“Couldn't of been happier”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Maidstone

Hilton Maidstone
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Maidstone
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chatham, United Kingdom
“Couldn't of been happier”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone without hesitation. From the minute we walked in all the way through to checking out, everything was better than expected. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful, (Particularly the young girl with long blonde hair working on Saturday 14th at about 4pm and on Sunday morning!)We booked a double family room which was perfectly clean and very spacious. A massive thank you for the complimentary upgrade!

We used the gym, pool, jacuzzi and steam room which was a lovely way to spend a Saturday afternoon! The staff in the bar and restaurant were very helpful and we were very happy with breakfast... particularly the waffles!

Nothing was too much trouble, we even asked if we could check out late and again that was no problem. Car parking is free and it is only about a 5-10 min drive into Maidstone so location is perfect.

If you are thinking of staying here then I really wouldn’t think twice... I will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: We had a room very near the pool which was great as you would just pop for a swim! I would recommend...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Charlotte,
Thank you for taking the time to compliment and recommend the Hilton Maidstone. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay and we exceeded your expectations. Your compliments have been shared and the team was delighted to hear about it.
Better still that you will definitely return, we are looking forward to welcoming you back.
Regards,
Leonardo Gagliano
Hotel General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

I stayed at this Hotel on a weekend trip to Rochester market
The Hotel was clean. and bright , The Bedroom was really good Clean and well maintained The Few Staff I saw were friendly and Helpful
The food was good quality The only problem I found in this Hotel was after each course the dishes were not removed after 3 course you had dishes stacked all around this was both Evening Meal and Break fast .I have stayed in many Hiltons and have never experienced this before It spoiled what would have been a perfect Hotel

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
BIRMINGHAM, ENGLAND
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

We stayed this hotel the night before we took the euro tunnel to Calais. This hotel is about 30mins from the eurotunnel and is a nice hotel. We were warmly welcomed and our hotel room was very nice. We would definately return.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hastings
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

We were very impressed to get such a reasonably priced room at a Hilton hotel. The lady at the desk was very polite on arrival and asked if we needed help with our luggage as there is no lift. Our room was very spacious and clean with a lovely sized bathroom. I couldn't find the fluffy bathrobes they'd mentioned on their website though. We enjoyed a drink in our room, (I was advised they charge a £3.50 tray charge- but when in Rome!) We ventured down to the bar in the evening and was greeted by a lovely bar-tender who made us feel most welcome. We decided to eat in the Seasons resturant and I'm very glad we did, we both had a t-bone steak which was cooked beautifully! The next morning we enjoyed a lovely breakfast, ours was not included in the room price but we were offered a 'special pre-booking' price of £10.95pp on check-in, an offer well worth taking advantage of as a full English is £16.95 on the day!! The facilities are brilliant, I enjoyed the gym before we both had a dip in the spa.

My only complaint is about the bed itself. It was very creaky and uncomfortable, the mattress was very thin and offered no support, we both woke up with back ache.

Other than this, a fantastic stay.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
maidstone
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

We arrived at 1.45pm for lunch but unfortunately there had been a private function and conference and we were too late. There was a menu at the front, which I thought was for lunch, in actual fact it was for dinner, I can't remember seeing Dinner Menu on it. We stayed for a night and the reception staff were very helpful as stairs are difficult for me, and they put us in a room near the lounge on the ground floor. I'm afraid I find it rather irritating that the Wifi was not free in the bedrooms, and you had to secure a code for the lounge and bar area, which was valid for 1 hour. We have recently stayed in a hotel in Tunbridge Wells and this facility is free throughout the hotel, come on Hilton powers that be, change this ruling, if you stay in the hotel it should be free. The hotel is spotlessly clean and the staff friendly and courteous. The barrier has had to be put in, a case of a few spoiling it for the rest, by parking cars there without using the hotel facilities.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Kent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

We had a 'double double' room. Our 'Xmas do' was held here on a Thursday night when they do multiple bookings. I enjoyed my stay very much and recommend this hotel overall; but a few picky bits. I'll start with the parking. I was confused on arrival to be met with a barrier as when I have been here for a conference type event it was straightforward, just drive in and park - things have changed. I appreciate the pressures on car parking but this hotel is a little out of town and it was confusing. I didn't pay as an overnight guest but had to get a ticket from the barrier, get it validated at reception on departure then put it in a machine in reception and then by some kind of black magic the barrier lifted on approach and let me out. Not sure what I would feel if I was a function guest and had to pay for the privilege. My other gripe was internet. Why oh why in a chain like this when you get a desk and office chair in your room as standard isn't there free WiFi? It was free in the lobby but that really isn't good enough.
Having said that - the room was very good. Really nice toiletries, mending kit, robes and slippers, iron, safe...all I could want. And a fan and heater! yeah! I was as warm as toast..lovely. Spacious, clean and good ambient lighting. A happy customer. We had a good Christmas meal considering the numbers they cooked for and the price paid. I liked this hotel.

Room Tip: No lift so ask for a ground floor room if that is an issue
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Sumter, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

While we only stayed one night, the hotel staff were super. The entrance lobby was welcoming, and our room was spacious and comfortable. Following my return to the U.S., I realized that I had inadvertently left a new pair of shoes in my room. Claudia quickly arranged for their return to me for a very reasonable shipping charge. Hilton is represented well in Maidstone!

Room Tip: Since the property has no elevators, a stay on the ground floor is advisable. However, the staff wil...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank palmettotraveler11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidstone
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
#10 of 15 in Maidstone
The Black Horse Inn
The Black Horse Inn
#1 of 1 in Thurnham

Been to Hilton Maidstone? Share your experiences!