Days Inn Maidstone
  • Pool
US$113
US$110
Very Good 4/5
Grange Moor Hotel(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$71
Travelodge
US$83
Average 3/5
Premier Inn Maidstone Town Centre Hotel(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
US$88
PremierInn.com
Great 4.5/5
Premier Inn Maidstone (Leybourne) Hotel(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
US$91
PremierInn.com
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsmotorway servicescoffee pod machineplenty of hot waterbudget hotelreception ladymotorway hoteltwo single bedsfree wifiarriving latedecent showerwe booked a family roomchannel tunnelconvenient locationeuro tunnelrooms are comfortabletea and coffeewhat it says on the tin
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Did a stopover here and was surprised by the experience! Stayed in room 27, Spotlessly clean and had all the facilities expected. Ok, so we could hear a bit of talking from the next room but I find most hotels don't have adequate sound proofing. Considering we were in a busy services it was very quiet. The bed was a little soft to my liking but plenty of hot water and tea and coffee. Staff were friendly and appeared competent.

We will stay here again, well done!

• Stayed: September 2013
Anthea S, Manager at Days Inn Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us.
I hope we can welcome you back again soon

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Stayed here as nearest location to a family wedding we were attending, staying for a week in a budget hotel is not ideal as this really is more of a motorway stop-over hotel and not really fit for purpose as a family hotel. We were 2 couples with 2 children and whilst we did not expect much for the price, we were a bit disappointed to say the least. the hotel is very tired and in desperate need of an upgrade as it really is at the end of it's useful life in so many ways. There was free wi-fi which is invaluable to me as a travelling business owner with 2 businesses to keep in touch with. However the signal was weak and only worked halfway down the corridor, even though there appeared to be repeater boxes dotted about. Rooms were basic, tired but generally clean, beds again old and tired and need replacing.
Our main issue was that for 3 nights running the fire alarm went off at between 1am - 4am in the morning, I can't begin to tell you how badly this affected our stay. The reception were very understanding and apologetic and after the 3rd time I emailed the head office to complain as we were at the end of our tether and with2 extremely tired and irritable children through lack of sleep. the fact that we were also embarking on daily outings and hence long days was not helped by the lack of sleep. I now know what a newborns mother feels like! We did obtain a refund from the reception after authorisation from the head office which was appreciated. the head office also replied and offered a voucher for a complimentary stay in the future, however the voucher never materialised (surprise, surprise). Restaurant nearby was ok as well, good breakfast and you can get a money off voucher from the hotel reception which helps keep the cost down. However on reflection, I would say that if you can, then you should upgrade to a better quality hotel if you are staying for any length of time. However if you are passing through for 1 or 2 nights then probably ok Days Inn, I am still waiting for that comp. voucher if you read this!

Room Tip: Rooms are all the same no matter where you are, just further down the corridors as bagging fire doors at various intervals are a nightmare. If you are by a fire door, look out!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write this review after your disappointing visit to Days InnMaidstone. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
There was a problem with our fire panel in reception that covers the whole hotel which is why the alarm went off .The fault has now been rectified.but as I'm sure you understand that every time the alarm goes off we do need to check the hotel before the alarm is silenced .

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis.
I was unaware of the promise of a voucher please call me directly and I will arrange this for you

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences during your visit and hope to see you during your next stay.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

The location of this hotel was exactly what we need for a one night stay. There were just a couple of things that spoiled the stay. The beds although seeming soft were not good to sleep on. The mattress and creaky springs inside let you know they were there every time you turned. A painful experience! Another thing was in the hallway leading along from rooms 1 on the ground floor there was a terrible smell of feet. Other than those couple of things the hotel is a budget and would be a good budget if the couple of problems were addressed. I must add that I left something in the room and after a call and a couple of days I had a call back and my item was posted back to me. If in the area again I may well pick another hotel as the comfort in the beds is top priority to me.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Anthea S, General Manager at Days Inn Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

I'm please you found our hotel to be of a good standard and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed 5 June 2013

I stay away with work at least 3 times per week and for the price this hotel in a gem.... Location handy for the M25, Rate paid fantastic, Staff are all really lovely, room immaculate and bed comfy. Overall I would give this hotel a 10 out of 10..... Stayed 2 nights wish it had been 3 (so good).........

Room Tip: Room 31.... two double beds (its huge)
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2013

My wife and I stayed here as 2 day offer on our way to France on holiday. It's a motorway stopover so didn't expect much, but it was a very nice stay. We had a problem with the hot water in our bath, and the staff coudn't have been more helpful. We moved rooms and all was well. All the staff were really nice from the manageress to the cleaners. Good facilities in the service station, especially Mcdonalds breakfast for us on our way to the Euroshuttle for a quick start.

And there is a great free museum in nearby Maidstone.

We will stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple