“Very good thank you..drinks too expensive though,”
Review of Hilton Maidstone

Hilton Maidstone
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Maidstone
GreenLeadersSilver level
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very good thank you..drinks too expensive though,”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed here Saturday 7th with my family,very nice greeting at reception,very well informed where to find everything,excellent breakfast,spa is brilliant,nice rooms.restaurants prices need tweeking,they do a three course special menu which is good value though.
We found drinks are expensive in the bar,however they do a happy hour late in the afternoon..
Yes we would stay here again..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank G M
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear G M,
You are welcome, thank you for your review. I can assure you that we monitor our local market and our prices are in keeping with it, thank you for pointing out that we have promotions both for food and beverage.
Overall it is great to read that you will be back, we look forward to welcoming you again.
Hotel General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 June 2014

One night in this hotel was enough. The hotel is a lovely hotel, in fact in comparison to current Hilton standards which have generally dropped in the past few years, this hotel is one of the better properties.

Whilst not located in the centre, it is completely accessible and not difficult to find and parking is plenty.

The rooms are nice, well decorated and spacious, filled with all the essentials. There is no air con, so on a summers day these rooms are hot and stuffy, a fan is in room but is hardly sufficient as it does not generate enough cool air and the wire is so short you cant seem to bring it to an area of the room were it would be of some use.

I also noted the beds are slightly different to other hiltons, they seems fairly hard and the duvet was a lot thinner and lacked the plumpness of other hilton properties.

The fact that Hilton still charge for internet, especially at £14.99 is beyond me, in a world were most hotels are now removing the charges for internet, Hilton are still charging. It seems to be a common complaint amongst Hilton guests yet they dont seem to listen.

Food wise, the food is fairly expensive and may I add, not so good. Probably, the blandest meal I have ever eaten for a grand total of just over £20. I could have ate the tissue in my room and it would have been somewhat tastier.

Finally, the staff are young and very friendly and make you feel respected and important with exception to the one miserable older guy that works on the coffee bar, who spent most of his time pretending he could not see me trying to grab his attention, followed by some heavy 'huffs' and not one single, "hello, bye, please or thank you" no service skills whatsoever. Which was not a nice first impression of the hotel.

I would return here again, however I would not eat here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Josh839
Dear Josh,
Thank you for your constructive feedback. I am glad you liked our hotel but disappointed that we did not meet your expectations fully, please accept my apologies for that. Although our mattresses are new, we have recently also fitted all deluxe rooms with thick mattresses’ super toppers and will by August have it in all of our bedrooms. Further to that I can assure you that our duvets are fully compliant with Hilton standards, nevertheless I am sorry they were not to your liking.
Internet is free in the lobby and for Hilton Honnours members and this is just one of the benefits for which I would recommend joining.
I am sorry you did not enjoy your food; rest assured that your comments have been brought to the head chef attention. I can also assure you that we monitor our local market and our prices are in keeping with it and we always have promotions both for food and beverage.
I am glad that you found our team friendly; your comments have been shared with them but I am sorry our barista in the coffee shop left you with the wrong impression, although I cannot recognise our usually cheerful colleague in your feedback, I have shared your comments with him.
I am glad to read you will be back and do hope that when you come back you give our food another chance, I am sure from the feedback of the majority of our guests, and my own daily experience, that our team can cook some great meals.
Wickham Bishops, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed here for a quiet anniversary weekend away. The room was big and bed was massive (very comfortable), Spa facilities were very good & peaceful. Dinner & breakfast were buffet style but tasted good. The only 1 downside was the noisy guests getting in at 1am and being a bit load for 30 mins or so, otherwise a great place to stay and we will defiantly use this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Chris,
Thank you for your review I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and indeed that you will be back. I am sorry you were inconvenienced by noise from other guests. For future reference please let the front office team know of any issues and they will deal with that immediately.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.
Wickham Bishops, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Hotel was great, rooms clean & spacious. Dinner & breakfast were buffet style but tasted good. Spa facilities were good and very quiet. Only downside was noisy guests getting in at 1am. Will use this place again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Chris,
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Just passing through the area on a Bank Holiday Monday. The staff were all very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were clean but a bit dated and very dark which made reading difficult. Halls can be noisy as the room doors need new closers. They have a tendency to slam if you let them.
Having had a large lunch, we went to the bar and ordered pub grub which was excellent and service was fast. Prices were just above normal. The breakfast buffet in the morning was quite good.
Certainly not the best Hilton but certainly is a good value.

Room Tip: There is no lift. So if you have much luggage request a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear reviewer,
Thank you for your review and feedback. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and found it to be good value, nevertheless please accept my apologies for not having met fully your expectations. I am sorry that our décor is not to your taste, I can assure you we are constantly investing and upgrading, just last week we installed new lighting in all of our 50 deluxe rooms, which I apologise were not there in time for your stay. I can also confirm that our door closers are in good order, however there is a downside to guarantee our guests safety and close thoroughly, they might be noisy at times, I am sorry that it has inconvenienced you. I am glad you found the our breakfast good and since I am sure it is fully compliant with Hilton standards, I would need more details about what you believed was missing, I am sorry you left with this impression regardless.
We look forward to welcoming you back again. I am sure we can provide you with a world class stay that will improve your opinion about the Hilton Maidstone even further.
Hotel General Manger
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel as an overnight stay before a day trip to France. On check in we were asked would we like to book a table for a 3 course buffet style evening meal. Seeing as we hadn't made plans for the evening meal we decided to take this offer. Wish we really hadn't!
When we arrived at the restaurant we were shown to our table and given the menu on tatty pieces of paper & nothing like previous Hilton buffets. At a glance I was very disappointed with the menu as there was only one thing that I would eat at a push, but I could eat potatoes/rice etc with cold meats. The starters consisted of carrot & orange soup and hors d'oeuvres(salad and cold meats) when we went to the starter station to be greeted by a very mixed selection of food! Nothing was labelled so you didn't really know what you were eating(also not great if you have allergies) we were quite surprised to see that the cold meats were in fact chicken. However this chicken was/looked like it was trying to be disguised as something it wasn't it was basically 4 slices of processed chicken stacked one on top of the other and then cut in to small cubes to make it look like it was actually chicken chunks. That's ok we can have some salad! The lettuce leafs were left uncut and as a result was hard to put on the plate as they were too big. The rest of the selections didn't look that appetising and wouldn't like to guess what they were. The serving spoons/utensils were table forks(have you tried picking up pickled onions, olives with a table fork without stabbing it?)
I thought that's ok I can fill up on bread rolls, however I was again wrong as they resembled cricket balls, and it was like Russian roulette with what you picked up as they was a few children running around picking up rolls taking them back to the tables to then replace them back with the others a couple of minutes later.
On to the main course, again nothing was labeled so had to try and marry up what was on the menu with what was in the pots. The selection of veg/extras to go with the main dish was somewhat indifferent with only rice and new potatoes seeming normal. Also the only thing that I would eat had run out and I had to wait for some more to be brought out! The main courses were extremely tasteless and bland with the sauces that the food were cooked in resembling water. Being complimentary at best this was like a school dinner or rest home quality food.
We have stayed in many hiltons all over the world and this restaurant is by far the worst we have ever encountered, and in our opinion is a disgrace to the hilton name.
The waiting staff were very helpful and I felt a bit sorry for them having to work and be the face to the slop that was being served. The only other thing is I think there should be signs up about children running around and picking up the food and putting it back. Admittedly the parents should have been more vigilant and stopped them but not everyone worries about the behaviour of their children when eating(I have working in the catering trade for many years and have experienced all kinds of behaviours)
Perhaps I am being over critical of this restaurant, but then I am really struggling to have ever attempted to eat a meal as terrible as this.
The room was nice and big and was the real benefit for us staying here. The staff were very helpful and polite. I made use of the health club facilities and again I couldn't fault these and gave me a chance to unwind after the drive down.
Overall I would recommend staying at this hotel(I would stay here again) just don't eat in the restaurant as it really is bad.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Dan,

Thank you for your constructive feedback, I am glad that you enjoyed the room and found the team friendly and helpful, however I am disappointed to read about your dinner experience. You are right that the buffet should be labelled and correct serving cutlery should be in place; please accept my apologies and thank you for bringing that to my attention, I ensure you that action has been taken to address the reasons for these shortfalls in basic standards.

I also assure you that all of your comments have been discussed with the Food and Beverage manager as well as the Head Chef. Our food offering is regularly reviewed and customers’ feedback is the best way of guiding us, thank you once again for taking the time to let us know your opinion, however I am sorry that our food offering did not meet your expectations in that occasion.

I do hope that the positives during your stay will bring you back to our hotel, I am sure that if we have another chance, we will be able to restore your faith on the whole of the Hilton Maidstone hospitality. We look forward to welcome you back.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel with family as part of a wedding party, staying in a inter-connecting family room, which was clean and tidy, but a little tired and in need of a freshen up.

The main restaurant was quite small, it did offer two menu choices, both were a bit pricey for what was offered, service was slow and unorganised, one waitress managed to drop three different things during our meal. The staff had a bit of trouble spliting a food bill of eighteen between two tables.

Breakfast was a help yourself affiar which is a bit disappointing considering other Hilton stays have made to order station, this one didn't even offer cooked mushrooms or tomatos.

The bed in our room was quite firm and the wooden base which creaked and when you turned over the whole bed rocked from side to side, the door and walls were thin and you can hear every sound in the hallway including slamming doors, if you have a room with a view of the court yard you can hear all the conversastions even with the windows closed.

The decor was rather plain but they seem to like mirrors, there was two mirrors in the room and two in the bathroom which is actually inside the bath unit so you can check out your reflection while in the bathtub or while sitting on the loo.

The staircase banisters leading to the first floor were sticky on both days and the tables in the restaurant were sticky and in need of a deep clean.

The hotel is location near the motorway so the environment around the hotel is quite noisy.The hotel stay includes use of the pool which looks nice but didn't use. Overall the general hotel is nice and has what you may need, but seems more like a business hotel then a family hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room either court yard or car park veiw. Also there is no lift so if you have diffic...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear David,

Thank you for your review and constructive feedback. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. All of your comments about the restaurant were discussed with the Head Chef as well as the Food and Beverage manager for their investigation and action, however we already do cook breakfast to order, including mushrooms and tomatoes, as well as any type of egg and other choices to the taste of our guests. We are taking steps to make it clearer to our guests but I am sorry that it was not clear to you during your stay, my apologies.

Your comments about the stairs’ banister have been brought to the attention of our Head Housekeeper for checking procedures to be reviewed and re-enforced, thank you for bringing that to my attention and please accept my apologies for the shortfall during your stay. Please note that the stickiness of the restaurant tables was caused by chemical reaction between the varnishing and cleaning products, therefore have nothing to do with cleanliness and is currently in the process of being addressed, my apologies that this has caused you the wrong impression.

I am also sorry that our bedrooms decor was not to your taste, although the hotel is over 20 years old and some features are in keeping with the original design, we do invest and upgrade our hotel constantly, only last week we received 50 new lamps for our deluxe rooms, all of our beds are being fitted with super topers, all of our shower heads and toilet seats are brand new, 40 bathroom basins are being restored and that is without mention more than £300K in investments made in various other areas and facilities of the hotel in the past 12 months.

I hope you will give us another chance next time you are in the area; I am sure from the majority of our guests’ feedback that we can provide world class hospitality.

We look forward to welcome you back.

Hotel General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidstone
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel
Grange Moor Hotel
Grange Moor Hotel
#12 of 15 in Maidstone

Been to Hilton Maidstone? Share your experiences!