“Amazing value”

Hilton Maidstone
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Maidstone
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel last year as a treat for my Wife for Mothers day with our daughter the level of service was excellent the hotel was very clean and comfortable our room was first class we also loved the bar and restaurant. In fact we enjoyed it so much we are going back for this coming Easter break for not much more than a budget hotel the Hilton Maidstone offers amazing value.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear David,

Thank you for your review and for remembering us! Great to read your comments and indeed that you will be back, we look forward to welcoming you and your family. Please drop me a comment card at the end to let me know how your stay was.

Have a happy Easter.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Our experience at the Hilton started badly. Two other people were being checked in by the two front desk staff and for some reason this took almost 15 minutes. Other members of staff at the desk weren't checking people in so a long and tedious wait.

As a frequent guest at Hilton hotels I have set my room preferences as high, quiet room away from elevators. For some preverse reasons Hiltons in the UK offer me a ground floor room near the lifts or fire doors and this was no exception.

Not wishing to waste another 15 minutes we didn't bother returning to the front desk and settled in. Room is OK but very noisy - voices in the corridor and outside in the patio area could be clearly heard.

Everything was OK until about 10PM when our upstairs neighbours returned to their room with their children. The kids proceeded to run around the room shouting and screaming until the early hours when we were assaulted by the noise of several very drunk people wandering up and down the corridor shouting.

The kids upstairs started again about 6AM so we had virtually no sleep. Definitely not somewhere to stay if you need to sleep so we won't be returning.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear reviewer,
I am sorry to read that other guests disturbed your stay. You don’t mention in your review whether you notified our front desk or not, however I am sure they would have done something about it if you had.
Regarding your room type request, unfortunately not always there will be a room available that fulfils all requirements, in which case the hotel team will have to make a decision on which one they believe comes the closest to it.
Therefore it might be a good idea that, either prior to your arrival or at check in, you double check what type of room you have been allocated. Further to your comments, I am sure the team members you saw at the reception were either trainees or from another department doing financial or admin checks.
Please accept my apologies for not having been able to meet your expectations, I do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone, I am confident we can provide you with an enjoyable guest experience to change your perception.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Lovely hotel- brilliant staff- fantastic room and best service. The breakfast is amazing and has so much choice.

I only wish I could have packed the bed in my suitcase and taken it home!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Dear Danielle,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your positive experience, I am glad you enjoyed it.

We hope to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Went to this hilton hotel on tuesday 6th march, we were greeted with a genuine smile from a helpful member of staff. The room was clean, tidy and most of all warm and quiet.We went to the restaurant that evening, again staff polite and helpful. The meals were great value and very good. Breakfast was a treat and i now will have to diet . we stayed for two nights and would recommend this hotel for anybody wishing to a short break.

Room Tip: Room 222 was quiet
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Caroline,

Thank you for your review and recomendation, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Hi, we had a party of 11 at the hotel yesterday we stayed over and arranged a table in their restaurant. We were left for 10 minutes before any sign of the waiter and then when he did appear he could hardly speak english and could not understand our orders! We finally ordered and the waited 40 minutes for our drinks. Another ten minutes for our starters that were nothing better than average. Another 40 minutes later our main meals arrived with two meals being cold, the steak and the duck! The assistant manger then came over to apologise but I really did not want another meal, yes the manager kept insisting but i sill said no. We waited another 40 minutes for the desserts which we had to chase up. Overall, really poor and despite trying to do all the right things the assistant manager made things worse by not even checking our bill before issuing it to us - one main too many one starter too many and expected me to pay for the duck! Very very poor for a supposed Hilton hotel. The hotel itself was very pleasant and rooms good and the bar staff tried. Breakfast in the morning was excellent to finish a very poor stay on a high. The food spoilt my fathers 70th birthday celebration!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Dear Steve,
Thank you for letting us know that you found our hotel “very pleasant, the rooms good and the breakfast excellent”. I am also happy to read that the team tried everything they could to meet your expectations; however I am sorry that their best efforts were not enough for you in this occasion. Please accept my apologies and rest assured that your feedback has been heard and shared with the team.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone, I am confident that we can provide a fulfilling customer experience in all aspects of our service.

Reviewed 3 March 2012

Little bit late posting this, but stayed for one night in December.

Found the hotel to be very clean and the staff to be pleasant.
The room was of a decent size, clean and in good order.

The breakfast was the typically good Hilton variety, with plenty of
choices.

Would definitely stay again when I'm back in Maidstone.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank moodyb

Dear Moodyb,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your positive feedback and indeed for not forgetting us! I will let the team know about your review.
Also good to read that you will be back, we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 3 March 2012

attended a conference here; I was only there for the afternoon, so can't make any comment on the accommodation. However, I was astonished to find - when almost every pub, cafe and coffee shop in the land can manage to provide it for free! - that guests and visitors have to pay to use the wifi; I found this particularly mean-spirited as I had just been charged £3.50 for a very indifferent cup of coffee whilst I waited 10 minutes or so for my colleagues.
To add insult to injury, I was charged (at Reception, the only place, it seemed, where I could buy cigarettes) £7.50 for a packet of B&H (from a very limited choice) - and then to find, after I'd paid, it was one of those vending packs containing only 16 cigarettes.
After the conference ended, 2 colleagues and I ordered some drinks (only water, nothing complicated) while we had a 30-minute debrief in the lounge area. Despite the fact that the place was by now practically desterted, the drinks never arrived.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear reviewer,

I am sorry that you were not aware, however we do charge for our services.

Hotel Manger

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidstone
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
#13 of 17 in Maidstone
Grange Moor Hotel
Grange Moor Hotel
#15 of 17 in Maidstone

Been to Hilton Maidstone? Share your experiences!