We travelled to Maidstone to help our Daughter move house! The Hilton was perfectly located....just off the M20 and on the outskirts of the Town. Booking our one-night stay at short notice, via the Internet was quick and easy. We paid an extra £15 upgrade for a larger room with garden view. The room was large, comfortable and clean and very quiet. There was no individually controlled air-conditioning.....a large free-standing fan was available for hot days/nights. We found the large-sized bed incredibly uncomfortable....mattress too hard and pillows too soft.....my Wife and I had a very poor night's sleep! My Wife was not happy to find the bath/shower control "seized" on shower setting.......so had to fill her bath by running the shower, which took some time! Unusually the loo paper was the poorest quality we have come across for some time.......took us back to cheap holidays in Greece! I was also puzzled why a copy of our bill was thrust under our door in the middle of the night......surely Reception at check-out would have been more appropriate!
Breakfast was in "Seasons" main restaurant......and was very good. Staff were friendly and efficient and there was a good range of hot/cold foods......perfect to start the day!
We had an evening drink in the Bar........not fantastic! Large glass of wine was £9 and the place was so brightly lit we felt almost "on stage" under the spotlight! It was almost deserted and lacked any atmosphere.
There is a Health Club with gym and pool, which we didn't use as we were "on a mission" helping our Daughter's house move!
Overall our stay was "a bit disappointing".....it was a very convenient place for our one-night stop-over, but the Hotel felt rather "tired and dated".......perhaps future improvements are planned?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Maidstone hotel is within easy reach of the town centre and the M20 motorway. The hotel has a health club with indoor pool, treatment room and a sauna. Enjoy Seasons Restaurant and The Court Bar, or do business in the 8 meeting rooms. Nearby Kent attractions include Chatham Historic Dockyard, Historic Rochester, Leeds Castle and Kent Life.We have also been awarded Silver for Green Tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Maidstone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Maidstone Hotel Maidstone
- Hilton International Maidstone
- Maidstone Hilton International
- Hilton Maidstone Kent