Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
£27
Multiple ways to pay
Trip.com
1,247 results
All reviews asda car park river view town centre travel lodge limited parking budget hotel central location top floor great stay comfortable stay bed was very comfortable reception staff short stay dawn sam kai medway
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 November 2023

From check in to check out everything was easy and comfortable. Room was clean and staff friendly. The breakfast was good with a great selection. The barman was very friendly and the service as a whole was excellent. Would stay here again.

Reviewed 11 November 2023

Had a brilliant stay. Terrance and Kai were absolutely incredible. Our knights in shining armour. Terrance is so chatty and bubbly every time we walked in and took the time to get to know us. They brightened up our days every time we walked in after work. Kai was very lovely and always there to look after us and chat to us. The best stay ever

From the people who called you Trevor and the “little girls” in the bar

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2023

Great hotel if you want to visit Maidstone, parked the car easily and walked everywhere in town. Not far at all. Staff were brilliant,friendly and efficient. Great nights sleep for the weekend. 2nd year we’ve stayed here for a weekend visit to see family, will definitely use in the future

Reviewed 3 November 2023

I’m not sure what stars to give this. My third stay at this hotel I checked in on 29 October. All was normal, staff friendly and the room spotless and comfortable.

Just before 0H30 on 30 October I woke up with my hotel room door clicking and the light from the passage shining in. I screamed bloody murder and profanities. I heard a woman’s voice and the door closed. It took me a few moments to gather myself and find the number for reception which I called (0H32 in my call register) A woman answered and I said who I was and from
What room. She identified herself as the manager and said it was her entering my room as she was unaware anyone was in there!!! She DID NOT apologise and was more offended by my reaction!!!

I left for work early on the 30th and sent an email to Travelodge detailing this to which I have had no response as yet.

Coming back to the hotel on the evening of the 30th after work I spoke to reception. Helpful on the face of it, but also not helpful. I explained the whole situation and he suggested I try and catch the manager the following morning. I barricaded myself into my room on this night.

The next morning I missed the manager again. The receptionist from the day before didn’t offer to take my details to get the manager to contact me.

I am extremely uncomfortable with what happened and I will not be staying in this hotel again as I don’t believe it is safe. Simply put, if this was a genuine mistake (at half past midnight?) Surely the next shift would have been told of this for in case the issue was raised, it wasn’t. If it was a genuine error, surely you would contact the customer to apologise, no-one has. I fear that this may have been more nefarious.

An update. The manager Christine was and is absolutely awful. She wouldn’t let me talk, claims it was her whom I spoke to and it was her that entered my room. I didn’t want a refund, I wanted to know how and why this happened, all she could say was that she thought the room
Was empty. When I asked what if there was en emergency situation, she said they would have seen on the system that the room was not empty, so I pushed again and asked why did she think it was empty if she could look it up on the system. She shouted over me and refused to answer. To not deal with her anymore I asked for a refund, which isn’t what I wanted - I really wanted to know how this happened. I told her she is lying about the events, and twisting what happened. No-one should be entering your hotel room. She ended the call by telling me to not stay at the travelodge group hotels again.

Room tip: If you can’t avoid and you have to interact with the manager, Christine, ensure that you have a witness to her unprofessional conduct.
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2023

We were a party of 4 in 2 rooms, both perfectly adequate for our needs. The receptionist on duty kindly changed our allocated room from floor 5 to floor 2 and was most helpful all the time. Food was very good if a bit overpriced for breakfast, in my opinion. There is a limit to how much one can eat at one meal, I probably consumed about £4 max. in value rather than £ 9.50.

Date of stay: October 2023