“Great day out for all the family!”
Review of Mote Park

Mote Park
Ranked #2 of 56 things to do in Maidstone
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Mote Park is a great day out for all the family. Huge open spaces, beautiful lake, great play park for all ages - plus an outdoor gym - but do make sure your kids are supervised on that, the machines are a little strong and my niece got her leg stuck quite badly. Then you've got the little train ride, which is 20p and loved by big and little kids. Lots of room for scooters and bikes, and obviously feeding the ducks!

We had lunch in the café - the hot dogs were great (although at 12.45 they did have to check if they had some left) and good value. The only thing I would say was that if it's not a hot day, there's not much indoor seating. The ice cream bar is also great - I had a mint choc chip waffle cone which was amazing!!

Big car park too - and you didn't have to pay. Toilets weren't great - but they are in a park!

Great day out with my nieces and I'm looking forward to going back for a day out with all the family!

2  Thank hayles_tawny

Reviewed 24 April 2014

park was busy in the play area but its lovely for the children of all ages. i have children of various ages and one likes the baby part and the other likes the gym part.
The cafe is reasonable and ice creams tasty. I can always get parked even on busy days.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This is one handsome park. It is also huge. It feels like you can see off for miles into the park at certain vantage points. I went to Mote last year but entered at the commercial entrance to the kiddies playground area (the lower end) walked around the large pond and just felt that was all there was to it. I also unfairly drew comparisons to Greenwich Park which I grew up in.

On this occasion, I spent much more time exploring the park in warmer weather and was flabbergasted by it's sheer beauty. The quieter areas of the park have a perfect tranquility allowing you to wonder around or just relax in complete peace. Every now and then you'll see a dreamy little cottage hidden amongst the trees in the distance adding to your wanderlust and you'll come across the very stately Mote House. The park is noble and modest about it's beauty with a potent air of Englishness that I very rarely see. I will be spending a lot more time there this summer soaking to it all in to fully appreciate it. What a wonderful gem of a place this is.

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I live not far away and used to use the park for walking my dog but after a spate of rat and fox poison that's been put down I'm wary of letting my dog off the lead as I don't want him eating it. It's a shame as it's really near me and would be great for walking the dog

2  Thank jbartlett10
MaidstoneBC, Public Relations Manager at Mote Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Hello, I'm sorry that you're worried about visiting the park. Please be assured that Mote Park is very safe to visit with your dogs – poison is not used anywhere that animals or people can get to. We do have some bait stations, but they are inadmissible to animals, kept to a minimum and carefully controlled and monitored by professional companies. We have had no reports of dogs being poisoned in the park.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is a lovely park to walk around the lake and grounds. It is kept so well and it's nice to go for a stroll or pick nick. Activities are held through the half terms for children and summer events do take place. Overall lovely place