everything without actually ordering enough food to feed an army!)

1  Thank kendrafortune
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Have been here several times over the years, mainly for business related meals and celebrations. Never disappointed in either quality of food or service.

1  Thank Pebbly133