“Beautiful Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sheffield
“Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

We had two lovely nights in the Hilton in Maidstone, for a friends wedding. The setting is lovely, not too far from the city centre and quite close to the beautiful Turkey Mill, where we attended the wedding. There is ample parking and check in was quick and friendly. The rooms are excellent, with comfy beds and plenty of space. We had an exec room with dressing gowns etc. All the staff were very friendly and courteous. The pool and Gym facilities are among the best I have seen, particularly the pool, which is a good size, and for once it was quite warm!! Breakfast was excellent, with good choices and very good, fresh quality. If I had one critisism, it would be the price of drinks from the bar, but I guess thats just hotel pricing!! We had a bit of a wait at checkout, as the computers went down, but this didn't take away from a very enjoyable stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and will definately return again soon.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor close to the pool which was far enough away from the bar.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Dear kevg,
Thank you for your review, the good comments and high scores. I am happy to read that you had a good time with us, I am sorry for the IT hiccup at check-out, thank you for your understanding and patience.
Also great to see that you will be back, we look forward to it.
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

We had a very nice stay at this hotel. The staff are - on the whole - friendly and helpful. The breakfast is probably one of the best breakfast buffets I have had in this country and they have a waffle machine to make your own waffles! Genius!

The swimming pool - although a little chilly - is a good size and the jacuzzi is adequate although it's on its own timer so you have no control on whether its bubbly or not.

Our regular room was a good size with a desk, sofa area and a comfortable bed. All areas of the hotel are clean.

To get 5 stars the hotel need to sort out their maintainance. The ceiling in our bathroom had a red line across it with exposed rawl plugs where a shower screen had been taken away. There is a wall in the restaurant which has big chips out of it, the restaurant ceiling has undecorated repairs and there are several light bulbs in the restaurant and swimming pool which have expired so if these things bother you then don't stay here. Further - the main road is very noisy so if you are a light sleeper ask for a room facing the garden.

Overall I think you could do a lot worse than stay here, especially if you can get a good rate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear Davey,
Thank you for your review and recommendation. I am glad that you were happy with the service, food and overall you enjoyed your stay but I am sorry that we did not meet 100% of your expectations. I can assure you that we have a dedicated maintenance team, unfortunately in an intensively used building, maintenance is a never ending task, the marks on the ceiling of the bathroom, for example, are from the old shower rails that we are half way from upgrading for chromed curved ones, it was more effective to get them all up first just filling the holes and then go back touching up the marks afterwards, I am sorry that it caught your attention.
We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.
Braintree, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel last year as a treat for my Wife for Mothers day with our daughter the level of service was excellent the hotel was very clean and comfortable our room was first class we also loved the bar and restaurant. In fact we enjoyed it so much we are going back for this coming Easter break for not much more than a budget hotel the Hilton Maidstone offers amazing value.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear David,

Thank you for your review and for remembering us! Great to read your comments and indeed that you will be back, we look forward to welcoming you and your family. Please drop me a comment card at the end to let me know how your stay was.

Have a happy Easter.

Egham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Our experience at the Hilton started badly. Two other people were being checked in by the two front desk staff and for some reason this took almost 15 minutes. Other members of staff at the desk weren't checking people in so a long and tedious wait.

As a frequent guest at Hilton hotels I have set my room preferences as high, quiet room away from elevators. For some preverse reasons Hiltons in the UK offer me a ground floor room near the lifts or fire doors and this was no exception.

Not wishing to waste another 15 minutes we didn't bother returning to the front desk and settled in. Room is OK but very noisy - voices in the corridor and outside in the patio area could be clearly heard.

Everything was OK until about 10PM when our upstairs neighbours returned to their room with their children. The kids proceeded to run around the room shouting and screaming until the early hours when we were assaulted by the noise of several very drunk people wandering up and down the corridor shouting.

The kids upstairs started again about 6AM so we had virtually no sleep. Definitely not somewhere to stay if you need to sleep so we won't be returning.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear reviewer,
I am sorry to read that other guests disturbed your stay. You don’t mention in your review whether you notified our front desk or not, however I am sure they would have done something about it if you had.
Regarding your room type request, unfortunately not always there will be a room available that fulfils all requirements, in which case the hotel team will have to make a decision on which one they believe comes the closest to it.
Therefore it might be a good idea that, either prior to your arrival or at check in, you double check what type of room you have been allocated. Further to your comments, I am sure the team members you saw at the reception were either trainees or from another department doing financial or admin checks.
Please accept my apologies for not having been able to meet your expectations, I do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone, I am confident we can provide you with an enjoyable guest experience to change your perception.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Lovely hotel- brilliant staff- fantastic room and best service. The breakfast is amazing and has so much choice.

I only wish I could have packed the bed in my suitcase and taken it home!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear Danielle,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your positive experience, I am glad you enjoyed it.

We hope to welcoming you back in the near future.

Watton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

Went to this hilton hotel on tuesday 6th march, we were greeted with a genuine smile from a helpful member of staff. The room was clean, tidy and most of all warm and quiet.We went to the restaurant that evening, again staff polite and helpful. The meals were great value and very good. Breakfast was a treat and i now will have to diet . we stayed for two nights and would recommend this hotel for anybody wishing to a short break.

Room Tip: Room 222 was quiet
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Caroline,

Thank you for your review and recomendation, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back soon.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Hi, we had a party of 11 at the hotel yesterday we stayed over and arranged a table in their restaurant. We were left for 10 minutes before any sign of the waiter and then when he did appear he could hardly speak english and could not understand our orders! We finally ordered and the waited 40 minutes for our drinks. Another ten minutes for our starters that were nothing better than average. Another 40 minutes later our main meals arrived with two meals being cold, the steak and the duck! The assistant manger then came over to apologise but I really did not want another meal, yes the manager kept insisting but i sill said no. We waited another 40 minutes for the desserts which we had to chase up. Overall, really poor and despite trying to do all the right things the assistant manager made things worse by not even checking our bill before issuing it to us - one main too many one starter too many and expected me to pay for the duck! Very very poor for a supposed Hilton hotel. The hotel itself was very pleasant and rooms good and the bar staff tried. Breakfast in the morning was excellent to finish a very poor stay on a high. The food spoilt my fathers 70th birthday celebration!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear Steve,
Thank you for letting us know that you found our hotel “very pleasant, the rooms good and the breakfast excellent”. I am also happy to read that the team tried everything they could to meet your expectations; however I am sorry that their best efforts were not enough for you in this occasion. Please accept my apologies and rest assured that your feedback has been heard and shared with the team.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone, I am confident that we can provide a fulfilling customer experience in all aspects of our service.
Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Maidstone hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidstone
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
The Townhouse Hotel
#10 of 15 in Maidstone
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel

Been to Hilton Maidstone? Share your experiences!