“Dont book Luxury Suite Waste of Money”
Review of Hilton Maidstone

Hilton Maidstone
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Maidstone
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Maidstone for a weekend away together and thought we would treat ourselves to the Luxuary Suite with it advertised beatiful bathroom, and a Jacuzzi bath. When we arrived we where a little disappointed, as Maidstone Hilton only have 1 Suite room on site, it looked tired, the basin in the bathroom was all worn away and chipped. Only two of the jets in the bath worked so a waste of time. We also had a investation of Ants in the bathroom which were falling in the bath crawling all around the basin area. The room dosent have any air conditioning, only two fans placed in the room which was extremly hot and next to the swimming pool, where you could constantly smell the chlorine. Also the noise during the day as their is a building site outside the window next to the hotel. The hotel tried to fix the ant problem but this room simply is not worth the money and not as advertised. The breakfast was very good and would recommend the food at the Chiten Hundreds we walked up there twice for food in one day.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Paul,
Thank you for your review and constructive feedback. I am disappointed to read that you had issues with your room. I have checked it personally and can confirm that redecoration, including replacement of the basin has been carried out and the spa bath fixed. Further to your review comments, I can confirm that pest control has already been to the hotel and conducted thorough fumigation of our premises.
I am sorry that the smell of the swimming pool has inconvenienced you; the health club team have been spoken to about your review and instructed to be more careful with the fire door towards the guests’ rooms. I am also sorry that you did not find the fans provided enough to ease the heat in your room. Although yours was the first complaint about the building works at the back of the hotel, we have spoken to the contractors and made them aware of it, this is a prefabricated structure and the noise is mostly minimal and kept at day light hours, nevertheless I am sorry it has inconvenienced you.
I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and do hope you will give us another chance next time you are in Kent, I am sure from the majority of our guests’ feedback that we can provide world class hospitality. We forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.
Hotel General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,709)

Reviewed 19 March 2014

This is a quiet place although only a few metres from the M20. This was the second time I have stayed here in the last few months. Very pleasant, helpful staff. Excellent breakfast. No free wifi in the rooms, though.

Dear AB
Thank you for your positive review and indeed for your repeated custom with the Hilton Maidstone. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Please note that Internet if free in the lobby and everywhere for Hilton Honours Gold and Diamond members, I hope you have already joined the program.
My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.

Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Hilton Maidstone on a Saturday night in February 2014. I got a book in advance deal for £60 which also included breakfast. The room I had was a double double type, and it was spacious and comfortable. My friend booked later than me and he
was allocated a basic double room, which was smaller and it cost him 33% more.
Although my room was nice and standard Hilton fare, it had a connecting door, and I could hear a couple talking in the next room. I also heard a group of noisy women come back to their room about 2am, banging doors, and screaming and shouting. The room wasn't very sound proof.
The room was also boiling hot, and the temperature control not easy to operate.
The Hotel lounge area was nice and relaxing, and the bar had large screen sports on, though it was a little bright in there, unlike most Hiltons, where you can relax with dimmed spotlights. The bar serves till 2am on a Sat evening. We didn't eat in the Restaurant, as we were going into Maidstone, but both menus looked good with plenty of choice.
Room Service Breakfast was on time and plentiful.
The staff were friendly and the receptionist was very helpful ordering us a taxi to Maidstone.
The Hotel seemed quiet for a Saturday evening, apart from the loud women.
It was in a good location near the Motorway, and only a few miles from Maidstone.
I enjoyed my stay there, and would return if I was in the area, and could get a good deal again.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear CJM
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Hilton Maidstone, I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and would come back. Nevertheless I am sorry that the noise from other guests seems to have inconvenienced you. Please note for future reference that is our night team main focus to deal with this sort of issue and they would be prompt to speak to the other guests if you bring that to their attention.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

How can you consider constructing a hotel room with a bathroom fan that is noisy and never goes off and cannot be switched off! Such a hotel - and Hilton Maidstone is one - fails to meet the basic first requirement - a decent nights sleep!

1  Thank John G

Dear John
Thank you for taking the time to bring this issue to our attention. You are absolutely right that this should not be the case, however we have not have similar complaints to follow on and you don’t mention what room number you stayed, therefore I would be most grateful if you could contact advise us on that, I assure you we will rectify it straight away.
I hope this is not going to prevent you from coming back to the Hilton Maidstone next time you are in the area, we look forward to welcoming you back for a great night sleep.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I recently stayed at the Hilton as it was in a suitable location for my needs. Check in was fast and problem free. My room was fine, although the bathroom looked a little tired in places. However I was pleased to see a bath and a shower. The bed was comfortable, although I have to agree with some other reviews, that the pillows could be better! I didn't use any of the hotel facilities or eat in any of the restaurants, so can't comment on these. There was a safe, iron, portable fan and tea / coffee making facilities - but no hair dryer, which was a bit of a pain. My only other comment is that you only get an hour's free wifi, which given the cost of the room, is pretty poor in today's hotel culture. Overall, I would happily stay there again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear headtball
Thank for your review and constructive feedback, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and would come back. It is a shame that you did not eat with us or used any other of our facilities, I am sure you would have enjoyed your stay even further.
I am sorry the pillows were not to your liking and that you seem to have not found the hair dryer in the drawer, this is part of the room check list and I checked that this item is not missing in any of our rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Great location to explore the local city and surrounding area. Use d the hotel as a base to visit Maidstone and Leeds Castle, Go Ape and local area. Enjoyed it very much, the sunny weekend helped. Hotel was in a good location. Need a car to get around

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Nige,
Thank for your complimentary review, I am glad that you had a good time and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Everything at the hotel was top class and really enjoyed the buffet dinner. I hope to return here again - but would recommend to anyone as a great place to stay. The only thing annoying me now is that the review must have 200 characters minimum and I have said everything I already wanted to say

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Leanne,
Thank you for your compliments and for taking the time to write a review about the Hilton Maidstone, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, this is the sort of experience that my team and I strive to offer all of our guests.
Above all I am glad that you will be back, we forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.
Hotel General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidstone
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel
Days Inn Maidstone
Days Inn Maidstone
#14 of 17 in Maidstone

Been to Hilton Maidstone? Share your experiences!