Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
£71
jamesgazeley2023
Mazamet, France

Friendly,efficient and convenient

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Nov 2023
Great hotel if you want to visit Maidstone, parked the car easily and walked everywhere in town. Not far at all. Staff were brilliant,friendly and efficient. Great nights sleep for the weekend. 2nd year we’ve stayed here for a weekend visit to see family, will definitely use in the future
Date of stay: November 2023
    £198
9.2 miles from Travelodge Maidstone Central
View more hotels in Maidstone
1,258 results
All reviews asda car park river view town centre travel lodge limited parking budget hotel central location top floor great stay comfortable stay bed was very comfortable reception staff short stay dawn sam kai medway
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 November 2023

I’m not sure what stars to give this. My third stay at this hotel I checked in on 29 October. All was normal, staff friendly and the room spotless and comfortable.

Just before 0H30 on 30 October I woke up with my hotel room door clicking and the light from the passage shining in. I screamed bloody murder and profanities. I heard a woman’s voice and the door closed. It took me a few moments to gather myself and find the number for reception which I called (0H32 in my call register) A woman answered and I said who I was and from
What room. She identified herself as the manager and said it was her entering my room as she was unaware anyone was in there!!! She DID NOT apologise and was more offended by my reaction!!!

I left for work early on the 30th and sent an email to Travelodge detailing this to which I have had no response as yet.

Coming back to the hotel on the evening of the 30th after work I spoke to reception. Helpful on the face of it, but also not helpful. I explained the whole situation and he suggested I try and catch the manager the following morning. I barricaded myself into my room on this night.

The next morning I missed the manager again. The receptionist from the day before didn’t offer to take my details to get the manager to contact me.

I am extremely uncomfortable with what happened and I will not be staying in this hotel again as I don’t believe it is safe. Simply put, if this was a genuine mistake (at half past midnight?) Surely the next shift would have been told of this for in case the issue was raised, it wasn’t. If it was a genuine error, surely you would contact the customer to apologise, no-one has. I fear that this may have been more nefarious.

An update. The manager Christine was and is absolutely awful. She wouldn’t let me talk, claims it was her whom I spoke to and it was her that entered my room. I didn’t want a refund, I wanted to know how and why this happened, all she could say was that she thought the room
Was empty. When I asked what if there was en emergency situation, she said they would have seen on the system that the room was not empty, so I pushed again and asked why did she think it was empty if she could look it up on the system. She shouted over me and refused to answer. To not deal with her anymore I asked for a refund, which isn’t what I wanted - I really wanted to know how this happened. I told her she is lying about the events, and twisting what happened. No-one should be entering your hotel room. She ended the call by telling me to not stay at the travelodge group hotels again.

Room tip: If you can’t avoid and you have to interact with the manager, Christine, ensure that you have a witness to her unprofessional conduct.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2023

We were a party of 4 in 2 rooms, both perfectly adequate for our needs. The receptionist on duty kindly changed our allocated room from floor 5 to floor 2 and was most helpful all the time. Food was very good if a bit overpriced for breakfast, in my opinion. There is a limit to how much one can eat at one meal, I probably consumed about £4 max. in value rather than £ 9.50.

Reviewed 31 October 2023

Normally, i get put in Travelodges with my work as cheap and easy but they go above and beyond here. Whenever I stay the customer service is amazing and all staff are extremely friendly. Normally when I check in on a Monday I’m greeted by Terence who is always on hand to help out when needed and even does the little things to engage with small talk which helps in regards to customer service and has even taken the time to learn my name and which is nice as it has created a very inviting feel to the hotel which I don’t get elsewhere to be honest . Rooms are always clean and never had a bad experience in the 5 months i’ve stayed here on and off. In the summer it can get a bit hot in the room but never really found this to be a problem because they provide fans in every room from what i’ve seen. Water pressure is also amazing in comparison to most hotels and food is always a fast well presented meal. Perfect walking distance from the town and other eateries if you fancy something different.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2023

Warm welcome and overall willingness to ensure the customer has a pleasant and stressless stay. Had problem with WiFi initially but helpful staff immediately sorted the problem out. Enjoyed being able to have our daughter and 2 grandchildren to join us for breakfast one morning and kids eat free!

Reviewed 30 October 2023

What a lovely hotel staff so friendly and made me feel so welcome as i was down her on a family wedding, i had a lovely room looking over the river. The room was warm and very comfortable. The breakfast was lovely aswell, i will be recommended this hotel to all my friends.

• Trip type: Travelled solo