“"A Bit Disappointing!"”

Hilton Maidstone
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Maidstone
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We travelled to Maidstone to help our Daughter move house! The Hilton was perfectly located....just off the M20 and on the outskirts of the Town. Booking our one-night stay at short notice, via the Internet was quick and easy. We paid an extra £15 upgrade for a larger room with garden view. The room was large, comfortable and clean and very quiet. There was no individually controlled air-conditioning.....a large free-standing fan was available for hot days/nights. We found the large-sized bed incredibly uncomfortable....mattress too hard and pillows too soft.....my Wife and I had a very poor night's sleep! My Wife was not happy to find the bath/shower control "seized" on shower setting.......so had to fill her bath by running the shower, which took some time! Unusually the loo paper was the poorest quality we have come across for some time.......took us back to cheap holidays in Greece! I was also puzzled why a copy of our bill was thrust under our door in the middle of the night......surely Reception at check-out would have been more appropriate!
Breakfast was in "Seasons" main restaurant......and was very good. Staff were friendly and efficient and there was a good range of hot/cold foods......perfect to start the day!
We had an evening drink in the Bar........not fantastic! Large glass of wine was £9 and the place was so brightly lit we felt almost "on stage" under the spotlight! It was almost deserted and lacked any atmosphere.
There is a Health Club with gym and pool, which we didn't use as we were "on a mission" helping our Daughter's house move!
Overall our stay was "a bit disappointing".....it was a very convenient place for our one-night stop-over, but the Hotel felt rather "tired and dated".......perhaps future improvements are planned?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Ian,

Thank you for your constructive feedback. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations fully. It is disappointing that you found our brand new mattresses too hard, since it seems not to suit everyone’s taste we have just started last week to fit supper toppers on our deluxe rooms mattresses and will have every room in the hotel fitted with them by the end of August.

I am sorry that the pillows where not to your wife and yours taste either, we do have alternative types of pillows, it is not clear from your review if this was not offered or if your dissatisfaction was not mentioned to our team. My apologies for the issue with the shower control as well, once again it is not clear from your review if you brought it to the hotel team attention, I am sure they would have tried and fixed it during your stay.

The express check out drop is meant to be more convenient for our guests, the objective is that if you are happy with the bill, you can just sign it and drop in the express checkout box at the reception, without going through other checkout procedures. I am sorry this was not clear and inconvenienced you.

I hope you daughter’s move went well and you will give us another chance next time you are in the area visiting her; I am sure from the majority of our guests’ feedback that we can provide world class hospitality.

We look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Hilton hotel in maidstone and I can honestly say It felt like home to me. The rooms were warm, quiet and up to standard. The breakfast in the morning was brilliant,
Definitely filled a hole! Thankyou Elaine who had a lovely kind welcoming voice and made us feel like royalty! But I would also like to give a big thank you to Tanith from the Food and Beverage for making my experience at the hotel a joy! She would have long conversations with me at the bar like a friend then a typical customer, we laughed and recommend places to me and even on her break she would sit with me and tell me the best places to go out in maidstone and write up directions. She was truely a star and made my stay 10 out of 10 I was sad to return home and will deffinetly be visiting some time in the near future.

Would highly recommend this place, it's not always about the look but about the customer service!

Jane cole
Northern Hampshire

• Stayed: May 2014
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Jane,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience and recommend the Hilton Maidstone. I am sure the team will be as delighted as I am to read your review, as this is what our team and I strive to provide to every one of our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit Kent.
Hotel General Manger

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We had our Wedding at this Hilton Hotel in April 2014 and I could not fault the service or food, I would say that some of the rooms are in need of a update. but overall we had no complaints apart from the new car parking charge system which was installed after we booked our wedding, There are no signs about to let people know that if they have used the hotel or been to a function then they do not need to pay for parking, just validate their ticket at reception, unfortunately for some of my reception guests this was not clear and although I did try to remember to tell my guests as they left, I think a few of them did pay for parking when they shouldn't have. I feel this issue needs addressing at the Hotel and I will be contacting them directly to ask about this.

Room Tip: Don't upgrade the rooms are not worth it. unless you get a great deal
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Charlie,

Thank you for your review, I am glad that you found our hotel good value but disappointed that the car park system, installed to guarantee free parking spaces for our guests against tresspassers, was misunderstood. There is a sign stating parking is for free for hotel users next to the machine that dispenses the tickets, I am sorry it was overlooked and cause inconvenience to some of your guests.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Hilton Maidstone.

Hotel General Mangers

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Was here for business and only stayed one night. It's a pretty average hotel. The rooms are standard although the bathtubs are big and raised making getting in and out tricky. My room was on the main floor looking out to the courtyard. Nothing special. The pool and workout room were very nice. I have no complaints.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Roving,
Thank you for your constructive feedback. I am glad you enjoyed the gym and had no complaints but disappointed that you did not find your stay special. I hope you will stay with us again next time you are in the area, as I am sure we can provide world class hospitality that will change your perception for better next time.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed here every week for a month earlier on this year. The hotel offers a good base if you are working in Maidstone or visiting the area as its right next door to the motorway and the park and ride.

The restaurants are good and the room service menu is more extensive than others.

Rooms, whilst a little dated, are comfortable and clean.

As its a Hilton, everything has a price tag on it including £4 for a bottle of water in the room (excessive in my opinion).

Room Tip: 1st floor is quieter than ground.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mikcy,
Thank you for taking the time to write a good review about and recommending the Hilton Maidstone to the readers of this website, above all thank you for your repeated preference.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

stayed here many times and cannot fault the level of attention from the staff. great food great service and great rooms. From the moment I check in to the moment I leave I feel welcomed and valued. highly recommend the food too as I have never had a bad meal either in the bar or in the restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Julian B

Dear Julian,
Thank you for your regular preference, good review and for recommending the Hilton Maidstone. I am delighted to read that you enjoy staying with us and I am sure the team will be too, because this is the sort of experience we strive to provide to every guest.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Maidstone recently to attend a nearby wedding. We were greeted by very reception staff who aided us with an early check-in. The breakfast was fantastic and very hot! The room was lovely and big and very clean. All-in-all a very good weekend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MagicNumbe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidstone
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel
Travelodge Maidstone Central
Travelodge Maidstone Central
#11 of 17 in Maidstone

Been to Hilton Maidstone? Share your experiences!