“Family wedding”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Maidstone
London, United Kingdom
“Family wedding”
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We stayed here for a family wedding and it was lovely the room had everything you need, except a mini-fridge, but there was a cold drinks machine next to lifts.
Breakfast was good either English or Continental and there is a Starbucks if you need anything else. Drinks in the bars are priced the same as any other pub, so don't believe those saying it was expensive. We would stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: We booked through Hotwire, same rooms but much cheaper
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ILoveFrogs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
peterborough
Reviewed 18 August 2011

As a disabled family of 4 (husband in a wheelchair) we find it very difficult to get a room to accommodate us. This hotel had it perfect. We had a disabled double room, interconnecting to a twin room. My husband had a roll in shower, and I had a bath (although it was on the small side) the rooms were of a fantastic size, the beds were extremely comfortable, with additional pillows in the wardrobe area. The downside was that the rooms were too hot, although a stand up fan was in the room, it did little to cool the room. There were tea and coffee facilities in the room, no biscuits or toiletries in the bathroom though.
The swimming pool is great fun (although a little too cold at first), and you have use of the gym, spa, sauna and steam room included in the rate.
We didn't have breakfast, however, we did stay for an evening meal in the restaurant - it was a little too long waiting for our food, but the food was cooked perfectly and the staff were all extremely friendly.

Room Tip: disabled room is a lovely size, with large bathroom
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Stayed in this hotel last night,12th August.When I booked I requested top floor quiet room as I hate people above walking or jumping on floor above me.When I arrived I was given first floor room.The receptionist quickly changed it for me.When we got up to our room the first thing I noticed was the noise from outside the window.They had the large silver airr vents right outside the window.When I pulled window shut it didnt seem too bad so didnt complain.Next I found what was chewing gum on the carpet,as we werent going to be in the room for long I also let that go.When we got back late that night we got into bed but as it was too warm I went to put on the stated air conditioning on only to find there wasnt any.Thats when we noticed a fan beside the tv.It was so hot we had to open the window and yes you quess right I had to lie and listen to that noise all night,those air vents sounded even louder at night.It stated that the room had air conditioning,certainly noy in my room.I would make sure with the hotel before you book if you want air con.I didnt get what I paid for.

Room Tip: If you want air con make sure your room has it.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Slough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I stayed at the Village for the weekend last weekend. the purpose of my trip was to see the Gillingham v Cheltenham game.
I booked in on the Friday and left on the Sunday.
From start to finish, it was an excellent experience. Price and value was very reasonable.
But the main thing was how friendly everyone one was from the moment we were checking in to the time we were checking out.
The food was of exceptional standard, rooms very good, and overall a nice pleasant experience. I would definetely recommend

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Belfast
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed for three nights and got a fantastic dinner bed and breakfast deal. The deal was so good we really weren't expecting much with the food or the leisure facilities. We were really impressed the staff although all relatively young were really helpful and thoughtful. The food was of a really good standard considering the value £29 for two including 3 courses and wine. We did have to wait over an hour on one night for dinner but the hotel was packed and the food was worth it in the end.The room was big, quiet and airy good TV iron etc. The only little gripe would be the tolietries in the bathroom if you are going to stay bring your own shampoo and conditioner as they only supply one soap dispenser to cover all. Not good if you are a lady with highlights etc to look after! the pool is an excellent size with steam rooms and sauna. All in all it we had a great stay and would definately recommend this hotel to any other traveller to the area who is looking for value for money.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Conwy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Stayed for one night, bit noisy outside at night as smokers gather outside till the early hours and on the night i stayed they were loud. Good room, good breakfast, good service.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a night at the end of May. Wasn't sure what to expect as have heard mixed reviews beforehand. I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel staff seemed to be polite, rooms were nice and clean (minus a couple old stains on the carpet but you've got to expect some wear and tear in rooms realistically). We was going to eat in the hotel but my husband was warned by locals (whom he met in the sauna/steam rooms) that the food was appalling (breakfast is ok though) and they recommended a couple local pubs for good food. There was loads of choice locally, a harvester, beefeater and lots of local friendly pubs. Overall, we had a nice time and had our moneys worth. We would stay there again but will probably still avoid the hotel food again.

Room Tip: Worth speaking to locals for a decent place to eat
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple