“Great hotel for families”
Review of Hilton Maidstone

Hilton Maidstone
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Maidstone
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a night with our 2 kids (1 & 4yrs) and stayed in a twin deluxe room (2 double beds). The room was perfectly clean, very spacious and perfect for our needs. The hotel staff on reception, cleaning duty and restaurants were very friendly and helpful. The pool was ideal and staff again were great. Breakfast was also lovely. All in all, a great stay and would highly recommend for anyone to stay.

Stayed: April 2014
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Lubowest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a good review and recommend the Hilton Maidstone. The team and I were pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Loved the hotel. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was great. Super good gym and pool facilities in the hotel.Big room and quite comfortable had everything we needed for a over night stay.Definitelly will return to this hotel and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Mr B,
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review and recommending the Hilton Maidstone. I am glad read that you enjoyed our hospitality and services, as that is what we strive to deliver every day to every customer. I am sure the team will enjoy reading your review when I share it with them.
We all look forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Maidstone.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel for my sister wedding reception. Lounge, Restaurant & Bar are lovely and smart. Shame the the rooms aren't the same. They are badly in need of up dating. Shower was very poor. For the money you pay to stay there was expecting a lot more. I payed to up grade at a cost of £16.00. As a treat for my hubby. Only differents from my mums standard room was 2 pairs of slippers and 2 dressing gowns that were like sand paper. Also a bigger bed.
Don't bother up grading not worth it.....But the staff were lovely and helpful.
A very disappointed customer.

Room Tip: Don't up grade not worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Nikizac,
Thank you for your constructive review please accept my apologies that we did not meet your expectations. I am glad that you found our team helpful and our lounge bar enjoyable but I am sorry that the larger bed and extra amenities did not meet your expectations, I can assure you that the showers in the Deluxe rooms are all brand new and to the latest standards, however I am sorry that it was not to your taste.
I hope the good aspects of your stay will bring you back to the Hilton Maidstone next time you are in the area; I am confident from the majority of the feedback we get that our team can make the most of another chance and provide you with a flawless world class guest experience.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in room 102 overnight yesterday cost £150 dulux king double
Good things: lovely comfortable and large bed
Bad stuff
Peeling paint in bathroom. Bath not working shower only no hair dryer had to call up for this.
We were at a wedding reception which had to finish at mid night. We retired at 1230 all quiet then at 0045 lots of noise I got up at 0130 to find 80+ people in bar jumping partying.
This is when we also found out our room was opposite the public toilet BANG went to toilet door BANG BANG lots if screaming running drunken behaviour
Had to get dressed find manager who moved us (thank you) to room 127 sadly and inferior room with two smaller beds which is not what we paid for we excepted as it was 0200 hours by now and very tired.
WEL DONE SUNIL (not the manager)for good service and showing us the way.
Sadly by 0630 unable to settle due to small bed we returned for last hour to original room
Offers 20% off which we accepted however the whole hilton experience was pretty poor. We stayed 150 per night and went home to bed
Won't be coming back

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robert o

Dear Robert,
Thank you for your constructive feedback, I am sorry to read about the issues you had during your stay. I assure you that I have investigated it personally and the bath fixed, the bathroom has been repainted and the hair dryer replaced, further to that the person who should have ensured that it was there in the first place retrained in checking procedures.
Further to your review I am sorry that you were disturbed by other guests, I am glad that the team did their best to rectify the situation and refunded you for what could not be fixed, I am sorry that no other room of the same type you originally booked was available at the time.
I hope you will give us another chance next time you are in the area; I am confident from the majority of the feedback we get that we can provide you with a world class guest experience.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I had a most wonderful experience visiting and living in the Maidstone Hilton hotel. The rooms are spacious and clean. The food was excellent and the Chef is good and will fit in special dietary requirements easily with a smile. The waiters are exemplary and very helpful. For me especially, I was overwhelmed to notice there was a special waiter designated to ensure my meals went well. The service is excellent

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Baeti,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback. My team and I were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and were well cared for, as that is what we strive to deliver every day to every customer.
We look forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Maidstone.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely experience and would love to return! Just hope they have the days I wasn't! Lovely and clean and friendly helpful staff. Food was tasty and the coffee was amazingly deliciously strong. Room bigger than expected. Loved it here!!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Fayeeec,
Thank you for your review, we loved to read you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Maidstone.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Good Hilton, no biscuits in room - come on Hilton you are meant to be a premium brand!!!!

Why does jacuzzi switch off after 5 minutes and take 10 to start again?

Room very good and local chef and brewer good value for money

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Marcus,
Thank you for your review and constructive feedback. I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay. It is true that biscuits were dropped from standards, as they were more wasted than consumed but by all means just tell the team at check in that you like them and some will be put in your room, no problem.
I am currently investigating why there is a, 6 minutes to be precise, pause at the bubble bath, it apparently is related to preventing the system from overheating but we will reduce it as much as it is technically possible.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.
Hotel General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidstone
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel
Travelodge Maidstone Central
Travelodge Maidstone Central
#11 of 17 in Maidstone

Been to Hilton Maidstone? Share your experiences!