Leeds Castle Stable Courtyard Bed & Breakfast
  • Pool
Hilton Maidstone(Maidstone)
  • Pool
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsfairfax restaurantleeds castlefree entryb bday tripperslake viewsegway tourpark gategeneral publicmaiden's towerfalconry displayrestaurant overlookingsecurity mansparkling waterlarge bathroomblack swansopening hours
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Stayed in one of the stable rooms which was really nicely furnished, quite large and with a large bathroom. Very quiet nights sleep with only the sound of wildlife in the morning. Restaurant and bar just across the courtyard. Fair choice of food at a moderate price £60 for two including drinks for a la carte two courses. Breakfast served in the same area was lovely. Large buffet plus a cooked full English breakfast waiter served. Fantastic view of the Castle from the restaurant and terrace area. A nine hole golf course surrounds the castle and looked inviting. Easy to reach from the M20 and close to the Channel Tunnel. Make sure to get directions because when the main Castle entrance is closed, the access to the Stables area is not that obvious nor easy to find.
Can't wait to go back and spend more time there to look at the Castle and the extensive grounds.

Room Tip: Stable rooms are lovely and from there you view the castle.
Reviewed 31 January 2014

It was not the Stable Courtyard, we had booked it was a room in the Maiden Tower, which is in the castle proper. Twice the price of a Bed and breakfast room in the Stables, and a view to die for. The view from the bedroom window would match anything I have ever seen in the world. It is glorious. We had travelled up to Leeds Castle near Maidstone in the early afternoon, and had spent 2 hours looking round "the most beautiful castle in the world". We had lunch in the Fairfax restaurant. and was told by all the friendly staff we met how lucky we were to be staying in the Maiden Tower. It was beautiful. We were told by the manager Mark that there was a convention downstairs in the Tower, and to let us know if it was too noisy, and he would be able to move us to a Stable room,as they were having a party that evening. At 3pm we were driven up to the Tower and saw the room. It was out of a dream. It was fabulous. On the way in I noticed a man on his mobile. I did not think anything of it at the time but a few minutes later, Mark the manager arrived and escorted us back out to the bus, we felt like criminals as all the people in the building and outside were watching us and wondering if if my credit card had been rejected . There had been a mix up, and we would be offered a room in the Stables. We were shown the room offered and decided it was mediocre in comparison, nice but not anything special. I said we would be going home. Mark suggested, then showed us a self-catering cottage off the estate, and a mile away. I said we may as well go home, as the cottage was similar to our house. Which we did.I was told that the mistake was made by Secret Escapes, with whom I booked. But talking to Secret Escapes later in the evening, they said that the booking had been accepted by Leeds Castle, and proof of this is being shown to the room before realising the mistake. Both sides say it is the others fault, but the day, which was my partners birthday was ruined, and all I will get back at the end is my money.
PS. My partner is now downstairs cooking the dinner, at home!!!!

Room Tip: If you can get the maiden Tower, go for it.
4  Thank freespiritashford
LeedsCastleKent, General Manager at Leeds Castle Stable Courtyard Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

At Leeds Castle we place a great deal of emphasis on all feedback received from guests. It is very disappointing that on this occasion the service and unfortunate events that occurred resulted in negative feedback and I would like to send our sincere apologies in regards to this.
We were delighted to work with Secret Escapes in offering our Maiden's Tower bedrooms. Unfortunately the Secret Escapes website offered rooms on a date which we did not have available.
However we should not have taken the booking and should have realised the error before you arrived on site. I can see these omissions have resulted in the frustration and disappointment of a customer, which we would never knowingly commit.

We value all of our customers and strive for excellence on all aspects of the customers stay. In this case we went too far in trying to find a comparable alternative. The stay in either the Stable Courtyard Bedroom or Castle View Cottage was offered complimentary to make amends for the disappointment we had caused. However, although all our accommodation is delightful, the alternatives did not match your expectations of staying on the castle island in the Maiden's Tower and your disappointment is understandable.

I did make a follow up call to you that afternoon once you had arrived home. I invited you to attend our 1930's House Party, held in the castle itself this April. The package offers arrival in a vintage Rolls Royce, afternoon tea in the dining room, a prohibition cocktail party with tour of the castle before being served a 3 course dinner in the Henry VIII banqueting Hall and overnight accommodation with full English breakfast the following morning. I offered this at the same price as the stay you had booked with us in the Maiden's Tower, this represented a discount of £150.

Thank you for the positive aspects you mentioned in your review. Again I apologise for the mix up that occurred which ultimately led to you not staying with us in our guest accommodation.
I hope that you will give us another chance to accommodate you in the future and if you contact me personally before making the booking I will ensure that we make amends and live up to your expectations.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Booked two nights stay, as it's somewhere we've always planned on visiting, and never got to before.
We had a double room, that overlooked the long water. The room itself was quite small, but well equipped and spotlessly clean, with extras such as bottled water and l'Occitane toiletries.
One of the best parts of our stay, was wandering around the grounds, before they're open to the general public - lots of wildlife aorund, even managed to get a snap of a kingfisher.
The staff are all genuinely friendly and helpful - it must be a happy place to work in.
Breakfast was ample, with good quality products and we found we didn't really need lunch
The restaurant wasn't open on the evenings we were there, and so we went to the Park Gate Inn on the first night, and into Harrietsham for the Roebuck on the following night.
Both places served reasonably priced, good hearty food.
Would definitely recommend a stay at the stables courtyard, to re charge anyone's batteries!

1  Thank jacames2016
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My daughter got an overnight stay with evening meal and bed and breakfast for myself and my husband as a Christmas present, absolutely loved it, the room was comfortable, the evening meal was exceptional, especially the spiced parsnip, chickpea and cumin soup, breakfast was very good and plenty of it. The castle and grounds are fabulous. Finally the staff are absolutely fantastic, they are a credit and deserve a round of applause. Well done to all.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Booked to stay at Leeds castle for New Years Eve, We chose the banquet in The Fairfax Hall and Courtyard bedrooms rather than the Castle itself. It was around £400 for the package. Upon arrival on New Years Eve we went to our room which was beautiful. We then went to the Fairfax Restaurant where we had champagne provided by the Castle and brought drinks before dinner. I was apprehensive travelling as a couple, sharing a table with others who i didnt know but neednt have worried, the people who shared our table were the same as us, couples so we had a nice dinner. Food was exceptional. Presentation lovely also. After dinner we went back to the hall for dancing to the disco until midnight where we all proceeded to the balcony to watch the fireworks. We brought our own drinks through out the evening but in fairness they did supply champagne to your glass all night with out asking. Bed was comfortable, rooms of excellent quality. Breakfast in the morning was in the Fairfax Restaurant and was outstanding. I think the best breakfast i have ever has when staying away from home,. Anybody thinking of doing this 2014, would definately recommend. Its a great evening.

1  Thank Denise A