Stayed at the De Vere Village Maidstone under the 'two stay for 29.00' deal, and have to say, my partner and I were surprised at the quality of accommodation, and helpfulness of the staff.
We arrived, and were checked in by Hazel, who made us feel welcome straight away and seemed genuinely eager to help. She made us reservations at The Verve grill for dinner, which was also two dine for 29.00. Hazel gave a great welcome.
The hotel seems to do party nights at the weekend, and when we arrived it was an 80's themed disco. Queue lots of drunk people walking around in tutus. Rather than being a nuisance, there was a great atmosphere and everyone seemed to be having a lot of fun. Also, the music from the disco could not be heard in our room, or in the restaurant and public areas.
We received a family room, as this was the only room type left with a double bed. Room was spacious, clean and compromised of two large double beds. Furnishings were high quality - and I believe it was directly comparable to a Hilton Style bedroom.
Dinner was a real treat - 3 courses and again helpful staff. I would say drinks were overpriced, but this seems to be the case in many budget hotels. Food was high quality.
Swimming pool was a big size, but on a Saturday morning seemed to be overrrun with children's swimming lessons. Not a problem as we chilled out in the adults only jacuzzi.
Overall a great little hotel for the price, definitely would return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Urban Resort Maidstone is situated close to the River Medway and is perfectly located to explore Kent and beyond. From shopping at Bluewater to a trip to see the animals at Hop Farm Country Park; from a walk along the new Millennium riverside pathway or a trip back in time to the Museum of Kent Life or Leeds Castle, you'll find everything on your doorstep. Village Urban Resort Maidstone has 122 comfortable bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 25 Metre Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Village Hotel Maidstone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Hotel And Leisure Club Maidstone
- Village Hotel Leisure Maidstone
- Village Hotel Maidstone Kent