“Lovely”

Ranked #179 of 361 Restaurants in Maidstone
Price range: US$5 - US$19
Cuisines: British, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At The Running Horse Harvester in Maidstone food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.About our Harvester restaurantIf you're looking for a family friendly restaurant in Maidstone, there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to Sandling, Allington and Penenden Heath, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests.
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely food ..very filling.. reasonable price and friendly staff..good location..would definitely recommend

General Manager A, Manager at The Running Horse Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Uppie49, we're glad you had such a wonderful experience with us!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

A family meal, outside in the sun,it was a good start but... The meals arrived but the server managed to pour the pot of gravy down my shirt and chair and barely a mention, and certainly nothing amounting to any remorse, he didn't even come back to clear up, obviously staff training had passed him by as leaning and stretching over the guests, when it was easy to walk around compounded some of his other ineptitudes, and not even clearing the table.
The meal was passable although serving meat gravy with the veggie main needs a mention as well.

General Manager A, Manager at The Running Horse Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Hi Paul H, we regret to hear that you are displeased with your recent experience with us.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely looking restaurant inside and out with really friendly staff. There were three of us eating, my 9yr son ordered children’s meat balls- which he loved! My husband and I both ordered the bbq stack which is when the disappointment arrived-the chicken breast was rubbery and luke warm, the breaded chicken and chips were extremely over cooked and the bacon was mostly fat.
I would like to reiterate how lovely the staff were though, I really couldn’t fault them.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I popped in here after a days training nearby for an early dinner. We were shown to our table by a friendly waitress. We ordered refill drinks but had to go and find the dispenser.
Our food was delivered quickly and was hot.
It's not the greatest food you'll ever eat but it was hot, tasty and filling. The unlimited salad is an extra bonus!

General Manager A, Manager at The Running Horse Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Mrsstepp, it's experiences like yours that really keep us motivated!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I chose Harissa Lamb Flatbread
What a mistake....the lamb was very chewy, the couscous lumpy and the flat bread was like a biscuit.
Of course I stopped eating and when the waitress who was very attentive and good asked if everything was OK I said “NO” she asked if I would like something else but I declined. My friends food was alright but uninspiring.
For the sweet course the ice cream sundaes were fine.
We were not charged for my meal.

Hi Beaulox, we regret to hear that you are displeased with your recent experience with us.