“Village Maidstone is not of De Vere Standard !”

Village Hotel Maidstone
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Maidstone
Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

My wife and daughter were forced to spend several weeks at the Village Maidstone following a flood at our property
We found the faculties very basic Some rooms in need of refurbishment They were hot and beds uncomfortable
Often our room would not be cleaned at all and if it was the standard of cleaning was very poor ! Breakfast was the highlight of our lengthy stay !
The food is OK but not good value
The staff are pleasant David the Food and Beverage Manager is the one bright light at this Hotel he is one of the few features that lives up to the renown De Vere Brand
The Village Hotel in Swansea is much better in every aspect I suspect the Maidstone Hotel is complacent due to its location and local demand
Ian Kinga B

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

2 nights stay. Our room was at the front of the hotel above the main door. During our stay there was a wedding on. The rooms were so hot it was impossible to sleep and the windows only open about 4 inches for safety purposes, so we couldn't let any air in. The guests from the wedding were outside the front of the hotel shouting and drinking all night which was impossible not to hear. I think when you pay a certain amount air con should def be as standard

When we checked out the lady at the desk asked did you have any problems during your stay. I told her we couldn't sleep at all because of the heat and noise. Her reply was oh I'm sorry to hear that.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We booked an Upper deck room. The hotel is pleasant and clean with courteous and bubbly staff. There is lot of parking which is also used by customers of the attached restaurants and the leisure club.

Booking a "upper deck" room gives a few minor extras, including Sky Movies.

I did have concerns that the number of people coming and going with the restaurant downstairs might have resulted in noise leaking through into our room. I was wrong.

The breakfast had a fair range of items, including some very good pastries.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed here as I was on a course in Maidstone and the Premier Inn I've stayed at before was booked. The price was on a par with other premier inns, on a room only basis.

On arrival the reception team were very helpful and efficient. Once in my room I was pleased to see it was spotless and although there was a smell of paint it was well decorated.

That night I was kept awake all night by the neighbours!! Being in an upper deck room I would have thought the rooms would have had better sound proofing. This is something that really needs to be considered! In addition to this the heater kept clunking so I had to turn it off which wasn't really a problem as the room was warm.

At times during the night the room was too warm but I couldn't open the window as the road noise was loud and the room was on the ground floor so being on my own I didn't want to make myself vulnerable.

I didn't have breakfast but did have room service. The chicken Kiev was bland and the cheese selection was ok but the cheddar was very plastic. However, the next night I had steak and trimmings. The steak was cooked to perfection and all the other bits excellently seasoned.

Overall a good stay but rooms need some kind of air conditioning/temperature control as well as thicker walls.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I have stayed in a lot of village hotels before and never have I wanted to write a bad review. After a bad day I checked in at the hotel and on arrival to my room I noticed how shabby, old and in desperate need of renovation it was, there were also only 5 tv channels (the majority sport) when I approached reception to see if they had anything with a working tv they told me that was all that room was entitled to and I had to pay £20 extra a night for an 'upper deck' room which made the booking £100 a night! I then walked passed a gentleman in the corridor that was swapping out of my first room as it has not been checked since I had been in it! The next night I went to get my key re swiped when I told the lady the wrong room number by slip of the tongue and she replied 'sure your in the right hotel' it was rude and unnecessary! I could go on about the terrible service but at £100 a night my drinks supply wasn't refilled at all until I requested it! Getting through to connect to the restaurant was a hassle and the gentleman on the other end of the phone was the only helpful one, then my food came up cold and again massively over priced for the quality!! I would suggest if booking this hotel be willing to pay for the only refurbished rooms!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 2 March 2013

This hotel classes itself as an "Urban Resort" which clearly epitomises that people who stay there are low down the list in order of priority. The room was dirty and badly in need of renovation with all the signs of a hotel that has lost it's way. Dirty and missing mastic, scuffed walls, little hot water in the afternoons, filthy toilet rim and a policy of not changing linen daily.You can hear what is going on either side of you and if like us you stay on the first floor you are disturbed by the foot fall from above. Even the tv was not tuned properly. The hotel is running a breakfast promotion designed to clearly attract non residents. This means your morning dining experience at the weekend is like a zoo. As residents we even had to wait for a table. There is a Starbucks coffee outlet on site. This is taken up by non residents taking up the tables by monopolising the wifi and parking there cars in the layby directly outside the hotel designed to accommodate residents loading/unloading there luggage or trying to get into a taxi. The covered entranceway is dominated by smokers who stub out their cigarettes in the flower pots which are overflowing. The bar is some sort of a themed pub, there are security staff at the weekends and you can't hear yourself speak inside, so don't count on a pleasant drink. The only good thing is the gym and pool but that in turn means a constant flow backwards and forwards of gym users in the reception area or in Starbucks.I did give the reception staff the benefit of my feedback, that took no notes of what i said but offered for a Manager to e-mail me which i declined.

Room Tip: They are upgrading the rooms but they are no bigger.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard7852
Reviewed 1 March 2013

My Fiancee and I visited the Devere on the 15th February as we had some appointments in Kent to arrange our wedding. The hotel is a typical chain style hotel, however slightly nicer than standard accommodation. The receptionist on arrival was very efficient and friendly, checked us in early as well.

The rooms are spacious, comfortable and well decorated in the usual hotel style! The bed itself was ok, however wasnt particually well fixed. The only real problem we had with our room was the noise, none of which was due to proximity of a large A road, but due to some day after Valentines day celebrations which seemed to come from both of our next door neighbours! We even learned the name of the guy next door (as it was repeated several times during the celebrations!).

Once the celebrations were over the people above us came back only to have a rather loud arguement. However once the celebrations and arguements were over we slept very well and woke up well rested.

The Hotel also boasts a large health club and spa. The gym was extensive and included many different weight and cardio machienes. The swimming pool was large and clean and also had hot tub, steam room and sauna.

Breakfast was included and was served buffet style.There was a good variety of cereals, yoghurts and fruits, as well as traditional english breakfast, which was all well cooked and all warm.

On the whole this is a very good hotel for a visit to Maidstone. However DONT visit near valentines day!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidstone
Hilton Maidstone
Grange Moor Hotel
Grange Moor Hotel
#14 of 17 in Maidstone
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels

Been to Village Hotel Maidstone? Share your experiences!