Days Inn Maidstone
US$160
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Grange Moor Hotel(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$140
US$137
Priceline
US$83
Premier Inn Maidstone Town Centre Hotel(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
US$80
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Maidstone (Sandling) Hotel(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
US$104
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Maidstone (Allington) Hotel(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
US$88
PremierInn.com
All reviewsmotorway servicescoffee pod machineplenty of hot waterbudget hotelreception ladymotorway hoteltwo single bedsfree wifiarriving latedecent showerwe booked a family roomchannel tunnelconvenient locationeuro tunnelrooms are comfortabletea and coffeewhat it says on the tin
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Clean hotel with basic well sized room. Based at Maidstone services ideal for resting before crossing the channel. On the down side it does not have a restaurant, so you would have to eat in the services, but they do an excellent breakfast. The Eurostar train line is close by but it did not disturb me.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Anthea S, Manager at Days Inn Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

I'm really pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us.
On your next visit just ask at reception at they will gladly recommend local places to eat other than the sevice area if you wish.
Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next stay The Days Inn Maidstone

Reviewed 9 November 2012

We used this hotel during a 3 day 2 night stay visiting relations in Shorne, nr. Gravesend and also to attend the British Superbikes at Brands hatch. Not knowing what to expect with a budget stopover we were very pleasantly surprised. The staff were great and informative, the room was spotless, roomy and more than up to expectation. Having an eating outlet on site and also being just 5 minutes from Maidstone with a variety of hostleries offering good food it proved to be a perfect stop for us and we would definitely use it again, perhaps as a one night stay on route to the Channel Tunnel or indeed cross channel ferries.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Anthea S, Manager at Days Inn Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2012

Thank you so much for your review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay. Although we are a budget hotel, we do try to provide a friendly service of a high standard. I'm so pleased you found this.
Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you again on your next stay at The Days Inn Maidstone

Reviewed 5 October 2012

As is always the case in hotel surveys, they never ask the right questions!! I
was a walk-in, had no intention of stopping for more than a pee and to
use wifi in the motorway services, (if they had it) to find a place to stay in Calais, didn't even know there was an hotel at those services!

Parked up, feeling dead knackered, and thought, "Bet it'll be 80 quid
for a last minute" and walked in to ask. Result.

In fact, as a marketing exercise, rather than post, rooms from £25, you
might post, "rooms from 25, never more than 55", cause whenever I've
tried Premier Inns for example the price is always way more than I'll
pay.

Anyway, the only two things wrong with the room at Maidstone was the pathetic
water flow in the shower. Bathrooms and clean sheets are the most
important bits and a nice deluge of hot water comes very close to the
top on my list, and (2) having to give personal info to get the "free" wifi, if you have to give to get it's not free! Fortunately I have a Spanish mobile too, so I don't think I'll be too bothered by them. This giving of info is the reason I no longer use McDonalds but try to find Starbucks and similar where the wifi really is free.

I am staying tonight in the Vinci Hotel Salamanca, 55 Euros, marble bathroom,
big room, recent renovation, secure underground car park 10 euros
extra. Makes UK value look rather tame.

Days Inn Maidstone? Great place and a reasonable price to lay your head, but with time and future planning you wouldn't choose it.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Anthea S, Manager at Days Inn Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Thank you for your review. Please note that your feedback is extremely valuable to us .We will utilise your comments by continuing to focus on making Days Inn Maidstone a Great Place to stay.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Conveniently located close to Leeds Castle, this motel is a good solution for a weekend in Kent as it offers easy access to Canterbury, Dover, Folkestone etc.

It was the best value for money offer we could find at £60 per night. Yes, I could sense that the hotel was 'tired' as a previous reviewer stated but it was definitely clean and offered free WiFi, something that competitors with higher rates did not offer. Flat screen TV/computer facility was available for the road warriors - I only used the TV setting which was great!

The reception staff was very friendly and offered us the option to buy a £10 voucher for the nearby Restbite at £7.50, a promotion we gladly accepted to use for our next day breakfast.

The room has the standard amenities one can expect plus a fan which was very welcome given that we stayed there on the hottest night of the year in UK.

The mattress was very soft and bouncy which made our sleep very comfortable - but it may not be what other people like.

All in all, this is a motel to be used as a base for your activities in Kent whether business or leisure. And it is very good at fulfilling its purpose.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay. Although we are a budget hotel, we do try to provide service of a high standard. I'm so pleased you found this.
Thank you again for your review and I hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Maidstone again soon

Reviewed 25 July 2012

A £60 motel room near the channel ports - good location - fast journey to/from Dover.
Good eating options in Motorway Service Station.
Staff & check-in fine.
Room clean but some black mould in the bathroom.
Large but strangely empty room - as though a sofa were missing.
As a stop-over this is fine, but I had a problem with the bath taps - they have those click-buttons attached to the taps which you have to push to get a higher pressure or temperature - designed I guess for idiots who might otherwise scald themselves. Unfortunately, as so often, both buttons were broken, so all I could get was a dribble of tepid water in the bath - hence no bath or shower for me. The fire alarm went of at 5.15am. The staff later apologised - must have been a false alarm.
The "Free WiFi" requires you to give your mobile phone number and email address, both of which have to be verified before you can use the WiFi - the WiFi provider freely admits this is so they can "send you messages". Hmm.
So for me a poor experience - but you may get luckier!

Room Tip: Check the bath taps work before you accept a room
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo