Hilton Maidstone
Detling Coachhouse(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$98
US$80
Premier Inn Maidstone Town Centre Hotel(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
US$86
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Maidstone (Sandling) Hotel(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
US$92
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Maidstone (Allington) Hotel(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
US$86
1,746 results
All reviewstwo double bedsgood sizeswimming poolroom was largechannel tunnelsteam roomweekend breakreception staffone night staybreakfast was excellentevening mealgood nights sleepplenty of parkingfamily roomleisure facilitiesgymmotorway
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed here for a weekend away and was disappointed. Hilton hotels in general need a makeover, but the hilton Maidstone had some strange set up in the room such as all the lights being controlled solely by one switch so you either had the overhead and all side lights on or darkness!

The bed was way too hard and felt like sleeping on a piece of wood plus only a thin summer duvet was provided which being in England probably would not have been enough in July never mind February and what's the deal with the lack of pillows!!

The most surprising aspect was the unfriendly and quite rude desk staff. On checking in the receptionist had the cheek to question our booking, after which she actually called us in our room a few minutes after we went up to apologise; rightly so.

Overall, the hotel needs a dusting and the staff need customer service training.

• Stayed: February 2014
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Casw,
Thank you for your review and constructive feedback. I am disappointed to read your review and sorry that our industry leading standards do not meet your expectations. I have no explanation for your comments about blankets, as we provide duvets as standard in every room; the only thing I can think of is that your requested blankets by mistake during the booking process, because we only provide them on specific request. Further to your comments, I am sorry that the 2 pillows per person, which we provide as standard, also don’t meet your expectations.
Please accept my apologies for the confusion at check in, I am glad that our receptionist called you to apologise once the mistake was detected.
We do hope and look forward to have another chance to welcome you back, as I am confident from the feedback of the majority of our guests that we are able to provide world class hospitality that will change your opinion about our hotel.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I was at the Hilton for work. The location is off the highway which was convenient. The first they offered was on the street side and was quite loud. They were happy to switch the room to an interior one after I requested. The room was outdated. I did not enjoy the mattress not the pillows. It was certainly not a good sleep. I wouldn't stay here again.

One thing that annoyed the team was that we requested rooms without putting a deposit. Hilton still took the deposit. After complaining to the manager, they didn't do anything about it.

Breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Request rooms not on the street
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Angelina,
Thank you for your review and constructive feedback. I am pleased that you found our location convenient and enjoyed our breakfast, nevertheless I am sorry that overall we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my apologies that our bed and pillows were not to your taste, despite being brand new and in keeping with Hilton international standards. I am also sorry that our decoration was not to your taste.
Deposit must be taken and that is industry, I am sorry this was not explained to you in a way that you could understand, this is not something that the manager you spoke to could have done anything about, however I must apologise that the manager did not come back to you, please rest assured that this has been discussed with our team member and should not happen again.
I do hope that you will give us another change next time you are in Kent, I am confident from the feedback of the majority of our guests that we can provide world class hospitality that will restore your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

reception staff very friendly and welcoming and checked us in with no problem at all, the room is very clean and spacious lovely overlooking the garden. The breakfast was lovely as well and the staff very helpul. I would defo recommend this hotel to friends and family and will return to stay in the future! thank you!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about and recommend the Hilton Maidstone. We look forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Maidstone.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

All in all Hilton Maidstone is a nice hotel. Food is excellent and the staff are friendly, couldn't ask for more. The reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5 is purely down to the cost of drinks, far too expensive.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Woodford,
Thank you for your review and constructive feedback. Please note that we always run drink promotions that are great value for money, you may want to ask about it next time you visit us. We look forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Maidstone.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Check in was prompt, polite, pleasant and no hassle at all. Very welcoming.
Booked a standard room (169) and it was huge :-) room was also very clean and tidy, warm and welcoming.
Bathroom was lovely- big and light with lots of space and mirrors, I loved it. It was also very clean, as was the hotel and restaurant throughout.

We ordered room service in the evening which was reasonably priced, very prompt and very tasty. Full marks here indeed as despite forgetting our cutlery initially, one quick pleasant call and we had it in our hands within a minute.

Breakfast was a little pricey but delicious and served with a helpful attitude and a smile....in fact all the staff, even the trainees who did make little errors were lovely- quick to apologise for and rectify swiftly any issues (such as the key card being locked at noon instead of our late checkout time of three, necessitating a quick walk back to reception as we needed the toilet haha.)

The only thing I would mention to others is to check how comfortable the bed is before ur too tired to care! My husband and I finally went to bed about one am, realised the gorgeously large bad was a bit hard but was too tired to get back up! I have no doubt that had we been bothered to alert the reception staff, if it had been too bad to fall asleep on, that they would have been happy to help us there and then. We have already booked to stay again and this is the one thing we will be checking this time ;-)

Check out was again, excellent.

No idea about the leisure suite.....yet!

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Kennedy,
Thank you for your review and constructive feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. Sorry for the trainee’s oversights and thank you for your understanding. Sorry you did not enjoy the mattress, you are right; if you bring it to our team attention we can try and improve it for you.
Shame you did not have the chance to use our award winner club but I am glad that you and your husband will be back, we look forward to welcoming you again to the Hilton Maidstone.