“Wedding stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
“Wedding stay”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed at the Hilton in order to attend a Wedding at the Orangery in Maidstone. It was very easy to get to there from the hotel and the Hotel is very easy to find. The room was very comfortable and clean and the staff polite and helpful. The overall experience was very good and it added to a very enjoyable week end

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Bathrooms are a little tied but I don't care as the service is very good. Rooms could do with more lights and plug sockets. Staff are very helpful and attentive, buffet breakfast was good, location is easy for M20 and channel ports etc.

1 Thank John M
Kent
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Very nice hotel but could do with a spruce up. Enjoyed a few drinks in the bar with colleagues, fairly pricey and not a great selection. Room was very comfortable. The breakfast, in my opinion, was very expensive so I declined.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tricky666
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear reviewer,
Thank you for your for your constructive feedback, I am glad you found our hotel “very nice” and can assure you that we check our market regularly and our prices are in keeping with it. I am sorry that our decor is not to your taste, we are constantly updating and have, for example, only in the past two months bought 53 new armchairs, 8 sofas, 60 lamp shades, restored 40 bathroom sinks and re-varnished all tables in the restaurant.
leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Excellent, except for the error in the billing..ie., dinner,breakfast charge for three nights rather than two. On arrival we where told that buffet dinner was £15 and we were issued with breakfast vouchers also. Copies of invoices etc. have been forwarded to the Manager, Hilton, by post.

Dear Kenneth,
Thank you for your for taking the time to write a complimentary review about the Hilton Maidstone, I am delighted that you found your stay “excellent” but frustrated that you had issues with your billing, apologies for that and thank you for your understanding.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed here Saturday 7th with my family,very nice greeting at reception,very well informed where to find everything,excellent breakfast,spa is brilliant,nice rooms.restaurants prices need tweeking,they do a three course special menu which is good value though.
We found drinks are expensive in the bar,however they do a happy hour late in the afternoon..
Yes we would stay here again..

2 Thank G M
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear G M,
You are welcome, thank you for your review. I can assure you that we monitor our local market and our prices are in keeping with it, thank you for pointing out that we have promotions both for food and beverage.
Overall it is great to read that you will be back, we look forward to welcoming you again.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 June 2014

One night in this hotel was enough. The hotel is a lovely hotel, in fact in comparison to current Hilton standards which have generally dropped in the past few years, this hotel is one of the better properties.

Whilst not located in the centre, it is completely accessible and not difficult to find and parking is plenty.

The rooms are nice, well decorated and spacious, filled with all the essentials. There is no air con, so on a summers day these rooms are hot and stuffy, a fan is in room but is hardly sufficient as it does not generate enough cool air and the wire is so short you cant seem to bring it to an area of the room were it would be of some use.

I also noted the beds are slightly different to other hiltons, they seems fairly hard and the duvet was a lot thinner and lacked the plumpness of other hilton properties.

The fact that Hilton still charge for internet, especially at £14.99 is beyond me, in a world were most hotels are now removing the charges for internet, Hilton are still charging. It seems to be a common complaint amongst Hilton guests yet they dont seem to listen.

Food wise, the food is fairly expensive and may I add, not so good. Probably, the blandest meal I have ever eaten for a grand total of just over £20. I could have ate the tissue in my room and it would have been somewhat tastier.

Finally, the staff are young and very friendly and make you feel respected and important with exception to the one miserable older guy that works on the coffee bar, who spent most of his time pretending he could not see me trying to grab his attention, followed by some heavy 'huffs' and not one single, "hello, bye, please or thank you" no service skills whatsoever. Which was not a nice first impression of the hotel.

I would return here again, however I would not eat here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Josh839
Dear Josh,
Thank you for your constructive feedback. I am glad you liked our hotel but disappointed that we did not meet your expectations fully, please accept my apologies for that. Although our mattresses are new, we have recently also fitted all deluxe rooms with thick mattresses’ super toppers and will by August have it in all of our bedrooms. Further to that I can assure you that our duvets are fully compliant with Hilton standards, nevertheless I am sorry they were not to your liking.
Internet is free in the lobby and for Hilton Honnours members and this is just one of the benefits for which I would recommend joining.
I am sorry you did not enjoy your food; rest assured that your comments have been brought to the head chef attention. I can also assure you that we monitor our local market and our prices are in keeping with it and we always have promotions both for food and beverage.
I am glad that you found our team friendly; your comments have been shared with them but I am sorry our barista in the coffee shop left you with the wrong impression, although I cannot recognise our usually cheerful colleague in your feedback, I have shared your comments with him.
I am glad to read you will be back and do hope that when you come back you give our food another chance, I am sure from the feedback of the majority of our guests, and my own daily experience, that our team can cook some great meals.
Wickham Bishops, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed here for a quiet anniversary weekend away. The room was big and bed was massive (very comfortable), Spa facilities were very good & peaceful. Dinner & breakfast were buffet style but tasted good. The only 1 downside was the noisy guests getting in at 1am and being a bit load for 30 mins or so, otherwise a great place to stay and we will defiantly use this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Chris,
Thank you for your review I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and indeed that you will be back. I am sorry you were inconvenienced by noise from other guests. For future reference please let the front office team know of any issues and they will deal with that immediately.
Hotel General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidstone
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
The Black Horse Inn
#1 of 1 in Thurnham
Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel
Travelodge Maidstone Central

Been to Hilton Maidstone? Share your experiences!