Hilton Maidstone
Priceline
US$109
Travelodge
US$82
Premier Inn Maidstone Town Centre Hotel(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
US$87
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Maidstone (Sandling) Hotel(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
US$103
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Maidstone (Allington) Hotel(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
US$89
1,737 results
All reviewstwo double bedsgood sizeswimming poolroom was largechannel tunnelsteam roomweekend breakreception staffone night staybreakfast was excellentevening mealgood nights sleepplenty of parkingfamily roomleisure facilitiesgymmotorway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here en route to the continent for a touring holiday. The hotel is just off the M20, so is perfect for a stop off before the Channel Tunnel.
The hotel staff were excellent, all friendly and helpful, and we ate in the restaurant both for evening meal and breakfast, and enjoyed both meals. They have a very reasonably priced buffet evening meal which was very good, or you can eat a la carte. Nice rooms, spacious. It is a business style hotel (not a romantic inn), but ticks every box for us. We walked into Maidstone town centre (one mile away), it is a bracing walk down the hill from the hotel (and back up...).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Philip,

Thank you for taking the time to write a good review and recommend the Hilton Maidstone. I hope you enjoyed your holidays and indeed that you will be back again, we look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The only positive thing I can say about this hotel was my room was a good size - other than that it was a very basic budget hotel with the Hilton name.
I stayed here for business for one night (which was more than enough) - and our company has a corporate account (I checked before I booked) but upon check in, they still needed a credit card - which I have never had to provide on a business trip before - but I got my room and as I said it was a good size.
But there was no air-con - instead there was a fan/ oil fired heater (surely a fire hazard in a hotel) so you could heat/cool your room yourself - there was no in room WIFI - which in this day and age for a hotel catering to business customers is ridiculous. Instead there was one hour complimentary WIFI which could only be accessed in the Lobby or Bar??
Bathroom was also a decent size but looked a but worn - as did the rest of the room. The room I had obviously was joined to a smoking room or something as everytime the fan went on in the bathroom, it smelled like cigarette smoke. But it was clean which is good.
The prices for the restaurant and bar are very high - I was shocked - but given that there are no amenities anywhere near this hotel, you have no other choice but to pay. I ordered room service as even with the room service charge, it was still the cheaper option - however the food looked like it had been made by a 5yr old and I got out of date mayonnaise and ketchup jars.
The room walls were paper thin and I could hear every movement from the rooms above and beside me so I didn't have the best nights sleep.
Breakfast had a good selection of choice but it was very busy - I took some fruit and left.
Upon checkout, the questions I had asked the day before and expected someone to get back to me were still not answered. Overall I expected a lot more from a Hilton - this is the second time I have stayed in a Hilton Hotel and on neither occasion have I been impressed - would definitely go elsewhere in future.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Marielouise,

Thank you for your review and constructive feedback. I am really sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Credit card guarantee is industry standard, so I have not explanation why you have never been asked for that before, unfortunately we do require that in our hotel, my apologies that it displeases you. We do provide high speed WiFi throughout the hotel, including the bedrooms, I am sorry that you left under the impression that this was not the case.

I can confirm that our heating system is compliant with the highest standards of health and safety and does not pose any hazard. I am sorry that the guest smoking next door inconvenienced you, please let the team at check in know of your preference and they will allocate you in an area distant from any smoking rooms easily, as there are only 3 in the entire hotel. I am glad that you were pleased with the cleanliness of the room.

We regularly monitor our market prices and I can confirm that our prices are in keeping with it, further to that we always have promotions including drink that are great value for money. Nevertheless I am really sorry that you got out of date item with your room service and assure you that this and your dissatisfaction with your food have been brought to the attention of the head chef and retraining as well as corrective action taken.

I am also sorry that noise from other guests inconvenienced you. It is good to read that you enjoyed the breakfast selection we offer but sorry that it was too busy for your liking. I am sorry you had a question not followed up, since you do not provide details about it I will try my best to find what happen and make the person responsible aware that this is not acceptable, please accept my apologies for that.

I am really sorry that you did not enjoy your stay, I can assure you that we do apply ourselves to try and provide the highest standards of hospitality in the industry and I am confident from the feedback from the majority of our guests that if you give us another chance next time you are in the area, we will be able to provide you with a great guest experience and restore you faith in our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

My husband & I had a few days off work and decided to have some days out in Kent. As we didn't want to spend hours driving we booked into the Hilton for 3 nights . We booked a Hilton King Deluxe which was a large, clean room. Staff were friendly and the service was very good. We ate off the Set Dinner Menu which was very good value.
I travel extensively around the world so am used to staying in hotels and would agree with previous comments that the house wine is rather highly priced. The lager is also served in glasses without widgets so has a tendency to be flat.
Only real criticism would be the reserving of tables in the bar area. A funeral and an 80th birthday party were in full swing on 2 of the days we stayed leaving us with very little seating in the bar.

• Stayed: July 2014
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Michele,

Thank you for your constructive feedback. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and indeed that you found the team friendly and the service good. I assure you that we will be following up on your comments, my apologies that we did not meet your expectations fully.

We look forward to welcoming you again to the Hilton Maidstone.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights and throughout found the staff welcome and helpful. Rooms were large, beds were king sized and comfortable. We had the the buffet for dinner and found a reasonable selection which was tasty. If you are a picky eater you could upgrade to the main menu for a minimal cost. Breakfasts were good and plentiful. Although by a main road the hotel was quiet

Room Tip: We had a ground floor king sized room overlooking the garden area which was nice
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Gingerwanderer,

Thank you for your review and compliments, I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again to the Hilton Maidstone.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here twice now, in large family rooms, spacious, well equipped and clean. The pool is a great facility,kept the children happy for hours! Staff were very helpful and welcoming. We accidentally left some toys in our room after departure and the hotel staff were very helpful in returning them to us. The prices in the bar were a little steep, otherwise, a great hotel, would recommend to other families, and will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Blueandsilver

Dear Blueandsilver,

Thank you for taking the time to compliment and recommend our hotel and indeed for your repeated preference. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back again.