“Birthday treat”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“Birthday treat”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Bar staff and front office staff especially made our stay a memorable one. Although all the staff where helpful and courteous. Accommodation was perfect for us and good value for money. Breakfast was comprehensive although the tea was as weak as it usually is in hotels. Overall we had a great time and will stay again, next month on my wife's birthday.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Anthony,
Thank you for your feedback, our team and I are delighted that we helped your celebration to be a special occasion and particularly happy to learn that you will be back for more.
I have shared your review with the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Maidstone and to hear that we got the tea right.
Hotel General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

The hilton is not the most luxurious, nice looking or most popular hotel in maidstone, but it does what it says on the tin...
I attented a meeting at the hotel and realised it was the same room inhad been in before for a wedding and it looked exactly the same.
The hilton is not a bad hotel but its certainly not the best. I have to admit that every double room i have ever booked has been incredibly spacious, with telly and coffee making facilities ready.
The double rooms also always had TWO double beds in the same room, almost as if the family rooms, doubles and triples are all the same.
So if your just looking for a pillow to put your head on for the night, I suppose this will do?

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear reviewer,
Thank you for your review, feedback and recommendation. I am pleased that you seem to overall enjoy your stays with us but a bit disappointed that we missed twice the opportunity to exceed your expectation, my apologies for that.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone, I am confident from the majority of our guests’ feedback that we can provide leading in the industry service.
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014

First I would like to say that all the staff we dealt with throughout our stay were helpful and cheerful and a credit to you. However I was surprised that my high expectations of a Hilton named hotel was badly let down with the decor in this hotel especially in our bedroom.The room itself was roomy with good facilities, but it looked tired, worn and sadly the curtains, carpet and sofa looked grubby. The bathroom also looked old and we had to fiddle to work the shower properly. The toilet also didn't flush well. I noticed that the carpets along the corridors also looked grubby. I was surprised to be woken up with what sounded like a drill going? I think this hotel is in bad need of updating regarding its decor. I would like to say that the breakfast was very good with a good variety and the staff again working looked after us guests very well.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Nanajojo,
Thank you for your constructive feedback. I am happy to read your praises to the team and service, thank you for that. Nevertheless I can only apologise for our decor not meeting your expectations.
I can assure you that we are continuously maintaining and upgrading our hotel, there were more than £250K invested last year alone and as I type this response, 20 rooms are being redecorated, further to that there are also redecoration and upgrade jobs scheduled in the lobby, bar area and restaurant to be carried out before the end of February. My apologies these were not ready yet during your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone and indeed to hear that our investment and efforts have met your expectations
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2014

A clean impressive and practical hotel. The staff are always smiling and approachable. This hotel is very popular hosting external business and company away days, but they cope with this very well in terms of space, facilities and catering. The only down side is that the drinks in the bar are too expensive. The rooms are nice and there's plenty of parking.

Dear Ranjit,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary review about the Hilton Maidstone. Please note for reference next time you are back that we always run bar specials promotions, I am sure you will find them great value.

We look forwards to welcoming you back.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel, like most Hilton's is a much of a muchness! The rooms I have stayed in here are a lot bigger than most, but more expensive. My one qualm with this hotel is the over zealous cleaners - I do not think it's appropriate to knock on a door at 9am for cleaning when check out isn't until 12!
I also was quite annoyed to have left a small make up bag behind - I know I did because it's on the table in a photograph taken two minutes before I left the room. After calling the hotel only two hours later no one could help and it was never returned to me!
I didn't stay to use the restaurant or facilities of this hotel, preferring the busy nightlife Maidstone has to offer, but had a look at the leisure area and it seems again that this is the bit that hilton do best!

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Lavania1407
Dear Lavania,
Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by the cleaner trying to service your room, please rest assured that this has been brought to the head housekeeper attention for retraining to be undertaken. Our team deals with any issues brought to their attention professionally and without delay, therefore my colleagues were, like I am, very surprised with your comments, since I could not find specific records of it I cannot comment further but only appologise.
I am confident from the majority of our guests’ feedback that we can provide great hospitality and I am sure we can change your perception if you give us another chance and the pleasure to welcoming you back to our hotel next time you are in the area.
Dartford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed here for a work function but I really enjoyed my stay. My room was quite large. I had a very comfortable bed and my buffet breakfast was lovely. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone needing to stay in the area.

Dear Kat,
Thank you for taking the time to recommend the Hilton Maidstone, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you again.
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I reviewed this hotel a few months ago and I feel it is just right to revisit my comments. The service has improved a lot, the food is much better and there have been no problems in my stay here. As a Hilton diamond member, I will continue staying there as it now meets my needs as a business traveller. Fantastic service by the two star members Janet and Christos, they are like family to me when I stay there. Great hotel manager Leo, he gets involved and is driven to make his hotel the best it can be. Full marks.

Dear Tom,
Thank you for taking the time to write a follow up review about the Hilton Maidstone, it is much appreciated. I am sure I speak on behalf of the whole team when I say that having you back means a lot to us. Rest assure that Janet and Christos have received special recognition for having been named in your review.
We look forward to seeing you back again.
Hotel General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidstone
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
The Townhouse Hotel
#10 of 15 in Maidstone
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel

Been to Hilton Maidstone? Share your experiences!